Building the Hoth Wampa door set ... in a nutshell

Crazy as it sounds I haven't created a banner yet. I have been meaning to for oh... 5 years now ;) Sure.. I could check it out. It sounds like a good idea.

thanks

Echoing what everyone else is saying, that is absolutely amazing. Really captures that scene perfectly. Just took a look at your website, incredible talent! Bookmarked and I'll certainly pass along your name:thumbsup. Hope this makes it to C5, I'd love to see it up close and personal!

Thanks again for the compliments!

If you want it for an event let me know ;) I am sure the travel and shipping expense wouldn't be cheap though.

Thanks!! :)

We had a brand new convention debut in our town a couple weeks ago and we got some more pics of the set and our droids:

P1070274small.jpg

P1070210small.jpg

Gil Gerard (Buck Rogers) and Erin Gray(Wilma Deering from Buck Rogers) were kind enough to take a photo with the 501st on the set:

P1070281sm.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to see your set in Germany on an event of the German Garrison (501st) but I think this dream will not come true...

But, by the way, thank you for the new pics!!!

Thanks again for the compliments!

If you want it for an event let me know ;) I am sure the travel and shipping expense wouldn't be cheap though.

You know what, that's a TERRIFIC offer! (y)thumbsup

If you don't mind I'll raise the issue with our garrison and have someone contact you about it.

Ahh... sorry. You'll have to buy the whole set just to learn how the door was made ;)

It's just layered plywood. The door jamb is a thin layer of scrap plastic I had... probably about .030 thick or so.

I neither have the space nor the money to buy it but it would be interesting to know what I need to pay for this kind of art...

I just had an idea for a suggestion. You could have a mp3 player on the other side of the door that plays a scratching sound once every ten minutes or so. :love

Cal, save it for net year's Starfest! It's a great set.

Yeah.. I am sure we'll have it at Starfest :) I would like to sell it though and build a new, more transport friendly backdrop for the convention.

BTW... I love your movie quote. That's one of my fav's!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back