Jurassic Park Jeep

Faaaaar from the best! Cyrix in Florida was the first person to get the paint color right, then he went and blew us all out of the water with a perfect screen accurate winch, as well as the golights with brushguards along the top.

That jeep is, supposedly, now on Oahu driving around on the 'real' Isla Nublar, which is incredibly fitting.

There are easily a dozen or so Jeeps out there of higher caliber than mine. Easily! Hopefully I'll be able to get some work done this spring and it will back in the top 10, maybe. Definitely check out JurassicParkJeep.com if you're into this stuff, there are so many amazing Jeep and stories out there!

BLASPHEMY! i've seen a few out there and its like some people just kinda half ass paint it just so u know what its SUPPOSED to be......

and i even watched the movie last night....yours is definitely the best that I have seen. other people have different font numbers/letters, graphics arent right, etc. you even put the flare kit in!!! :thumbsup

Last edited:
Wow, really cool looking through the process of your build, not to mention all the other photos of JP Jeep conversions!

Nicely done.

do you have the names of the correct colors? i've been dying to make a JP jeep, but I dont want to get the colors wrong.

do you have the names of the correct colors? i've been dying to make a JP jeep, but I dont want to get the colors wrong.

Sand beige poly and viper red is the most common combination. If you go the paint section on JurassicParkJeep.com the actual codes are posted there!

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEE WORK!

I cant tell any difference between the Film car and your replica.
Actually the replicas looking better then the original.

Caqm9hn.jpg

Freaking ice age has moved in on Denver.

I was thinking of a trilobite. Not the most accurate representation of the Cambrian, I suppose, but certainly the most recognizable. And rather than green, I was thinking of mitochondria orange.

Awesome Jeep. Also, is this the same jeep as seen in the recent The Oatmeal comic? This is a blog post about dinosaurs, Tesla, and a hotel in Colorado - The Oatmeal

Also I agree with red4, both about the trilobite, and the orange.

Indeed it is. I heard Greg was having his groundbreaking ceremony for his hotel and made the jeep available to him if he thought it would be a good fit for the event. He is a wildly creative and passionate guy, I really look forward to working with him in the future.

8246316772_3858b9c53e_c.jpg

What are you doing for the re-release this weekend?

I'm actually out of town for the actual release :( A few weeks back I was contacted through the car club by some people who want to use the Jeep as a "taxi" to a Friday screening. I don't charge for the use of the cars, so the passengers will be donating their "fare" to the Dinosaur Ridge museum and fossil tracks site just outside of Denver.

I had actually given up hope on doing anything with the Jeep and JP3D, as I am supposed to be out of town this weekend, meaning the Jeep was gonna sit in a garage for the whole premiere. I was pretty bummed about that. Then at the last second, I heard about the early screening and contacted the marketing company.

We hit the early screening last night, and I gotta say, this is the first movie that I've enjoyed in 3D. The picture was incredibly clear, and it seems the image was brightened up just enough to compensate for the glasses. The waterfall scene was particularly amazing, and the Explorers were phenomenal! I noticed details on the dinosaurs I had never seen before.

I'm sure some people will have complaints, or even outrage over the 3D, but as someone who normally hates 3D, I was perfectly fine with it. Also, I didn't really notice a lot of of the dinosaur sound changes. In fact, possibly due to the theater sound, I heard and understood a great deal more little bits of background dialogue. I avoided looking at anything related to JP for a long time before this, and I was pleased to get a little bit of that "seeing it for the first time" feeling. Also, watching people jump during dino attacks - since I guess they'd never seen it - was really really awesome! Cool stuff.

Plus, getting to surprise people as they walked out of the theater was a blast. Damn lotta kids sat in that driver seat tonight.

tqYIurb.jpg

Things worked out nicely :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back