Anigrand Star Destroyer 1/2256 by dtssyst FINISHED!

dtssyst

Sr Member
Anigrand Star Destroyer 1/2256

It has arrived!

This is a commission build.

It will have fiber optic lighting (led's) and led's for the engines. Photo etch will be added for detail and depth.

Photo 1... Parts
Instructions from Anigrand Page 1
Instructions from Anigrand Page 2

Last edited:
Re: Anigrand Star Destroyer 1/2256 by dtssyst

The bottom four pieces have been cleaned up and glued together.

The resin is soft (not brittle) and is very easy to work with so cleanup, so far, has been easy. I am a bit surprised at how easy the part where to put together as well.

Last edited:

I just got mine in the mail today as well. Too bad I can't start building it yet. The temptation is killing me right now.

Congrats on getting the kit. When you do start it, please do a work in progress :D

I'm actually planning on posting a build log on youtube when i get started on it. Won't be for a while though since I have 6 other builds to finish including a 1/35 fully scratchbuilt Clone Wars battle diorama on a 6'x6' table. Needless to say i'll be busy for quite a while.

Can I still buy one of these things, I went to the site and nothing about this.
Sorry, This is no longer available. They got a cease and desist. The bay or trade via the forums may be your only option.

Last edited:

Sorry, This is no longer available. They got a cease and desist. The bay or trade via the forums may be your only option.

Very small update...
The fiber optic and led's arrived today.
Any other kits out there?

Trekkie313, Yes there are other Anigrand kits but they are not available also due to the cease and desist.

I got a new micro hand drill as the one I had was crap.
Here is a picture of it. The top of the picture has a micro bit installed (.25 mm). The bottom of the picture shows how it is put together and what all it comes with.

Metal ribs for the bottom half were cut this morning.
I have the magnets to aid in holding the towers in place and yet be removable for building and shipping to the client.

Last edited:

Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm building this also and it's my first lighted model.By hand drill do you mean that your going to spin that thing manually by hand for 1000 odd holes.I've done about 500 .50 holes in mine already with my dremel and a drill bit and just could not imagine the time it would take to drill like that.:wacko

Regards,
Ben

Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm building this also and it's my first lighted model.By hand drill do you mean that your going to spin that thing manually by hand for 1000 odd holes.I've done about 500 .50 holes in mine already with my dremel and a drill bit and just could not imagine the time it would take to drill like that.:wacko

Regards,
Ben

Simply put... yup

I think I am a bit batty for trying to do so :confused
If I can use my battery operated dremel I will, as the electric one is just to much for these bits.
The objective is to have the windows in straight lines and not just here and there. By hand is much more accurate for some if not all windows. Only the progress of the build will tell me what method is best.

You could always use the Tamiya Hand Drill which is great when doing kits like this one because it doesn't move as fast as a dremel which means more accuracy. Not to mention that the drill itself comes as a model kit. Modelmantom over on youtube did a review and build up of the drill so you might want to check that out. I got my drill for about $15 at my local hobby shop.

Cheers,
Chris

I have the Anigrand SD as well. I just used a dremel with a 1/32 or 1/64 drill bit.. can't remember.. but I had no issues whatsoever.. Well, I did have one break on me only because I think I torked it a little bit.. Unfortunately, I more or less drilled holes randomly, atleast in the sides. Let me rephrase that.. while the holes are randomly drilled, there was some order to them.. ie 3 in a straightline or whatever.. I hope I didn't screw this up..

Anyway, you might also be interested in cool lighting effect I have with the engines on mine ..PM me if you are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQHnPBmcM2U

Trekkie313, Yes there are other Anigrand kits but they are not available also due to the cease and desist.

I got a new micro hand drill as the one I had was crap.
Ebay item #230408737566. It is still available!
Here is a picture of it. The top of the picture has a micro bit installed (.25 mm). The bottom of the picture shows how it is put together and what all it comes with.

Metal ribs for the bottom half were cut this morning. I cut them before I went to work. Hopefully they will be installed tomorrow

I have the magnets to aid in holding the towers in place and yet be removable for building and shipping to the client.

I did not get to much done on this kit as of yet due to waiting for the hand drill to arrive (arrived yesterday). Also, we cleaned up my office/hobby room to fit a futon for family and friends to have a place to sleep.

Lawn mowed, house is cleaned, and so on. Wednesday IS model day

Actually I meant as in Star Destroyer kits.

Simply put... yup

I think I am a bit batty for trying to do so :confused
If I can use my battery operated dremel I will, as the electric one is just to much for these bits.
The objective is to have the windows in straight lines and not just here and there. By hand is much more accurate for some if not all windows. Only the progress of the build will tell me what method is best.

Cool.I think thats dedication and great patience that your doing it by hand.I wish I had that sort of patience.
I bought a pack of 10 .50 bits and have so far broken 3 and I'm about 3/4 done now.I was just thinking now that a .25 bit would probably break very easy with a dremel.
I,m actually using the flexible shaft and engraver extension piece with a chuck on the end of it so I can be really accurate as just the dremel is way too bulky to handle.

I look forward to seeing your results.

Ben

I have completed drilling 128+ holes for the bride section. Used a flashlight to get an idea on what the windows will look like. Fiber optic not installed yet.

The start of the internal support.

Last edited:

I have completed drilling 128 holes for the bride section. Used a flashlight to get an idea on what the windows will look like. Fiber optic not installed yet.

The start of the internal support.

Good luck with the fiber.. Its pretty painful to run. I messed up and just pulled some of it out to redo again. Be really careful the way you handle the ship once the fiber is in....I grabbed mine the wrong way, not paying attention.. and accidently cracked several strands UGH!

Starting to feed some fiber into the bridge part. The fibers are not glued in place yet.
Could not resist a light test on two of the windows.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back