Sonic Screwdriver contest (Entry #2)

jwm96

So when I read that there was going to be a sonic screwdriver contest I was thrilled because I wanted to see what types of sonic screwdrivers everyone could come up with. Then I saw the first prize and was told by my dad that the worst that could happen is I could lose, so I signed up and spent that whole night planning it out in my mind and the next day I practically expelled all my creativity in one burst to create this sonic screwdriver because I was so excited, (The only reason why I say that is because after I finished the screwdriver I had no motivation to tinker with anything :D). But when I saw the other entries I felt inspired to attempt a laser screwdriver (pics are included). I am really happy that I entered this contest because first off it was really fun (thank you The Next Doctor for putting it all together), and I’m not going to lie, I am super excited that I got second place :D. So without further ado I present to you The Sonic Screwdriver, and The Laser Screwdriver, enjoy.
*misc info*
170 g
6 oz
All metal except emitter and end tip
All found objects except for the emitter
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some more pics here,
http://picasaweb.google.com/110776688867462055281/UntitledAlbum#

sonic.jpg

sonic2.jpg

Out of fear of losing it I can not take it apart but I can show you that the center is just one large screw :D
100_5019.jpg

100_5018.jpg

100_5017.jpg

Here is the family, I really like how these pictures came out
100_5015.jpg

100_5014.jpg

Its a bit hard to see but here is the emitter with a "speaker" looking part inside of it.
100_5013.jpg

Laser W.I.P
100_5010.jpg

100_5011.jpg

100_5012.jpg

Misc Sonic pics
100_5004.jpg

100_5003.jpg

100_4982.jpg

100_4984.jpg

100_4992.jpg

100_4981.jpg

100_4828.jpg

Oh and you gotta love my lighting trick
100_5002.jpg

100_5001.jpg

Last edited:
I love "the family." I wish I had a wrist-thing and pocket watch. Cool job on the sonics. Am I correct that you made most of them but a couple are bought?

Any one want to help me locate a glass display case for this? You dont have to buy it just show me were I can get one, I will send you the dimensions if you are interested.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back