Testor Paint questions/comments - insider

rad1701

Sr Member
Been meaning to post about this for awhile, but I wanted to say that since January earlier this year I have been working for the Testor Corporation. I'm an R&D chemist here and really enjoying it. Obviously all of you know they have made much of the hobby paint for many years that we all use in our projects. Thought I would toss out the idea that if any of you have comments, questions, suggestions about Testor paint products that I'd be happy to pass it on. You might be surprised at how many new ideas come from the customer base. Anyway, you have an insider now (even though I can't say much about some of the exciting new stuff coming). Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. :cool

Tell them to keep their formulas as they are! We don't need another great paint line to go the way of Krylon.

Larger cans of DullCote was my first reaction too!

Ooooh... Either good or bad timing for this thread, depending on your perspective.

I've covered my entire Death Star with Testor's Dull Coat. It has dramatically shifted the color.

I did a test on white styrene sheet plastic - half was Rust-O-Leum Matte, the other half Testor's Dull Coat.

I kid you not - the Testor's is nearly HONEY colored.

I'll post pics later.

(And couldn't this go in Props?)

Good suggestions guys, I will pass them on. They do have a few new things coming that I think will fit some of your requests.

I've a question. Could a paint line be formulated that is similar to your model master acrylic enamels that can be bought / sold in the UK ? Unfortunately due to certain chemicals they cannot be sold here. :(

I've a question. Could a paint line be formulated that is similar to your model master acrylic enamels that can be bought / sold in the UK ? Unfortunately due to certain chemicals they cannot be sold here. :(

Very interesting you should ask that. Again, can't say a lot, but expect something to compete with Humbrol over there in the near future. :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back