full size falcon?

Architect

I was looking at this thread:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=79652

and was reminded of a child hood dream of not only owning an arcade but it being in a building built to look almost exactly like the millennium falcon.

am I the only one to ever have this sort of crazy idea?

(imagine the interior of the ship having the video games built into the walls like computer consoles and other equipment of the ship so they all seem to be part of the ship so to speak) And of course focusing on space themed games like the x-wing vector game or the old startrek the motion picture vector game. Though I can see games like klax could be used to seem to be part of the engine systems so the players would look like they were working on the engine :D

oh and the cockpit and two gunner chairs would have to be space fighting games with big screens so it feels as close to like you are looking out a port window into space :D :D :D :O

I've considered building an outdoor "full scale" boarding ramp at some point in the future when I have the space and time to commit to building it. But I haven't really considered what the ramp would lead to-- a fort? IDK. Good luck!

Actully Pinhead, Chris has done more that just made T-Shirts. He is in the process of fabricating and pouring the footings, building the shop and collecting parts. He has also purchased the land, cleared the area for the falcon and shop to sit on plus graded it.
Chris has also been to my house to take measurements of certain items in my collection to be used for his Falcon.
Now he is fine tuning his R2 and working on the R2 builders CV room project. He is a very respected member on the RPF,R2 Builders, 501ST Midsouth Garrison and my friend. I have no doubt that he will complete the Full Scale Falcon and do an incredible job.

Before you fire a shot at someone, you should probly look around the boards and see some of the amazing things members have made and are capable of, plus have more than 4 post to your name.

Sorry. I had to reply to this. The guy has done nothing, but make a t-shirt. What a lame link.:lol

"The guy" (me) has done quite a bit of research, planning, dimensioning, materials sourcing, land clearing, and foundation excavation.

I see you have a total of 4 posts to the RPF. Characterizing someones project as "lame" is not a great way to endear yourself to the people here.

"The guy" (me) has done quite a bit of research, planning, dimensioning, materials sourcing, land clearing, and foundation excavation.

You sir, oh captain my captain, are doing the Lord's work.

Though I wish I had more photos of the stuff your were doing, because now I'm hooked.

I've considered building an outdoor "full scale" boarding ramp at some point in the future when I have the space and time to commit to building it. But I haven't really considered what the ramp would lead to-- a fort? IDK. Good luck!

oh no, this sounds awesome! my son's been wanting to build some kind of treehouse this summer... this might be just the sort of project we've been looking for!

oh no, this sounds awesome! my son's been wanting to build some kind of treehouse this summer... this might be just the sort of project we've been looking for!

If you take it on, be sure to document the process and post progress pics! We'd love to see yours too! Good luck!

Was there someone here who built a full size Hoth display? And a Death Star corridor (with the oval lights) for photos and such?

Moncal built the 1 to 1 scale hallway corner of echo base on Hoth. It is fantastic!:thumbsup

A 1 to 1 falcon would become a landmark for sure. If it is not built in a warehouse type building, it would have to be constructed of something very weather resistant. Even well painted treated plywood will suffer after a year. My 501st garrison built a 1 to 1 (Modified) sand skiff for Mardi Gras parades here in New Orleans. But it is a minor project compared to the falcon.

Even well painted treated plywood will suffer after a year.

Excellent point and since the original discussions we have moved on to considering a rigid composite exterior sheathing material for the skin (over the steel frame). It will be sealed with a heavy-duty elastomeric coating, same as what is used for roof coverings for industrial buildings. That combination of materials commonly has a 25-30 year lifespan before re-coating is needed.

I see you have a total of 4 posts to the RPF. Characterizing someones project as "lame" is not a great way to endear yourself to the people here.

Chris Lee FTW.

Excellent point and since the original discussions we have moved on to considering a rigid composite exterior sheathing material for the skin (over the steel frame). It will be sealed with a heavy-duty elastomeric coating, same as what is used for roof coverings for industrial buildings. That combination of materials commonly has a 25-30 year lifespan before re-coating is needed.
Excellent planning.:thumbsup

If I happen into a windfall of extra cash in the near future, count on me being a significant project contributor.:)

See, now all I can think of is getting an old hanger somewhere and converting it into a spaceship museum. We could have a full size Falcon, an X-Wing, Serenity, maybe some shuttlecraft... It'd be nerd Disneyland!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back