MR Falcon - Cockpit Lights shine through

Wish

Hello fellow RPF-Collectors,

only recently did the chance to acquire a MR Falcon present itself and I don't regret to have taken the plunge.
It is a beautiful model with very little to be left desired for my taste, but for one nagging shortcoming that is driving me nuts: the cockpit lights shine through the outer shell. :confused

Granted that this looks to be a general design flaw (engines show similar tendencies but to a much less distracting extent) rather than an issue with my individual piece, so I'm eager to hear if others have already taken on this annoyance and tried to fix it.

Maybe I'm nitpicking here, but since my home theatre room is often semi-dark when watching movies, it's really prominent and takes away from the illusion imho.

Here are two pics of mine, Cheers Lars

DSC00534.jpg

DSC00528.jpg

Ummm....really? This is what you use as your first post?

Really?:rolleyes

I know there are a few here who have taken this thing apart, but I'm sorry I can't help with the specifics.

Alternatively, you could paint the area beginning with silver or black to block the light. But then you'd have to repaint that area.

You could do a search (the search function. Learn it and use it... it is your friend :lol) for people who have taken this apart, contact then on how they did it, and do what incrediPAUL suggested. That would definitely solve your problem.

Really?:rolleyes

I know there are a few here who have taken this thing apart, but I'm sorry I can't help with the specifics.

Alternatively, you could paint the area beginning with silver or black to block the light. But then you'd have to repaint that area.

It can be done. The first one i took apart was fine and the plastic cockpit came away from the resin tunnel with no fuss. The rest of the interior is a pain and i ended up cutting the floor away from the model. The second one i did , a piece of the tunnel came with it. It was no problem as it was a total repaint i was doing on both anyway. Personally , if you are not willing to repaint any of it , dont touch it!

My Falcon does not have any light leaks. However the problem is easily corrected if you can open the area. A quick coat of paint on the inside of the cockpit tube shold fix it... of course th trick is opening the cocpit area. I have seen a thread a LONG while ago where someone opened it up to do some superdetailing inside the cockpit. So I know it can be done.

Good Luck
Jedi Dade

My Falcon does not have any light leaks. However the problem is easily corrected if you can open the area. A quick coat of paint on the inside of the cockpit tube shold fix it... of course th trick is opening the cocpit area. I have seen a thread a LONG while ago where someone opened it up to do some superdetailing inside the cockpit. So I know it can be done.

Good Luck
Jedi Dade

May have been me. Heres the second one i did
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=50037

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back