Hello... Happy to join all of you. I make horror related items and my main interest is painting Hockey masks from the F13 franchise. Here are some pics of my work. I started painting about 2 months ago and I'm still learning, but it's something I've always wanted to do. Thanks for having me... 3.jpg3-2.jpg4.jpg4-2.jpg7.jpg

Hello everyone!!, Im nit sure if this is the right place to introduce myself, Im JC (short for Juan Carlos) Im from Querétaro, Mexico and Im building a Darth Vader ROTJ -ESB suit. Hopefully i'll be able to troop with the 501st legion . Im 42 yo old , but hell, who's counting? I building this baby from scratch and no experience whatsoever, Learning as I go. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170524/96801ee56c2051433a2805e1e68734a6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170524/e2097e6009b0770c0518cae8a17070b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks incredible, obviously I came to the right place, keep it up!

As for the introductions; my name is Andrew and my friends call me "Old Man", even though I am not too old. I have had a long affair with modeling and prop making but only now getting back into it seriously. Although my skill level is somewhere between "I can tie my shoes" to "I stopped eating the glue", but hey, it is all for the fun and learning anyways.

The real reason for coming today was actually the release of Finn's new blaster. I need to build it, it is that simple. Lifelong Star Wars fan, loving the new Star Wars content along with my children. Lifelong firearms enthusiast as well, so they have always gone hand in hand.

I need to build that new blue beautiful blaster.

"Project: FN-BBB"

Hello everyone!

I've lurked through the RPF over the years but never expected to add my name to the member list. At the behest of Ttam Legacy and in lieu of my blossoming, official, Star Wars and Japanese inspired cosplay designs and commissions, I thought it best to join the forum. My biggest hope for joining this forum is that it becomes a valuable resource for learning new techniques and perfecting my custom work.

I've loved Star Wars and a plethora of other Sci Fi and Fantasy nerddoms all my life. I've always been creative and artsy thanks to my wonderful mother and father. Oddly enough I took after my grandparents who were both very successful engineers and my mind was perfectly suited for math and sciences so that was my focus throughout school. When it finally came to actually shadowing some engineers, the office and the subjects they were working with just didn't spark anything close to interest.

After that, I turned my attention to teaching myself watercolor painting and sewing more. After a couple years of just doing a few projects here and there I gradually ended up deciding to make myself a dark jedi cosplay and worked on it basically from scratch with my mother and sister in law who had also sewn most of their lives. I've never looked back. I'm now 5 years into making Star Wars and Japanese inspired cosplay. I just recently did my first commission for a very good friend of mine and we wore our custom, Japanese inspired Sith cosplay I'd designed and made together at Star Wars Celebration Orlando in April and I received a lot of attention for my work.

Sewing custom cosplay and tailoring patterns to match a commissioner's desires is my passion and it allows me to use my engineer's mind for the custom design work. I adore the whole process, getting to know the person and what they'd like in a costume, showing them different fabric types and working with my favorite, Kaufman Essex Linen Blend, designing a quick sketch of the overall look, designing custom patterns for their measurements, working with the fabric and serging/sewing a beautiful costume. One of the ways that I keep myself and my commissioner excited about the project is showing progress and sending updates as I go along the different stages! There are not many things better than completing a commission to specs and being so very pleased with every seam and detail and having the commissioner love it!

While I'm mostly into adapting and designing my own Star Wars and Japanese inspired cosplays for my commissioners, I think it's inevitable that I'll get requests for replica pieces from the various films and shows. I've got a modified Old Ben Tunic and Tabards commission that I'm in the design phase with my client. I'm sure this forum and my fellow members will be an invaluable resource for any details I may need for my various commissions in the future.

I look forward to interacting with you all and exploring the wealth of knowledge and experience this forum has to offer.

Below are photos of my custom cosplays that I've made with the sole exception of the Sith in the bottom right hand corner of the fourth photo. They're all custom cosplays that I've designed from scratch or adapted from patterns.

~ Aletani Acklay ~

17990383_10154848502149818_8990431079978888380_o.jpgEAAIMG_1799.jpgEAAIMG_1796.jpgPhoto Apr 09, 12 18 06.jpg18664728_1567653136592127_729381392211676939_n.jpg

Attachments

• Photo May 24, 14 36 15.jpg
    Photo May 24, 14 36 15.jpg
    883.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Photo May 24, 14 39 05.jpg
    Photo May 24, 14 39 05.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • Photo May 24, 14 36 15.jpg
    Photo May 24, 14 36 15.jpg
    877.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Photo May 24, 14 39 05.jpg
    Photo May 24, 14 39 05.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • Jedi Cosplay 2.JPG
    Jedi Cosplay 2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
Hi Everyone

My name is Jeff. I Love Anime replica weapons. I've heard a lot about this site From tested.com and Adam Savage! I'll probably be making some anime props for some upcoming cosplays of mine. It's just a little difficult to find time with a 5 month old lol. I look forward to seeing all your creations!

Hiya!

I signed up a few months ago, but have still been lurking and never actually introducing myself! It's time!
My interwebs name is Annabelle, and I'm mostly a sewist. I'm at the point where (excepting undergarments and leftover free t-shirts) 90% of my wardrobe is stuff I've made, which is the perfect time to fall back on costumes for sewing. But I've got a part time job at a makerspace, so I've been dabbling at prop making too!

My prop and costume friendly fandoms mainly revolve around Doctor Who and Firefly, with some of the DC tv shows, and perhaps the MarvelCU, but I'm really interested in anything that looks remotely cool!

I'm going to go back to lurking on some costumes threads now!

This is by far the best maker and prop forum in the world.

I'm a maker and a father of a young girl. And love the challenges of making real props for her from some of her favorite TV and movies. Cartoons give me the most fun and freedom to bring the abstract to life.

Thanks for the open and free forum!

Christopher

Howdy folks,
I'm a costographer (cosplayer and photographer, both are expensive hobbies) from Brisbane, Australia.
Long time lurker as these forums are one of the best resources for learning new techniques available.
Took the plunge after seeing some amazing posts going without any comment.

My first cosplay was Beast from X-Men the Last Stand for an X-Men group. Had such an amazing response I got hooked.
Since then I've done everything from Ralph Wiggum cosplaying Idaho to Uncle Iroh to Rocksteady from TMNT.

Current projects for the next couple of weeks:
The Holy Grail and Sankara Stones for an Indiana Jones photoshoot.
Gluttony - Fullmetal Alchemist.
The Master from Doctor Who and The Curse of Fatal Death. Dalek Bumps version.

Projects for the next few months:
Robert Baratheon - Game of Thrones (halfway done)
Beast from Beauty and the Beast (90s Disney version as well as a Regency period variation - I'm a sucker for Jane Austen).
The 1946 French version is tempting, but maybe next year.

Might's well make one of these.

I've always been a fan of movies and video games, and I've also been intrigued with propmaking for the longest time. After a couple days of boredom I decided that I should look into making props, and that's how I wound up here.

Like I said earlier, I'm relatively new to prop making and I'm looking for some first pointers (Pepakura or EVA Foam, ideas, etc.)

I guess I should introduce myself since I didn't the last time I came on here.
Im RetroMechanic, although I should clarify I am not a Mechanic.
Ret for short. Fan of Alien stuff.

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking through the RPF for years before deciding to sign up here for sure. My expectation for joining this forum for now is to make it a valuable resource for learning new techniques and perfecting my own skills. Interested in Japanese-inspired costumes and amor mainly. It's great if I can also communicate with many people as well.

Hi, I'm TalonGrayson. I gather there's another Talon here so I'll refrain from introducing myself as such!

I've always loved building costumes but never really got into it as a hobby. It's always been a case of, you know, someone having a party, I put huge effort into making the costume accurate and beautiful, then I forget about making costumes until the next party. Until recently, that is, when my wife and I renewed our wedding vows and basically held a big cosplay party. I spent months working on my costume and still feel like it wasn't good enough! So, here I am, reading up on people's techniques, preparing to document my own processes, trying to improve my crafting skills and looking forward to making this a primary hobby.

I've been sharing my costume around and about the place recently. Still waiting for enough time to write up about it properly but I did document the mask build on Thingiverse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2358769

Anyway, I'm hoping to stick around for a while... let's see how that goes.

Hello Everyone! I'm Harry and I am relatively new to all this. It fascinates me how much of our Fandoms we can build, and I can't wait to put some things together.

Hi all ! I'm Chris and I'm a university student in model making in england. I've been browsing the RPF for a few years. I've decided now is the best time for me to introduce myself as I will soon be starting to pursue a career in model making ! I generally do my work through various CAD programs, but I also enjoy working with more traditional methods as well. Recently I have been working with zbrush in order to create an array of Dark Souls Figures that I am going to 3D print (photos below) I would love to be able to talk to others about what they know and and tips to help me out along way !

I Am looking Forward to making many new Friends and contacts through the RPF ! 05-06-2017-08-19-40.png05-06-2017-08-20-30.png05-06-2017-08-20-55.png05-06-2017-08-20-09.png05-06-2017-08-19-40.png05-06-2017-08-20-30.png05-06-2017-08-20-55.png05-06-2017-08-20-09.png05-06-2017-08-19-40.png05-06-2017-08-20-30.png05-06-2017-08-20-55.png05-06-2017-08-20-09.png

Hello,

My friend told me about this site and about how geeks help each other create costumes. I though what a site full of wonderful rainbow sunshine people. (Because I love sharing fandoms). Then I anon stalked around the site going clicky clicky to see what type of source material everyone was bringing. HAZZZAAA I said, look at this and that! So I made a profile because there is only one way to do it and its by getting started.

my costumes have been an ewokish, spider gwen varient, blue lantern spider gwen, League of legends stuff, season 4 blake belladona,

I have done a few cosplays but nothing of real quality and as of now I have a few ideas in my head and I want to produce them but can not because I lack skill and other wonderful quality. I pray that the mighty cosplay gods bless me with wonderful friends to assist me in these visions of grandeur.

Hi!

I'm a rookie builder, and honestly I'm just here to get some tips on building and share my creations. I've only really cosplayed once or twice, I prefer to just build props as armour pieces are *terrifying* to me.

Hello. My name is Bjoern. Although I do know the RPF for some time now, I just posted my first topic... Right now I am very interested in the Universe of Dune (Herbert books and the Lynch movie) but I also love SW where I do have some costumes as well. This is just an awesome site, love it.

Some pictures of my costumes so far:
_1110181.JPG20170418_155714.jpgFB_IMG_1493641302495.jpgPonda Baba_Bjoern Friedetzky_Pose 4.jpg14606495_1535029209857576_1122530708764011862_n.jpg16864444_1695481257145703_3590989685077893323_n.jpgDengar ComicCon .jpg

Greetings RPF community!
My name is Caleb. I've never done any prop or costume making before but I've always wanted to. I'm interested in just about anything scifi or fantasy related (Star Wars, Doctor Who, Aliens, Marvel and DC characters, etc). I started watching DBZ Kai with my son recently and he has decided to be Goku for Halloween this year. I thought it would be fun for me to dress up as well and I've been thinking since I haven't seen much in the way of Android 16 cosplay I could tackle his armor for my first costume project. I'll try to document as I go and post on the forum here once I get to the point where I have something to post.

Hello,
I've been lurking TheRPF forums for over a year and just started to try prop making.

Found the site via Tested.com videos featuring Adam Savage building props and kits and so on.

Seen some very inspiring work in my skimming of threads thus far.

Hello everyone. My name is Ryalis and I've been Star Wars fan since the 70's.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back