Dummy C-4 bomb - General prop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the real issue will be if you tote it around and do not clearly mark it as a movie prop or some such. Kinda like printing money, if you clearly mark it in a way that can not be removed and is easy for anyone in the real world to see, nothing else matters, and with watermarking in photo software you can make it near impossible for a camera to see, at least from a scene point of view. obviously a shot directed at it will reveal it for what it is but who would do such a thing to their own movie right?

Best form of "C4/plastic explosives" shown in any movie and requires no fancy doodads except for wires...

Caddyshack-3.jpg

Hi folks,

I just went through your thread again, and I have to express my concern.

While it of course is a valid question to make something generic that could be used in a movie it is not cool to try and replicate the REAL deal of C-4.

It is very common in the movie business to make something up, especially weapons of mass destruction.

There are professional prop makers on high profile productions that got into trouble because their designs looked too real.
Of course we do not want to get hobbyists into trouble because their research was too thorough.
The trouble starts if you use the name of a manufacturer on a replica.

If you want to make a replica, then use the reference on props that is available in movies or tv show and come up with a creative design.

In this case here requesting and posting information on how the real deal looks is not wanted and fully unnecessary.

Regards,
Michael
RPF staff

It's kind of funny that people are freaking out and assuming this guy is going to go carrying around a bunch of fake C4 in public, or take it to airports????? who would EVER do that.

Well im not going to show it in public.... Im making a harness to carry a bunch of them under my clothes:lol:confused

I mean even a message from the RPF staff, that's rare right? What did a whole bunch of people flag this thread? :lol I don't see how this is any different from the dozens of realistic weapons being made, when that guy posted the Pulse Rifle he built which fired live ammunition nobody asked him if he was going to be safe when carrying it around in Airports. :lol

I mean even a message from the RPF staff, that's rare right? What did a whole bunch of people flag this thread? :lol I don't see how this is any different from the dozens of realistic weapons being made, when that guy posted the Pulse Rifle he built which fired live ammunition nobody asked him if he was going to be safe when carrying it around in Airports. :lol

Yeah, and even if someone make a unrealistic prop bomb, the average person still will belive that it is a real bomb.
The have learned how a bomb (should) looks and sounds like just thanks to the movies. To them a bomb has a big shiny countdown timer with red white and blue wires sticking out and it need a sound card also because it BEEPS.
People also fly 10 feet when hit with bullets...

Hi folks,

I just went through your thread again, and I have to express my concern.

While it of course is a valid question to make something generic that could be used in a movie it is not cool to try and replicate the REAL deal of C-4.

It is very common in the movie business to make something up, especially weapons of mass destruction.

There are professional prop makers on high profile productions that got into trouble because their designs looked too real.
Of course we do not want to get hobbyists into trouble because their research was too thorough.
The trouble starts if you use the name of a manufacturer on a replica.

If you want to make a replica, then use the reference on props that is available in movies or tv show and come up with a creative design.

In this case here requesting and posting information on how the real deal looks is not wanted and fully unnecessary.

Regards,
Michael
RPF staff

Hi Michael,

I am not sure whether it would be appropriate for me to take this issue to PMs with you or to post in this thread. Please advise as I would not want to make this into more of an issue than it already seems to be

Crysis demolition charge :

800px-C4.jpg

trying to find better screen captures now. so far we know it is three M112 type charges. anyone play this game?

It's kind of funny that people are freaking out and assuming this guy is going to go carrying around a bunch of fake C4 in public, or take it to airports????? who would EVER do that.

You'd be surprised!

I'm wondering why a terrorist hasn't decided to blow up a sci-fi con, since he would walk right in with an RPG slung over his shoulder an no one would give it a second look (other than, "oh cool!").

Scott

Hey!!! officer!!!! I found this suitcase with blinking lights on the street? where do i hand it over to Lost and Found?

interestingly, while an M3A1 demolitions unit exists, its a shaped charge, not a brick. i do like the look of those though, and i happen to have that type of briefcase.

made some intertwined wires today, still trying to figure out what will be a good solution for dummy blasting caps.

interestingly, while an M3A1 demolitions unit exists, its a shaped charge, not a brick. i do like the look of those though, and i happen to have that type of briefcase.

made some intertwined wires today, still trying to figure out what will be a good solution for dummy blasting caps.

Thinwall aluminum tubing, cut to length, plugged at one end (painted to match) and crimped at the business end - with wires sticking out. If your Leatherman or Gerber multi-tool don't have a crimper, you can use the crimping tool for electrical connectors to make a nice four-way crimp!

There are pubs out in the ether that'll show you how long a BC is.

(field-improvised caps were/can be made using rifle brass, even a .22LR case...)

wolff
3 years in the Army Infantry 2 of `em spent humping the jungles in Panama.

I'm sorry but this thread sticks out like a sore thumb. Anyone who thinks about making one of these better be very carefull. Just remember, ANY electronic component can be considered bomb making equipment and if it CAN be considered then the atf WILL consider it. If you make this and show it off here and it looks too real, you will get a visit and you better have your house in order. Doesn't matter if it's real, doesn't matter if you were just trying to make it look real. If you use real components then you can be charged with attempting to construct a bomb. You don't need to have the explosives to get charged just intent and they can make any intent up that they want. If you own any guns it will just make it worse. I can see it know, " In local news the ATF raided the home of a man. Authorities say he was part of a gang called the RPF. Thought to be a succesor to the RPG gang. Multiple machineguns were found on the premisses (Ruger 10-22, Mossberg 500, Airsoft MP5) He has been charged with possesion of machineguns and bomb making equipment and bomb making. Authorities say they have been monitoring many weapons construction threads on the website this group converges at, THE RPF. We spoke to an atf agent earlier and this is what he had to say. " Ya it's crazy, we have been monitoring this site for quite some time, the advanced weapons research would shame Darpa. Pulse rifles, plasma rifles , laser swords, their making some serious equipment on that site. It's like their getting ready for something big. They even have something called a 'Supernatural colt'. We know the nazi's were into occult research but this is on a much higer level." The suspect will be transported to Gitmo for questioning. In other news Matt Munson saves another bus full of handycap children and discovers the cure for the commond cold............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back