Big Daddy costume from Kick Ass

Here's my Big Daddy costume from Halloween 2010, with my daughter's semi-custom Hit Girl:

attachment.php

Thanks for the kudos, gang. Time is starting to free up so I'll be working a little at a time getting all the pieces up to par.

Jeffjab -You guys did a fantastic job! You look great! Way to go, mate!!!

This is a really interesting thread, I've got a Big Daddy costume myself, which was good enough for halloween parties but no where near screen quality (might sell it at some point as it was a bit of an impulse buy that's taking up a lot of space). It's great to be able to see what the actual screen acurate pieces of the costume are really made up from though.

You two look great!! Would you mind sharing what you used for the belt?

The cowl, belt, cape and vest were made by someone else. I made the other armor pieces (thigh, shoulder, shins) out of pepakura and added the black tactical uniform under the armor. I made my daughter's pink belt and black tactical belt (with ideas from the hit girl costume thread).

The Big Daddy belt material is pleather or vinyl fabric (search "vinyl leather fabric yellow" on Ebay). The fabric is cut belt length and twice as wide/tall as you want it and fold back the top 1/4 and bottom 1/4 and glue with fabric or gel super glue. The belt velcros together in the back (sticky back velcro from craft store or Walmart, super glued for extra hold)

The utility cartridges are made of wood, but a lot of people make them out of 1/2" PVC pipe and pipe caps you can get from hardware store (I used PVC pipe for my daughter's Hit Girl belt).

The buckle is also made out of wood, with carved letters glued to the buckle.

You can get a black pistol holster (and pistol) from any airsoft or paintball supplier like Hobbytron or Ebay.

Last edited:
I posted this over in the Hit Girl thread, but here's my slap jobbed Big Daddy. :lol I had two hours to work with everything so this is the result of two hours of sloppy work. It will get me by for Halloween with my daughter.

After Halloween I will again start from scratch and rebuild the entire costume.

kick-ass-hit-girl-costume-67276_487001590398_586815398_7312603_7475762_n.jpg-37009d1288033947
[/QUOTE Hi, Can you tell me where you got the mask and the body armor vest? My husband is looking for it and we cant find it anywhere, or maybe its a mold that he can buy to make himself? Please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

I posted this over in the Hit Girl thread, but here's my slap jobbed Big Daddy. :lol I had two hours to work with everything so this is the result of two hours of sloppy work. It will get me by for Halloween with my daughter.

After Halloween I will again start from scratch and rebuild the entire costume.

kick-ass-hit-girl-costume-67276_487001590398_586815398_7312603_7475762_n.jpg-37009d1288033947

were did you get the cowl

Jeffjab, good to see what you did to improve on my original costume. For those asking about the helmet, Xtreme Design FX made that one for me in time for last year's Comic-Con.

Parks

Hey Parks, thanks for the comment. I added a few armor pieces on thigh, boots, shoulder, but you did all the work. Speaking of Comic Con, I found this pic of you in your Big Daddy costume:

tumblr_l6vmxpJojn1qa7t63o1_500.jpg

Wardrobe malfunction...those cylinders kept popping off my belt. Lesson learned, should have put screws into the back of them. Epoxy just wasn't good enough.

Parks

Working on a Big Daddy costume myself currently. Looking into making the belt now. What width (2", 3" etc) have you been using?

Yeah - Unfortunatley the timing with the belt guy did not work out - so I had to make my own belt. I cobled stuff together off of ebay (Yellow 2" womens xl Belt, Custom Vinyl decal letters, 2" tandy leather belt buckle) and some Cpvc pipe and caps. Like some of the other guys have said, I think you really do need to screw the utility belt capsules in place. Mine have belt clips on them so I could position them after the belt was on, but they just end up wandering all over the place.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back