Kick-Ass HIT GIRL Costume

I've not seen this movie yet.....but the costume certainly is 'interesting'.

I think I see a movie night this weekend....maybe a double feature of IM2 and KA

Looking forward to seeing the progress pics of this project and once I know what its all about; really appreciating it :)

Yes, she gets all kinds of crazy while wearing it. She had quite a bit of fun with Darth Vader from the 501st that day :lol

That's just great and the Vader shot is also my favorite :)

You did a very fine job on this costume professor - How did you make that belt??? Is it made with foamies???

Any clue as to what type of pistol belt she's got ?

Looks like a Bianchi Duty belt with the snap keepers. You can't see the buckle on it though. They may have twisted the belt around so the buckle is on the side or the back.

Has anyone found any good leads on fabric for Hit-Girl's suit? I found some vinyl that's okay for the color, but is too textured for my taste.

Professor--Your daughter is too cute! What Cosworx wig did you end up buying (and what was the original color you bought it in)? I have been looking at a couple of styles on that site, but I've had a hard time finding pics of actual customers wearing them for reference.

The wig was "Angie N" in Dark Purple, but as I say It was really a lavender color when I got it and I had to tint it much darker.

The Purple Vinyl was an auction item but I've seen similar dark purple vinyl in large fabric stores (Like Osgood's Textiles in Spingfield Mass)

You did a very fine job on this costume professor - How did you make that belt??? Is it made with foamies???

Thanks very much.

The base of the belt is a found item. At Hot Topic (kind of a goth mall store) they have many crazy belts. This one was on clearance and was a close color. She is wearing the belt back to front with the buckle hidden by the cape and the "HG" buckle is faked. I had a lot of trouble doing the details of that belt. It was 4am the day before free comic book day and nothing was working. If I redo the belt I'd find some Pink Vinyl or something similar and make it from scratch.

The wig was "Angie N" in Dark Purple, but as I say It was really a lavender color when I got it and I had to tint it much darker.

The Purple Vinyl was an auction item but I've seen similar dark purple vinyl in large fabric stores (Like Osgood's Textiles in Spingfield Mass)

I thought it was the Angie N. style, but I never would have guessed that was the dark purple. Thanks for the info! :)

Awesome job Professor, she's adorable!

I just got the making of book and there's a really large behind the scenes photo of Hit-Girl taken on the set of the warehouse scene. It looks to be taken with a still camera with flash instead of a screenshot. The kilt is grey in that photo.

Last edited:
Just ordered a vintage long wool skirt in the Drummond Grey tartan pattern. Hopefully, there's enough fabric to rework it into a kilt.

Just ordered a vintage long wool skirt in the Drummond Grey tartan pattern. Hopefully, there's enough fabric to rework it into a kilt.

Ya I think the Drummond Grey is the way to go. The post color work on Mindy is so weird on ths movie, but the more times I see these kinds of stills the more the skirt looks grey to me.

Here's a few pics of my daughters utility belt. Still need to do some touch-up to the buckle. im working on her gun belt & harness now , pics to follow.

4751795355_6a8533cbc3.jpg

4751795167_1434bac64d.jpg

OMG Most awesome pics, particularly the one w/Vader. FranknBeanZ can't wait to see the completed costume. This is just a perfect outfit for little girls!! If I had a girl, I would definitely dress her up as Hit Girl, but that is not the case, as I have three boys.

i'm making my own for a local superhero pub crawl - since i'm 24, i've decided to do my own version for an older teen to early adult version with fishnetting, purple tights, higher boots, a longer wig and possibly even a shirt w/ hit-girls's likeness on it. the only issues i'm having are the belt and the weapons, but those should be easy enough to acquire.

@BadShark :

I was having a hard time finding a belt for my daughter as well.

I went this route :

Belt : : Pink Patent cinch Leather Belt 2” wide XL 40-44 Found on Ebay : From this seller -> eBay My World - divacharms

Pouches : Pink flip cover leather iPod touch case
Ebay from this seller -> eBay My World - accstation

Paint : Krylon Satin “ Ballet Slipper “ # 53526 from hardware store.

Utility Tubes : I've got two extra "longer" finished ones I can ship you . No charge

Here's a few pics of the gun belt & harness. Still need to add the 'nade & sheath

I used two matching camera bag straps that I had for the shoulder straps . Nylon straps/buckles & d-rings from the hardware store. Brass knuckles are cut from an extra piece of the pink utility belt

4776603392_24a005b082.jpg

4776603308_588cc5d802.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back