Fetts $25 Iron Man - Mark V Suit Tutorial

That's wicked! It reminds me of when I was a kid, and would try to make a proton pack using cardboard boxes and tape that I stole from my mom's craft desk :D

Oh! That is such a cool technique! How well does the super glue hold and what type do you use? I'm mostly worried about the glue crystalizing or falling off.

Can't wait to see if you put up some helmet patterns! I was looking into getting a helm, but the high price or excessive sculpting work has been putting me off.

I'm just using generic superglue for now. I'm considering also using some Shoe Glue for a tight but flexible bond.

I should point out that I'm not a huge fan of this look and this isn't going to be my Iron Man costume. I'm giving it to a coworker's kid when I'm done. I'm really doing this to get the information out there.

I'm just using generic superglue for now. I'm considering also using some Shoe Glue for a tight but flexible bond.

I should point out that I'm not a huge fan of this look and this isn't going to be my Iron Man costume. I'm giving it to a coworker's kid when I'm done. I'm really doing this to get the information out there.

lol nice thread, good budget for budget minded in hand. hope it work out for you :D

Fetts.Sobriquet, you sir are the living embodiment of the true RPF spirit! Kudos to you! :thumbsup

Well damn, if only I had something like this, maybe my Rescue armor last year wouldn't have been such a disaster! This is really creative thinking.

LOL Well Done sir! Well done. I look forward to seeing a ton of these at cons!

Next paycheck I will be picking up some buckets myself and starting a suit!

That is also a great idea for Rescue armor.

Thanks guys! I just added the Abdominal template to the main templates file but I haven't posted the tutorial for that part yet. I'll post the Ab assembly tutorial tomorrow but I thought you might want to have access to the template until then.

Lastly, some people had an issue with the .RAR extension. The file is now back to being a .ZIP file.

Any questions, let me know.

A true Master at work sir I dig the mutalated Trashcan I bet that can be used for another project, I look forward to class tomorrow learning so much today thanks for the lesson, great work.

A true Master at work sir I dig the mutalated Trashcan I bet that can be used for another project, I look forward to class tomorrow learning so much today thanks for the lesson, great work.

Dark! You sir are the Master! Thanks for the compliment . :cheers

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back