Hey Everyone,
I'm JD. I've been on the site a couple of times but just recently decided to create an account. I've made a foam Iron Man Mk 3 before but unfortunately abused the thing so much that I just decided to scrap the thing. Kept the helmet though and is on display in my office.

Cheers!

Hello everyone . Im aaron from oklahoma . im a mild collector of randomness lol also good friends with art by paul which most of my cosplay stuff comes from plus i breed all kinds of cool morphs in reptiles as a hobby and small business
PicsArt_02-10-06.17.08.jpgPicsArt_02-10-06.13.56.jpgPicsArt_11-04-08.37.57.jpg

Greetings!

Long time traditional artist and 3D modeler. Old school comics fan. I'm a big guy that can never find a hat/costume that fits. Time to try my hand at making my own!

Hello everyone! I'm Travis and I'm from a small village in Wisconsin.

I found out about this website watching videos on Youtube late at night when I really should have been sleeping. They kept saying RPF and how great it was on the channel I was binge watching and I had no idea what it was and I ended up here. I've always been artistic and had a passion for making things that represented me and things I was a fan of. The first thing I ever made was when I was around 8 and obsessed with Power Rangers .. It was the Dragonzord Power Coin. I took a polaroid of it right off the tv and molded it out of clay (which is kind of fitting now that I think about it.) My dad made a makeshift kiln at the firestation where he was the chief and I carried that coin everywhere even when I got to highschool... It's long gone now but that experience stayed with me.

I've recently been getting into collecting the things my parents couldn't afford when I was a kid and tinkering on small projects here and there..I'm going to be 30 next month and I'm trying to find hobbies to keep myself out of trouble for my fiancés sanity lol.
I'm a huge fan of Star Trek, Doctor Who, and plenty of other things including Anime and gaming.. I'm pretty much a big nerd (or child if you ask my girl lol). I've always wanted a working Wormhole Timer from the television show Sliders...well.. that and the Proton Pack from Ghostbusters but I'm not that skilled lol The biggest dream I have is to build or own a complete replica of the Delorean from Back To The Future.

Anyways, I did one search on this site and I was absolutely amazed that everything I needed to make the timer was right here!! I made an account immediately and now I cant wait to finish this project and become part of this community as a whole!

Hi everyone,

I'm Benjo from France. After following this forum for many many years, learning a lot from threads to build stuffs and feeding my obsession for Sci Fi movie props, I finally realized it was time for me to join the community.
I'm looking forward to share my work and learn from other members :).

Hi all,
My name is Rik and I'm from The Netherlands. I work as a network engineer and have had a passion for tinkering and making ever since I was a kid. Since last year this has been taking off since I built a workshop in my garage so I would have a place to work on electronics, do some DIY and tinker around in general. I love building and making things and helping other people wherever I can.

I discovered this forum last year after my first visit to Dutch Comic Con, it inspired me to start working on my first cosplay. I decided to do a Tron Legacy cosplay as I have loved this movie and it’s predecessor. When I started looking for information about how to do it in April 2016 I found The RPF among other things and found it a really usefull site! I didn't subsribe until september of last year and finally got around to starting my project two weeks ago. I decided that now is the time to become active on the forum, share what I have learned and done so far and also ask other people for help so that I can get the best result possible.

I found it takes a lot of effort to investigate and work out all the details so that I can do a good cosplay and since all the information I found that was posted by other people has helped me a lot I want to do the same by sharing my progress so that other can benefit from it.

I’m also working on my website www.ricor.net on which I plan to publish all the nitty gritty details surrounding my current project but also other maker stuff like the workshop I built in my garage, networking stuff, electronics projects, etc. I love learning but especially like other people which is what I think is great about the RPF!

I’ll be starting my own thread containing my progress so far very soon and what I have planned to get the end result I’m looking for.

I’m looking forward to a great share and learn and a great future for making things ourselves :)

Hi!
Love replica's and movie props and after watching Adam Savage with envy I have decided to make an account and start my first full custom project.

I think I am going to make an Atomic Pen from 2001: A Space Odyssey. It's the pen in the beginning that is floating in space. Should be fun!

I'm Mike, from south Alabama. I found out about rpf after getting interested in prop making and discovering Tested with Adam Savage. I'm new to building and very interested in learning. I'm a huge movie buff and I watch a lot of behind the scenes and sfx stuff which is what inspired me to start building. It's also something fun me and my kids can have fun doing together and making memories.

Hey all-

I realized I'd neglected a self introduction. I'm Paul.

Came here as I'm working on a Nostromo crew uniform. I have an interest in making oddities, but not so much movie reproductions. I do have a few, somewhat relevant things I may post photos of.

Cheers!

Hey everyone! My name is JET!

I'm just getting into the custom saber world. I'm here to pick people's brains, possibly look into obtaining saber masterpieces, and learning to do saber installs to hopefully contribute in the custom saber install ring, repping for the Southern California area.

I look forward to chatting and learning with you all!

Hello RPF Members,

My Name is Shawn. I am from Northern Kentucky. I am about 30 minutes (as the crow flys) southwest of Cincinnati Ohio. I am here to leverage the knowledge of the community to help me in my making but also to get a few friends out of it. This is my first post on the forum and I hope to be very active in the forums as time allows. I have some big projects planned but those will be separate posts. For now, Thank you for allowing me to come in and be part of this wonderful community.

~Asseyez

Hi RPF members,

My name is Ian, I am a college student living in Montgomery AL. I have been working on cosplay costumes and props for almost four years now, and I am just now making an account here. I love looking at all the different builds across this site. I really hope enjoy my time here.

-From Inspiredscot

Hey guys :) I'm Brighton and I live in Sebring, FL. I love making costumes and started cosplaying about a year ago. Thanks to all the awesome people posting about their WIPs and sharing how tos. I'm glad to join the community.

Hi Everyone,

I'm Sam from Hungary, I work as a electrical engineer (designing microchip layouts) and as a fitness instructor. I've been lurking around the interwebz for some time now looking at other people's props, cosplay and craftmanship, but haven't done anything myself... maybe my time has come :)

Have a nice day!

Hey Everyone. I'm Remy, I'm from everywhere. I'm currently in North Carolina.

I've been lurking TheRPF for almost a decade now... yikes!

I haven't built anything to the amazing quality I've seen here so I've never bothered to share anything.

My first ever build was Qui-Gon Jinn's Lightsaber. It was a poor attempt with bad cuts and terrible paint, and the blade was made from a paint broom handle. This was before all the new fancy acrylic tube stuff.

I've learned a lot from RPF, so I figured it was time I start contributing and being part of the discussions.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back