Hans Landa!

Lonny

Hi guys!

I'm new here, and I'm glad I joined! Browsing the forums I've seen a ton of very talented people make some very nice costumes. :)

Let me start by saying I absolutely love movies and I also love halloween!

So, I find myself dressing up like movie characters for halloween quite a bit.

Any who, that being said, I've decided to make my very first costume which I've actually had to sink quite a bit of time, money and labour into and its not even done yet haha.

I've chosen Col. Hans Landa from Inglorious Basterds!

And although he has limited costume changes they are different from eachother, for my costume I've decided to make the most difficult costume out of the 3 depicted in the film!
His movie premiere uniform, complete with medals and ribbons of all sorts.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I can, but to give you guys an idea of what I've made up so far.

I began with an east German officers open collar dress tunic, which is perfect for this uniform, it seems to be the jacket used in the film, down to the piping along the collar and the pockets as well!
So I got that a while ago; then came the insignia!

I purchased a set of SS colonel collar tabs, some shoulder boards and a whole whack of medals from militarytour.com which are all pretty great and look excellent when placed on the uniform!
As of yet I still have to sew on the ribbon on the button hole and I also need to figure out a way to suspend the medals I already have from the jacket, seeing as none of them have any pins attached I'm gonna have to think about how best to go about this...
I also need to sew a chevron, an eagle and an SD badge onto the sleeves.
As for pants I have a couple pairs of east german officers straight leg trousers coming in soon which I am very excited for!

I also managed to pick up a very nice SS officers cap in mouse grey in my size even! :lol Considering I have a massive head I am surprised I found the cap in a size 61cm.

And just for kicks I also got a pipe which looks almost identical to the pipe he smokes in the film, it is a wonderful mohogany calabash pipe from Turkey.

And of course I will be picking up a white dress shirt, black tie and some nice dress shoes as well!

The only thing I have not been able to find on the internet has been an SS officers white dress belt, which I suppose is a piece of fictional clothing they invented for the film as I can't remember seeing them in any photos from the period...but then again I'm no historian! haha.

Pictures Soon!

Lonny.

hi Lonny,,the belt Hans Landa uses in the film is silver brocade dress belt worn by Waffen~SS and Allgemeine~SS officers,,,with a silver colored round buckle with the ss motto "Meine Ehre Heist Treue"...here is an example,,,the belt buckle in the first pic is a later type made of zinc,so it looks grey,,the second pic the lighting gives it a gilt color,but belt is silver with black stripe accents and the buckle is aluminum,whitish metal or silver in color,,,hope this helps,,,

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back