Building the Hoth Wampa door set ... in a nutshell

Already did that! :) I made a custom sound box for the set. You just cant hear it in the pics... :lol

Hi there,

I've got chills all over my spine ... and goosepumps . . . that's how COOL it looks :confused

Might I suggest some sound-effects of howling and growling Wampas behind that doorway :confused

-Chaim

fantastic set guys! Ton of work but the final result is just superb. Some of your pics look like they were taken on the set of ESB! (well, not the ones with the Marshmallow Man, LOL)

Awesome work :)

best,
Tom

This is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while! So very very AWESOME.

What was going on in the construction pictures with the torch above the door? What was needed to heat up that much?

That's fantastic! What is the blue sealing material you used on the foam if you don't mind me asking? How thoroughly does it close the pours of the foam?

This was an insane project built for the use of charity work. So a wrong does make a right? :thumbsup

I didn't lend a hand with the construction of this set. But I did pop in from time to time on my way to the bar to be sure that Cal was doin' this up right:lol

I was very impressed to see this in person. Absolutely perfect detail even with close inspection. The aspect that thrills me is how the lighting makes a properly-framed photo look exactly like it was shot in an ice cave! Great job!

Nothing to add that hasn't been said already - so I'll simply echo it: Absolutely awesome work. Beautiful stuff. Now, what the heck are you gonna do with it, when you're done showing it around? Striking that set would be like stabbing yourself in the heart...

I saw it on the Rebel Legion's message board before, and I say it again: I love it! I think that you did a really great job.

Btw.. I am in Finse, Norway right now as I am posting this. :D

That is just the craziest coolest thing ever! What an achievement! Wish I had the talent to do something like this for Superman's fortress - really really cool - and it's even cooler you picked a deleted scene to recreate.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back