Jurassic Park Jeep

Re: Jurassic Park Jeep Wrangler

As kid...I begged my parents to buy a jeep and do this.

They told me there were copyright laws to prevent that.

They lied to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol

(That's a true story. :lol )

Very impressive!

What sort of awesome keyring does one use for such an awesome car's keys? :)

Very impressive!

What sort of awesome keyring does one use for such an awesome car's keys? :)

Ah, man. When I first built it I found this really great keychain made from a red nylon strap with a ring at one end and a carabiner at the other. The strap had a rubber 3D stamp of the JP logo on it, the whole thing was terrific. I found it on ebay and bought it immediately, only to lose it the following summer while working as a rec director.

I haven't been able to find anything even close to resembling it since :(

What I really need is to figure out how to make this into a shifter knob!
IMG_1588.jpg

And then there is this guy in Florida, who has really gone the extra mile with his build.
topoff1.jpg

This guy has probably the closest color scheme to the original, visiting Universal Studios Islands of Adventure for measurements and references on the old screen-used No.10 Jeep. He bought real GoLights and made resin bumpers for them from scratch! He's also replicated the original winch decals from the IoA Jeep perfectly.

I think I've seen this Jeep driving around here in the Winter Park area of Orlando (I've seen it at least four times, each time on my way to school, and the driver heading in another direction).

I love your Jeep. I've seen your thread elsewhere, and at some point I'm going to try and build my own.

Really funny story about the color. It's sort of been the consensus of Jeep builders that the actual paint was closer to champagne or grey/gold. It was comforting to know that I wasn't the first person to make this mistake, as I soon found a slightly older build with a similar, albeit glossier, gray body.

Even without seeing your Jeep, (Good job on marketing it to the entire internets, btw) I think most people would assume the paint was a gray color. Just one of those movie lighting things.

Oh, and an amber shifter knob would be perfect. :thumbsup

Last edited:

Am I allowed to complain and moan about the Ghostbusters car? IT SHOULD BE A 59 CADDY AMBULANCE. NOT whatever the hell that is.

Also, I feel I need to point out, the Delorean looks AWESOME and you've done an amazing job on the JP Jeep. Right on target.

There is one thing i'm curious about. I was watching the movie again today to get some screencaps, and I noticed that in the beginning, the two jeeps they get into for the first encounter with the Dinosaurs don't have the lightbar.

Well, they have the bar, but no lights. I think it's only the Jeep nedry steals that has the lights, so couldn't you get rid of those if you don't like them and still have it be "accurate"?

That Florida jeep was on ebay recently. If I was still in Florida I TOTALLY would have bought it. I think i would have painted mine that I would wanna build grey too though just because from watching the movies as a kid and repainting my hotwheels jeep into grey and red... Grey is just what I saw... its kind of a do you paint it whats accurate or do you paint it what you think you see kind of thing.

Though I probably will be saving a ton of your photos so I can some day do this build lol

Awesome JP Jeep man, I hope to make a scaled rc version one day and I’m definitely gonna use yours as reference, excellent pictures :thumbsup

Btw, there is also a JP Jeep on Yourprops.com but I don’t know who owns it

Cool! Star Car Central in SoCal has a JP jeep as well from my friend Ari, his is set up as an off-road toy:

ari.jpg

http://www.starcarcentral.com/newmemb.php5

http://starcarcentral.wordpress.com...ther-at-cbs-radford-lot-for-a-backstage-tour/

You can also see it in "Drive" magazine this month with the rest of the group at CBS studios if you're stuck in an auto repair/tire shop waiting room.

I've got to get you two talking together to share some geeky parts. Down on my list of projects is making a "shaker" crate to throw in the back which will act like a caged dino on command and scare/amuse passers by.

--Brian

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back