Kick-Ass HIT GIRL Costume

The fabric reminds me of the BSG flightsuit fabric made my Sommers...except in purple.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a faux leather, especially with Cloe Moretz's comments about the crotch ripping all the time. I posted in another thread, I've seen similar jackets last fall in stores.

oh, since this movie was made 2 years ago...the discontinued status if it was a found piece, is increased.

Any ideas where to find the skirt or fabric for it? I've been searching but no luck. I want to go as Hit..well Woman at Dragon con.

Any ideas where to find the skirt or fabric for it? I've been searching but no luck. I want to go as Hit..well Woman at Dragon con.

In an interview with Chloe Moretz, she said the skirt was Matthew Vaughn's family tartan, if that's to be believed. Looking at the Drummond (his birth father's name) and Seton (mother's name is Ceaton). It looks like a "Drummond Grey" tartan.
http://www.scotweb.co.uk/tartan/Drummond-Grey-Clans-Originaux/55675

I don't have a scanner, but the picture on page 74 of the book is what I'm referring to.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a faux leather, especially with Cloe Moretz's comments about the crotch ripping all the time. I posted in another thread, I've seen similar jackets last fall in stores.
Anyone know if that's the reason they added the skirt, as the character didn't wear one in the comics.

The making-of book says they're "children's biking leathers". Haven't been able to find anything even similar yet.

Im'm looking to make this costume for my 4 year old. She's an roughly a 6T. Do they even make BMX stuff that small ?
Any idea where to get something similar to HG's yellow 'nade ? I was toying around with a plastic Easter egg that we had laying around

Im thinking since she's smaller I'd have to scale down the pouches,tubes and maybe the harness. I did find these pink iPod cases that I might use for her utility pouches

http://www.electronic-wholesale.com/luxury-pink-leather-case-for-ipod-video-5g_p678.html

082011.jpg

Last edited:
I recently did a Hit-Girl costume for free comic book day for my 5-year-old.

For the wig I got a wig at cosworx.com. It was the wrong color so I had to tint it with acrylic inks and alcohol.

The suit I made from thin purple pleather with black pleather patches for the integrated knee and elbow pads.

The skirt I got the closest plaid I could at the fabric store then dyed it purple.

The rest was pretty simple.

I think the gun is a HK USP Compact.

4569394841_57d2443f6a_o.png

4570033402_193a34e697_o.png

4569396899_1dde1d39b9_o.png

Color is totally weird with this costume. In all of the promo art the suit is very purple as is the skirt and wig. On screen the colors are much more subdued. The suit looks black in most scenes.

I haven't had any luck finding an existing tartan fabric that will work for HG, so I think I'm going to try to find a black and white one that I can dye down to the proper color. I did however find one that is very close to Mindy's schoolgirl skirt if anyone's interested. http://www.bblackandsons.com/whitegreenyellow-tartan-p-803.html?zenid=e478218153a73485f0fd06a70b8a3917

kick-ass.jpg

Has anyone found any good leads on fabric for Hit-Girl's suit? I found some vinyl that's okay for the color, but is too textured for my taste.

Professor--Your daughter is too cute! What Cosworx wig did you end up buying (and what was the original color you bought it in)? I have been looking at a couple of styles on that site, but I've had a hard time finding pics of actual customers wearing them for reference.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back