My District 9 Nerf Mod

Caveneau

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi there, this is my first post for one of my own props. It was inspired by District 9. It's a Nerf Strike Force gun. Originally all yellow, it was sanded right down, painted white. I stuck some PVC tubing inside, mounted some knobs on the sides, painted her orange and there it is.

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/caveneau/My Prop Projects/D9-Nerf Mod/

I still want to add extra pieces on the end to make it longer. I also want to add an extension to the front of barrel just to add something else.

The orange stripe could have been done better. That's my biggest complaint about it so far. I used basic masking tape and the paint bled through.

Last edited:
Hi there, this is my first post for one of my own props. It was inspired by District 9. It's a Nerf Strike Force gun. Originally all yellow, it was sanded right down, painted white. I stuck some PVC tubing inside, mounted some knobs on the sides, painted her orange and there it is.

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/caveneau/D9-Nerf Mod/?action=view&current=f79b2ed9.pbw

I still want to add extra pieces on the end to make it longer. I also want to add an extension to the front of barrel just to add something else.

The orange stripe could have been done better. That's my biggest complaint about it so far. I used basic masking tape and the paint bled through.

Just gotta say this is one of my favorite Nerf mods I've seen around. I might be biased because I'm a huge D9 fan, though. It really captures the vibe of their weapons well! Does it still fire darts? I hope it does.

Wow, thanks for your kind words. I'm pleased with it too! I'm a little upset with the 'orange stripe' only because I used cheap masking tape and the orange bled through.

And yes, it still fires darts.

There are more pictures on my photobucket site that show some of the early progress.

Pretty sweet indeed! I bet there's a lot of Nerf's that are just begging for the D9 treatment. You plan to do any more?

i had to cancel my weta gun, doing one of these just might be in order ...

Yeah, well that's why I tried it. Weta emailed me and said they 'haven't any shipped any D9 stuff to Canada' So I chose not to be the first

Canada customs are pretty Fascist about not letting anything that even remotely looks like a firearm into the country.

Although it's clearly not modelled after a REAL gun, you'd think they'd let it through, but I'm not taking any chances.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back