Big Daddy costume from Kick Ass

Stevef209

I haven't read much discussion on this so I thought I would add this one.

I am looking to put together this costume, and could use some help. I don't have any experience in creating something like this but would love to learn.

bigdaddy_uppertorso_poster.jpg

What I am looking for links, sites, etc. that can help me put it all together. The biggest obstacle I can see right now is the helmet, which would be obviously custom made...or am I wrong?

I have read that the majority of the suit is from French riot control gear, but cannot find links to something like this?

I did find some useful information here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?p=1078463 but haven't had much luck following up with the information.

I really appreciate any help. Thanks!

I haven't read much discussion on this so I thought I would add this one.

I am looking to put together this costume, and could use some help. I don't have any experience in creating something like this but would love to learn.

What I am looking for links, sites, etc. that can help me put it all together. The biggest obstacle I can see right now is the helmet, which would be obviously custom made...or am I wrong?

I have read that the majority of the suit is from French riot control gear, but cannot find links to something like this?

I did find some useful information here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?p=1078463 but haven't had much luck following up with the information.

I really appreciate any help. Thanks!

You have not read much discussion on this yet you link to a 2 page thread discussion this very topic??

If I am wrong forgive me but shouldn't this belong in the original thread? There is a ton of usefull info there.

You have not read much discussion on this yet you link to a 2 page thread discussion this very topic??

If I am wrong forgive me but shouldn't this belong in the original thread? There is a ton of usefull info there.

Actually, the only real information was the source of the riot gear.

Most of the two pages is on the Kick Ass costume, and movie talk.

Still....why start another thread?

Because he's concentrating on this SPECIFIC costume.
A good place to start is by showing as many head to toe pics from as many angles as possible. If it's mostly found parts, we'll find them.

Because he's concentrating on this SPECIFIC costume.
A good place to start is by showing as many head to toe pics from as many angles as possible. If it's mostly found parts, we'll find them.

Thanks!

I was up LATE last night googling my face off! I will be doing the same tonight after work.

For the cowl and maybe the chest/shoulders I suggest getting in touch w/ Lance from XtremedesignFX.com. I'm sure he'll be working on something like this if he hasn't already... the guy is all about new Superhero costumes.

PS, loved the movie! I just hated the part of Red Mist... I had higher hopes for McLovin. Big Daddy and Hit-Girl were just awesome!

Last edited:
For the cowl and maybe the chest/shoulders I suggest getting in touch w/ Lance from XtremedesignFX.com. I'm sure he'll be working on something like this if he hasn't already... the guy is all about new Superhero costumes.

PS, loved the movie! I just hated the part of Red Mist... I had higher hopes for McLovin. Big Daddy and Hit-Girl were just awesome!

One of my favorite movies now! BD and HG are amazing!

WOW! What a great site! And the prices are right. Thanks for this!

I appreciate you suggesting me for this SirChadwick. I do not have it in the works as of yet but the demand definitely seems to be out there for it. I have recieved a ton of emails in regards to creating the Big Daddy and the Red Mist masks. I ordered the "making of" book of the movie(should be here tomorrow) so I will have the proper reference photos to do the job right if I go forward with it. I will be responding to the emails this evening and once the details are hashed out I will give updates on this thread or start a seperate sculpt thread. Thanks.

I appreciate you suggesting me for this SirChadwick. I do not have it in the works as of yet but the demand definitely seems to be out there for it. I have recieved a ton of emails in regards to creating the Big Daddy and the Red Mist masks. I ordered the "making of" book of the movie(should be here tomorrow) so I will have the proper reference photos to do the job right if I go forward with it. I will be responding to the emails this evening and once the details are hashed out I will give updates on this thread or start a seperate sculpt thread. Thanks.

Awesome!

I'd be interested in a Big Daddy mask as well, if you're gauging prospects. Really would love to have one of these.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back