BTTF2 hoverboard plans and graphics

mrshow555

Does anyone have the vector graphics I'd seen mentioned on this forum for the Mattel hoverboard for BTTF2? They all seem to be old broken links. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also if you have any really good tutorials that are online, I'd appreciate the links! PM me or post below.

Thanks!

"Those boards don't work on water.... unless you've got POWER!"

anyone got measurements and specs of the board size, magnet diameter etc... the thread on JackDoud's page to the RPF forum was removed. Any technical specs would be greatly appreciated!!

yes, if someone could post or PM me the size for these hoverboards... and if anyone has the specs of the future pepsi bottles, i wouls love to make one of those as well. Thanks

"I really need to get off the pot on this one"

LOL!! I was thinking the same thing. It has been on my to do list for years.

Unheard...I did my magnets out of plastic. When I get home I'll post pics of them. I am still working on the clamps.

I'd like youse guys input on this idea.

So for the stripes, I have this crazy notion that IF this were a REAL thing, it would be built like a skateboard. The basics of skateboards hasn't changed since I was riding in the mid eighties. A deck, decals and grip tape.

My thought is to do the stripes out of grip tape. I know that isn't what was used in the movie, but it just seems to make sense.

Any thoughts?

Gregg

Do you guys think that using an actual skate-board as a starting point would be a good idea, or is there a better way to go?

Do you guys think that using an actual skate-board as a starting point would be a good idea, or is there a better way to go?

A skateboard wouldn't work, its the wrong size. That being said....I'm going to make a skateboard version for me too :)!

Gregg

Here is what I have. Most of the pieces are from an old GA kit. I really want to build one from scratch.

The magnet and clasp are CNC'd out of plastic, and the top of the magnet has a brush aluminum top, which to me looks much cooler than painted silver.

I can probably have those parts made if anyone wants some.

I was going to do the clamp as vac form pieces, which I still want to do, but I need better measurements for the clamps.

Anyhow.....pics

P1050858.jpg

P1050860.jpg

P1050861.jpg

Gregg

There will be a kit for sale, and make sure to get on the list for the holographic tape for the hoverboard in the junkyard right now. I need at least 20 people for that.
-Todd

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back