Request for Help IDing DL-44 Style Luke/Han Star Wars Blaster

jdebord

Sr Member
Hello Everyone,

I've been contacted by the staff of a well-known actor who has long had a Star Wars blaster in his possession. He does not recollect its origin or history (and he did not work on those films). They just wanted to make sure it is not an authentic piece before deciding what to do with it, so I agreed to help.

He said that the grips appear to be painted and glued on, the flash suppressor also appears to be painted and glued on, and there is a threaded hole at top where the scope would have fit in place.

I have compared with my photos of the one that Brandon Alinger owns, that I had an opportunity to examine a few times now, and noticed some distinct differences, so thought I would share the photos here to see if anyone can offer any opinion, or perhaps definitively ID it as a specific replica that has been sold into the marketplace, based on some unique detail(s) or identifying marks.

Feel free to reply here or e-mail me at jason@originalpropblog.com.

Here is a comparison between Brandon's blaster (TOP) and the one that is the subject of this article (BOTTOM), as an example of differences:

star-wars-blaster-id-comp.jpg

Below are the photos:

star-wars-blaster-id-01.jpg

star-wars-blaster-id-03.jpg

star-wars-blaster-id-05.jpg

star-wars-blaster-id-07.jpg

star-wars-blaster-id-09.jpg

star-wars-blaster-id-11.jpg

Thank you,

Jason DeBord

Looks like a modded airsoft or a cast of a modded airsoft.

Regardless, pretty certain it's fan made.

Not authentic IMO , wrong type of mauser for a start ,they used a real one in ANH and MGCs in ESB and ROTJ or castings of those. This is the later version cant remember the designation but very different to the C96.

Flash hider looks like a resin cast of one of the metal flash hiders Bruce Wegman (I think) did in the late 90s. Not accurate, and not authentic, unfortunately.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back