Hi, name's Matt and I found the forum by listening to Adam Savage talk about it in his Still Untitled podcasts. Mostly I'm just here to lurk and look, but I may find some information that someone was looking for (I'm a frustrated librarian at heart, even though I work in web design) and I'll be happy to post it.

My name is Dave, I found this site doing a search on Iron Man weapons. I built and successfully launched a Jericho Missile built from scratch from just the pictures I could find.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tom and I found this site a while ago while researching vacuum forming techniques. Like most of us I am a big Star Wars fan and have always wanted to build my own costumes/armor, but until now I did not have anywhere to setup equipment. I now have a garage all to myself and can get started. My first step will be to complete my research into vacuum forming, molding and casting. After I have all the info I need, I will design and build my own vacuum forming table and I'll go from there.

Hey there everyone, my name is Stuart, I co-own a small company called Model Citizens and came across this site while researching Pepakura files. I work from home and make lots of different stuff but since I made a Power Armour Helmet from Fallout 3 I think I might make quite a few more! :) Falloutfin.jpgfallout2.jpgThis was my very first attempt at anything like this, using the Pepakura file to make a cast it involved a lot of filling and sanding, then onto adding detail with polymer clay. A lot of random bits and pieces went in then and finally a 4 step paint job. Hope you guys like it :)

Hey guys, my name is Cesar. I lurked on the site for a bit before joining, I was always a bit a intimidated by everyones awesome work.

I'm currently still working on my first project which is a star lord helmet. Hopefully it turns out well, I'll be sharing my completed work with you guys in the future.

Hello all, I am not a very experienced prop or costume maker but in the past I have built steampunk ray guns as well as a Doctor Who prototype Cybershade costume. My upcoming project is a full size No-face costume from Spirited Away. It is so nice to be a part of the RPF now.

Hi there, could someone please deactivate my Profile/account, i have loooked everywhere for this and cant find out how to do it and cant reply to Staff welcome message, thankyou.

Kind regards, Bob

Hey everyone,
I'm Gregg from middle Ga. I've just recently got into cosplay and prop building. I'm primarily interested in steampunk, guns and leather work. I've made a few steampunk guns over the past year.DSC_6611_1 - Copy_edited-1.jpg

Hi all,

I know I introduced myself before a hwile back mostly because I was a big LOTR fan!

Since then I have gotten into the world of custom sabers and I build and make custom sabers now.

I'm very active over on FX and IRA but I thought it's time for me to start posting my work here on RPF since it is porbbaly the biggest out of the lot! lol

Anyways, I'm 20 years old from London, England and I make sabers for fun!

Excuse me whilse I post quite a few threads showing my work!

Thanks

Khal

Hi everyone! I'm Colin from Chicago, IL. I found you guys on google. I'm a huge fan of the Alien series and wanted to build an M41A Pulse Rifle replica and it seemed like this was a good place to get started. I'm very new to prop building. I have done a few 3d printed models and some computer animation but that's about it.

Hello, all!

Firstly, I live in the SF Bay Area, (Vallejo), and have made costumes in my history, but I want to start by saying that I recently dropped making music to do the Peter Quill/Star Lord build so that I can do the same thing that Chris Pratt did, just recently, and that is visiting children in hospitals to hand them a smile *as* Star Lord.

Hearing him mention that in a press junket interview moved me, so I immediately started sourcing materials and props for this build. My aim is to make it as screen accurate and as realistic as possible. If a child wants to handle the nerf quad blaster, he/she will be in for a surprise as It will weigh a few pounds and have electronics.

I look forward to picking your collective brains and sharing my process as I step into this new thing. I *have* sewn my own costumes for ren-faires, but this is different. Very different. My goal is to have it stand up to scrutiny, of course, but at the end of the day, having been stuck in a hospital bed before, I know the monotony too well so anything I can do to help distract these kids, (not to mention what the parents are enduring), is my aim.

Thanks for listening and I'm honored to be allowed to be a part what you've all built here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hello RPF my name is Esteban and I'm a freshman at my high school and I like to think as myself as Peter Parker because not only am I a high schooler but im also a socially awkward nerd/geek who likes to skateboard (sort of).Anyways I joined the RPF today and I did because the RPF seems like some type of refuge for me I guess since its a community of pure talented,amazing people and quite frankly I have no idea what I am doing. Oh and one more thing "I like turtles" :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hello RPF my name is Esteban and I'm a freshman at my high school and I like to think as myself as Peter Parker because not only am I a high schooler but im also a socially awkward nerd/geek who likes to skateboard (sort of).Anyways I joined the RPF today and I did because the RPF seems like some type of refuge for me I guess since its a community of pure talented,amazing people and quite frankly I have no idea what I am doing. Oh and one more thing "I like turtles" :)

Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi all! I'm Fabio from Italy, I would like to share with your great community my works. From 1999 I created some Star Wars costumes, armors and props, I recorded fanfilms and promo, interviews to the star wars actors and video promo for star wars italian community and international. Now my ultimate work is a model of spaceship, an electrical Super Star Destroyer Eclipse class 1 meter long, completely home made and I would like to show it with you.

Hey guys. I'm super new here been a ghost walking around and snooping into topics and discussions but I'm done with that. Now want to be like the others, I want to build, to be recognized and hopefully be happy with the upcoming projects I'm inspired to do thanks to this site. Cheers

I was directed here by the Most Beneficent Google during my quest to find a material to make the current Punisher skull out of, as seen in the Marvel NOW series.

I'm not so much a costumer (although I do love costuming and have a 95% complete Sith Lord costume laying around here somewhere) as a geardo who happened to find out that the artist illustrating the current Punisher series seems to have taken a very strong lead from what some of the best firearms instructors and special forces personnel are currently using in the field, today.

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hello forum, first of all thank you for letting me register. I was directed here whilst back tracking through still untitled podcasts. I'm a life long film fan with a great interest in SF but I have never made anything before. I used to get paid to blow stuff up so most of my life was about destruction not construction. Quite honestly I just want to admire and encourage the work and community here whilst remaining comfortable in knowing that I'd never be able to achieve anything close to anything shown here. I saw ANH in the cinema on it's first release BTW that's how vintage I am. So thanks once again people, if some one like minded would care to point me around here I'd be very happy. Cheers.

Last edited:
Greetings, everyone, I'm Theodore. Happened to find this forum while I was searching for a Spider-Man mask, and I'm new to pretty much everything here, I'm even new to forums in general lol. I've never made a costume myself, but if this awesome dude TJack responded to my PM, I might start something. Thanks for actually reading this post lol. Hope we can get along with each others. See you on other threads.

Hello Everbody,
My name is Jonny and I work with leather. I have made various items for fashion and plays/movies. I look forward to the discussions and items. Thank you for having me ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back