Kick-Ass HIT GIRL Costume

Mutant-Enemy

Sr Member
Hey everyone,
My daughter Kya has decided to go as Hit Girl for Halloween and I'd like to put together a worthy costume for her.
Does anyone have any sources for say the belt and some of her weapons?
Any reference pics would be greatly appreciated as well.
Thanks!

the knife she uses at the end of the movie that's strapped to her shoulder is a S&W bootknife, SWHRT9B is the product....Sadly the Benchmade Model 42 Balisongs were taken out of production this past year.

Good info! Any pics?
I'm getting together with my leather working friend tomorrow to talk about putting together her belt.
Here's the best costume reference I've found so far:
Hit-Girl-UK-poster.jpg

The belt is very similar in style to the Adam West Utility belt and no doubt plays some homage to it. You could check to see how people made their replicas.

hit-girl.jpg

Here's a shot of the action figure.

Cigar tubes on the belt is an interesting thought...
I may just have my leather guy do the belt and pouches and take care of the tubes and buckle myself.
Great pic of the knife! I can probably mock something up from this.

I read that the purple jacket and pants were BMX or motocross leathers, but I haven't been able to track down the maker yet.

Are the kneepads integrated to the pants or added?

Interesting how her outfit ('leathers' and skirt) usually looks purple-ish but looks more black/grey skirt in the picture from the office shootout.

I wonder if the lighting would make that much of a difference.

Aren't the tubes on her belt flashlghts?

David

Last edited:
Are the kneepads integrated to the pants or added?

Interesting how her outfit ('leathers' and skirt) usually looks purple-ish but looks more black/grey skirt in the picture from the office shootout.

I wonder if the lighting would make that much of a difference.

Aren't the tubes on her belt flashlghts?

David

Look at the color of her wig as well - it looks like they used a filter for that scene...

I don't know about the knee-pads but it sure looks like their attached.
I'll probably use painted PVC tubes for the belt pieces and rivet them in place.
If their flashlights...why would she need more than one?

There is a shot of her in her schoolgirl look - just before the final big battle. Her skirt there is definately more grey than purple.

David

There is a shot of her in her schoolgirl look - just before the final big battle. Her skirt there is definately more grey than purple.

David

Really? In the promo shot, the skirt for that scene looks green with blue and yellow. I can see the Hit-girl skirt being grey-ish, though.

CTF... the suit was neither BMX or Motocross? do you have insight on the suit? was it a cusom made design?

If you're referring to the 1st photo I posted, I used a program to raise the light levels in that shot (to bring out some of the details that were in shadow), so the colors are "washed out," & not representative of how the costume actually appears on-screen.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back