Hey. Josh here I've found this site recently as I was trying to put together a cad bane costume for the 501st legion submission. Most of my small amount of work has been with star wars costumes and I'm pretty new to the whole costuming thing. I was hoping I could use this site to get help from other finding good materials and techniques to make the parts I would need for a cad bane costume, and other future projects.

Hello from Australia,
I stumbled across this whole world by accident, I honestly thought I was the only one who thought about this sort of stuff hahaha. Wow what a revelation :) How I came here you ask. I've always wanted a Maltese Falcon statue but knowing the typography of the bird so well everything I looked at on line I could see had mistakes, and also who would want a resin or plaster bird, it had to be cast metal. So I decided to make my own and started to collect imagery. Years ago I also had a business trip to San Fransisco and from my research discovered one of the actual birds was in the restaurant Johns Grill in SF. Great I thought, I'll pay a visit and get all the imagery I need to fill in the blanks. That Falcon was stolen from Johns Grill literally while I was in the air on the way there. So infuriating!!! But it just tripled my desire to have one and during my subsequent research I came across Adam Savages YouTube clip of his Dingus sculpt in which he not only led me to an auction catalog of one of the Falcons which proved invaluable but He also made mentioned this group, hence here I am.

As soon as I figure out how to I'll post some pics of my completed Falcon. It was meticulous 3 month sculpt and the most screen accurate of any I have seen, even if I do say so myself. Hope that doesn't sound too arrogant coming from guy who's been here all of 5 mins :)

Hello!

I'm very pleased to finally be a member! I've viewed from afar and gained some great knowledge already, recently I have been very fortunate to find a Sidkit Blaster, I'm almost finished and will be posting about the build shortly.

All the best.

Rev

Hello,
I just realize that I failed to introduce and say hello when i signed up a month or so ago. so....Hello.

I was turned onto this community from watching Adam Savage's Tested videos. So far this is a wonderful resource and an exceptional community!!

Hope you all having a productive project filled day, I am. Got a few things on the workbench. Building a scout trooper helmet. Got a 3d printable file from the good old internet, its pretty close. it will take some physical modifications to make it closer to the film. I'm not super worried about making it 100% canon. In fact I might just go for Shadow Scout with it.

2017-02-10 14.43.19.jpg2017-02-21 14.51.54.jpg2017-02-21 12.14.18.jpg

Thank you!

Galvin Collins

Hi all,

From the Emerald Isle. I have a design background and I've been a lurker on here for quite a while. I've definitely come across inspiration and pointers for some of my work so hopefully I might be able to do the same for someone else.

Hi Makers!
I'm very excited to finally become a part of this amazing community. I have been building a CNC machine for the last 4 years and I just finished so I'm hoping to make some amazing things with the new fun tool! I'm still figuring out the software but the hardware is working flawlessly so if anyone has fusion 360 pointers, I'm all ears. A tron suit is my current project and I will post any materials information I find that haven't already been discovered. Thank you to all that have contributed so much to this community and I hope I am able to do the same!
Justin

Hello Everyone:

I'm Rick from Baltimore (live in WV now)
I'm just getting into cosplay & am having a blast so far. I'm 55 (my son says I'm the oldest 12 year old he knows. He's the one who recommended I set up an account here.

Here are a couple shots of my first build: (Black Cat in the background is my daughter)
IMG_4652.JPG IMG_4816.JPG

I'm very interested in doing Thanos from Guardians. Looking forward to being here.

I may have jumped the gun, so my '7th' post will be my intro, sorry.
My name is Nick, from Pasadena, California.
Been a member for a few years, but rather inactive.
I am more of a prop collector than a builder, but happy to see a community that intersects the two tho.
Cheers

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Aye, I just found out about this site about a week or so ago, and it's awesome! I'm a big Star Wars Enthusiast and I'm looking to start a few projects on my own possibly join the 501st once I'm 18 (hehe). Anyone here play Star Wars Galaxies?
Also, if anyone can refer me to any custom order mask makers, that would be awesome. I've been constantly looking around the internet for masks of more obscure Star Wars Aliens (Ree-Yees etc.) and can't find anything.
This community seems really cool and It's going to be awesome to talk with all of you!
May the force be with you, always.

Hey RPF

My name is Jack, I'm a high schooler from Houston Texas, and love props and scale modeling. When I made my account a couple years ago, I didn't realize there was an introduction thread, so this post is a bit overdue. Sorry about that.

I've been lurking around projects for a while, but haven't had the know how to really contribute. Hoping to change that though, there's so many great ideas here.

I've recently finished the Revell Saturn V model, and I'm working on Darkside 501st's Mark 7 helmet, and a 1/72nd scale F-14 Tomcat. Looking forward to future projects!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, all! Name's Noah, college student from Indiana. I can't say I'm a huge movie buff, but the fabrication side of movie props has always fascinated me to no end. No real collection yet, but I'm hoping to put together some pieces for my own display soon! I do woodworking and 3D modelling, mostly, but I'm looking to learn more about papercraft, casting, and painting/weathering techniques!

Hello, I'm Kai, cosplayer from Germany. I love this forum and the creativity flowing in here. After building Baymax, I'm currently working on Groot from GOTG. Hope I can show my progress soon here as well. Cheers.

Hey lads, my name is Connor, and I'm from the Fort Wayne, Indiana area. Been huge into movies and comics and game since I was a boy, and now that I seem to have the courage to start building, I am in love with the whole scene from dissecting household trinkets for costume parts, to geeking out over new painting techniques.
Currently a college senior in terms of credit, and working at a Carson's. I have done a N7 armor build as my very first full costume, and a Uther Lightbringer build with a pulsing 555-timer circuit hammer. Also my first attempt to utilize electronics in my builds. (The hammer is signed by Scott Kurtz and Patrick Rothfuss, so its now a family heirloom).
Currently putting work in on my Mark 9 Ironman armor, which is my first exposure to micro-controllers and I am already intoxicated with the possibilities they offer. I am looking forward to sharing my work with you all and hopefully I can be of help to my fellow makers and builders in turn.

Um... hi. My names Zach. Im currently working on my 2nd build ever, the meta from rvb. Need to go out and buy more materials. But still working on it. Can't wait to see what all you other talented people build and hopefully I can get that good someday.

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hi everyone my name's Matthew, I'm from Northern Ireland I'm also a member of the Rebel Legion Ireland Outpost. I'm currently working on a anovos FO TK armour.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Hey everyone my name is Jacob. I have been making props since 6th grade and have just now decided to join. I've heard about the rpf for a while and just now decided it would be a good idea to join. I have made a few costumes for movie premieres and things like that. I am looking forward to seeing alll the Things you guys have made and hopefully posting some of my own creations on here.

Hi. Call me Jae, if you would. I have been sculpting, imagining and creating, not necessarily in that order,since I was a very small child. I have only recently discovered silicone molding and resin casting as a way to refine and increase my production. I am new to a lot of the fine points but have become well versed in the general aspects of the work. I look forward to many exchanges with everyone here. I apologize in advance for the amount of questions I will annoy you all with.

Hi all! My name is Jim. I have been a gamer and maker for a while now, but have not entered into the cosplay field before. I am experienced with silicone molding, 3D printing, laser cutting and CNC milling. I am planning to build a Mass Effect Andromeda suit over the next year and am hoping to both share my build experience as well as learn from everyone here.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back