New MC project - Garindan

MonCal

We really rushed this one and barely got it done at oh... 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning of the con :) ... so it still needs some tweaking like a balaclava so my whitey boy neck doesn't show.. and a Han style holster instead of the fleet trooper.

My_Garindan01sm.jpg

My_Garindan02sm.jpg

My_Garindan03sm.jpg

I did sculpt the Falic looking snout ;) Don't ask me about the details of the stitching on the latex portion and then the leather. I replicated the original as best as I could with the reference and no... it doesn't make sense to me but that's the way it is :)

My_Garindan04sm.jpg

I'm convinced there were two versions of this in ANH. The one where he is walking the hood and cape are one piece draped over his head and in the scene where he talks to the sandtroopers it clasps around his neck and appears to be a two piece hood and cape, which we liked better.

My_Garindan09sm.jpg

I've been helping my good friend Aaron build a Dengar. Of course we had to build it pretty much from scratch and try to achieve as much accuracy as possible. We ran out of time for the convention so he went with the ROTJ version using the TK chest plate on his back. We will have the backpack done soon :)

Thanks Bill for taking the photos, hosting them, and playing around with the black and white:

My_Garindan10sm.jpg

Last edited:
Just stunning work!!!! The Hoth set, Garindan and the Dengar. I've seen each thread and am in absolute awe! The Hoth set would make a fantastic display room. I guess the flocking would be hardest to do in a house though....a bit messy to say the least:cool

Thanks... yeah this past month was insane!! I tried not to take away from working on people's orders as much as possible so it was a lot of late nights and weekends. The last week before the con was all hoth set though so I neglected some of my duties that week :unsure now back to the grind though :)

Yeah... the flocking was very messy. The bottoms of our shoes had 1/2" of build up that didn't want to come off. It's cool stuff though, just a pain to apply. If I had a better quality flocking gun it might have been better.

As for the garindan.. it was fun! I've wanted to sculpt that snout piece for a very long time.

I need to do some tweaking and make it a little better though.

Looks great!
What did you use to make the shirt? Do you have a better photo?
What pants did you use? What's the material you used for the cloak?

thanks,
Oscar

Thanks.

I definitely need to get some better pics made. We even made a Garindan family that we wore at Celebration V :)

The shirt and pants are dickies work clothes if memory serves :) . I think Kathy used a wool fabric and lined it for the cloak, which may be the same as a vader cape or very close.

Here are a couple so/so pics :)

P1070303asm.jpg

P1070304sm.JPG

our_garindan07sm.jpg

Here are more pics of how we made it... at 4 a.m. in the hotel room at the convention ;)

our_garindan13sm.jpg

our_garindan14sm.jpg

our_garindan15sm.jpg

our_garindan16sm.jpg

our_garindan17sm.jpg

our_garindan18sm.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back