Building the Hoth Wampa door set ... in a nutshell

Great work indeed! Not sure of your motives, but I love that you invested so much into an obscure, cut scene that not everyone is aware of.

Bravo!

This is just AWESOME!!!

Hoth_Set22.jpg

Wow! As everyone else said, awesome.

And may I add my bit by adding...
1 - Awesome possum
2 - I love the making-of pics.
3 - And, I am always very happy to see jawas get work, even if it is a bit out-of-the-way.

Matt looks a bit trigger happy in the snowy pic! Firing off his blaster mid air. :lol

I was feeling trigger happy!! Between Moncal's unbelievable Hoth Set and Snowtrooper armor and Hyperdyne's uber cool and noisy MG-34 I felt like I just walked into Empire! I felt like a bad arse ready to take down Wampas and rebels... Truly awesome! :love

Thanks everyone for the compliments!! I don't get to create many new things these days but every year for our local con I somehow manage to drive myself over the limit and get something huge done ;)

Is this going to be at C5 too?

We are working on it :) My original plans of hauling it in my trailer fell through cause well... it outgrew my trailer. We had to make two trips to get it to our local con last week so a few folks are doing what they can to help us get it to CV.

Great job to all involved. :thumbsup
Where/what was this built for?
I'd love to get some pics of my ESB Vader standing in that mini set to emulate this shot.

We built it for the mountain garrison of the 501st. I had built a Death star wall panel set that we have used for about 5 years as a photo backdrop at our local con trying to raise money for local charities. I wanted to make something a bit more impressive and always wanted to try this so we went for it. It was very stressful, expensive, and tiring but it turned out nicely.

Of course I wouldn't mind some exposure and maybe get some work some day and oh... be able to pay some bills and do what I love ;) ... I'll try to update the website with all the projects from the past year: www.FarAwayCreations.com ... since I haven't updated the site in over a year.

Feel free to bring your Vader to the droid room.. I'm sure you can get some pics there. I wanted to replicate that shot with one of our local Vaders too.

What did you use to do the fake snow paint/flocking effect??

You answered it... flocking :) It's a messy process but really looks like what the original set had.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I've got chills all over my spine ... and goosepumps . . . that's how COOL it looks :confused

Might I suggest some sound-effects of howling and growling Wampas behind that doorway :confused

-Chaim

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back