Jurassic Park Jeep

Re: Jurassic Park Jeep Wrangler

Dude! I am so insanely jealous! Very, very awesome. A beautiful piece of work. Thank you so much for the full walkthrough of the process as well. I'll never be able to do this, but it was fun to read. You really are a dedicated fan.

Awesome beyond words! :lol Hell of a job!

Every time I think about movies and cars and what I could possibly afford and drive in the future, my fantasy is a JP Jeep or a JP Explorer. Or a DeLorean. Or an Ecto 1. :)

BTW, I've got decent refs of the rearview mirror hang tags. Gotta get up early tomorrow, but I'll post them in a day or two. Though, if you have access to HD caps, you've probably got what I've got.

-Mike J.

Awesome, awesome...

Can I ask you where this photo was taken? Great shot!

boulderjeep3.jpg

Awesome, awesome...

Can I ask you where this photo was taken? Great shot!

Yeah, that is probably my favorite picture of my Jeep. I'll have to try an recreate that when it's finally officially totally done.

It was taken right here: 39.93829,-105.236837

The pictures of the movie car lineup were also taken there.

I'm not into jeep's but I am into movie replica cars and this one is beautiful! Well done and welcome to the forum.

Saw this on proptopia awhile back...still in love with your jeep. Man that thing is just fantastic!

Hey man I saw your jeep at Star Fest this year and it literally made my jaw drop!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

I'm a huge Jurassic Park fan, so this thread was an awesome read.

Incredibly well done! :thumbsup

As I'm on a budget and could not afford a running one, I've been tempted to nab a dirt cheap scrap Jeep, apply the changes and just have a static prop in the garage.

Yours is truly a thing of beauty.

Ugh. Bought a new steering pump today as the current one leaks like crazy and makes a (sometimes) awful whining sound. I HATE spending money on upgrades to the jeep that I can't go out and photograph, lol. Especially since I now have a source for the correct rear lamps, front fogs, and I am days away from getting my screen-accurate lightbar painted.

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate all the positive feedback for what is such a simple and straightforward build.

If you're really interested in what it takes to build one, or simply want a few good reads, check out http://jurassicparkjeep.com, it's the current big forum for builds. We've found the right lights, the right color codes (doh) and pretty much everything else so far over there.

Definitely check it out!

I have to wonder when the works posted in these forums will cease to amaze me. The jeep is fantastic. 100% Screen accurate or not, it would fool 99% of the people out there. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back