Jurassic Park Jeep

Re: Jurassic Park Jeep Wrangler

I'm seriously considering selling my house to get one of those (or maybe two).

OUTSTANDING!! It's my childhood dreams, both the Jeep and the Ecto-1. Thanks for sharing your dream.

I think it's only the Jeep nedry steals that has the lights, so couldn't you get rid of those if you don't like them and still have it be "accurate"?

I can't really blame you because it was sooo big, but I totally addressed this in the OP.
Boomerjinks said:
I bought one lightbar for use with off-road lights, and made one to be accurate to how Jeep 18 looked. I also got around to getting the side steps painted.

I decided to use the second lightbar for convention and wheeling season. I've slowly found that I dislike the height of the lightbar off the windshield, and I REALLY don't care for the awful whistling sound that comes from the bar and lights while driving over 50mph. I'll be painting and mounting the light-less bar this summer.

IT SHOULD BE A 59 CADDY AMBULANCE. NOT whatever the hell that is.

Whoa whoa whoa, stop the internets! What do you mean?

Oh man. I love that Jeep! Alas, I cannot *fit* in a Jeep, unless its one of the new 4 door versions, so it would look wayyy off.

I do, however, own a Dodge Magnum, like the Ecto.. I wonder if the wife would let me paint it, and mod it....

As a former jeep owner AWESOME WORK!!

She and the Ecto are beauties!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome job! Now you need to get an old Explorer(?) and paint it up like those electric tour cars they used.

Indeed!

On my list of things to do:

- Wire up and properly weld down the winch
- Get the correct tag for rearview mirror
- Change the hood stamp with a correctly-sized replacement
- Have the door logos recut with a better red vinyl
- Paint the interior door panels and get their pouches sewn up
- Paint the light-less bar and mount it
- Mount rear amber lamps

THEN it should be pretty spot-on...

Being a Jeep owner, I never liked the square headlights. But this Jeep, i absolutly LOVE! Very AWSOME!! I never thought of hanging a raptor claw on the rear view mirror. Nice touch!(y)thumbsup

Can I make a friendly recommendation for your JP Jeep at her next Con showing? :confused

Find this image, clean it up, print it HI RES on quality photo paper, seal it, cut it to mirror shape, and securely install at every future show!!!

Talk about another Easter Egg! Not well hidden but a cool idea!

t-rexin.jpg

A-W-E-S-O-M-E movie prop by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually did that once when I first built the car. It was a screencap from the DVD so it looked like ass, but now that I have the HD version maybe it's time for annuva go!

Being a Jeep owner, I never liked the square headlights. But this Jeep, i absolutly LOVE! Very AWSOME!! I never thought of hanging a raptor claw on the rear view mirror. Nice touch!(y)thumbsup
I totally agree, as I own a WW2 Willys MB Jeep and would love to do what you did to a modern Jeep if I ever stumble across one cheaply. You have, in my mind, the ONLY cool square-headlight Jeep out there!

Amazing Jeep, a labour of love indeed. And the dozens of pics are real eye candy. AWESOME (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Indeed!

On my list of things to do:

- Call da amber lamps

Fixed.

Also, T-Rex in the rearview mirror would be funny, maybe get just the rex done in clear vinyl, so you can have a blindspot all the time?

I'll even say the 'Must go faster' line and bump the jeep out of gear from time to time.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back