Hello all
I'm jenn and I'm all the way from South Africa. I'm a teacher. I'm a complete noob when it comes to prop making but I've always had a passion to create and make my own things. Nothing is better than making something with its imperfections and saying I made that. Which is an excellent way to encourage my students. So I found this site when I was browsing for different ways to make reinforce props as my early attempts all collapsed on me. Lol.

Hello, I go by Kalak online. Tried cosplaying last year after volunteering at a Comic Expo and being jealous of the amazing costumes. Bought a cheap zentai spiderman costume, and joined the RPF recently in order to add a faceshell to the look. And now of course, I'm hooked. Upgrading the spiderman costume, looking into a superman, etc.

Hi all, i'm a new member and also a new collecotr.
I write from Italy, and start a month ago collecting marvel props.
Hope to fit here well :)

Hi, All Vincent here. I've been highly interested a lot of things, but also props and prop-making in the broadest sense of the word for quite a while now but never actually found the time to build anything myself. To start off light I'm currently researching the build of an Iron Giant Bolt. The "actual" dimensions are what seems to be the most difficult task to tackle at the moment. :)

Hey everybody!
I'm really late to introduce myself. Better late than never though. I can't wait to start building things with all the help of the people here.:D

Hello everybody!
I am a beginning maker and have collected 2 movie props so far
(screen used shirt from the final battle of Gangs of New York and a Michael Scott Business card)
I've made a few cardboard helmets and a few trinkets here and there
I look forward to learning alot and researching interests on this forum!

Hi everyone.

I'm an industrial designer from ireland.
I think this is a really interesting community in so many ways, but the reason I joined is because I wish to educate myself about Nike Air Mag replicas and this seems to be THE place to do that. There are a few very meaty threads here with all the info I could ever want. So even though I haven't read them entirely yet, I would like to thank all those that have pitched in to create this amazing resource.

Sincerely

Crimewave

Hello!

I'm an illustrator/comic artist/manual laborer from Finland. I've been reading these forums for a few years but hadn't really had any projects to show that would fit this forum, most of my projects have been metal- or woodworking projects(medieval armor, catapults etc.) so nothing that would really fit here. Some months ago I started a new project though, my first costume project I've begun if you don't count the medieval stuff. So I was thinking I might share it since some might find it interesting as it is a bit of an obscure and old-ish game title which this costume is from- something different to add among all the HALO, BTTF, Blade Runner and other more popular title threads. I'm also working on a pretty small budget so maybe I could share some tips and tricks worth real money for others who lack funds but would like to make props and costumes.

- TheSpaceMongol

New here, stumbled across this site looking for printables for a Harry Potter party I'm throwing for my niece. Some amazing stuff in here! I'm a huge geek, I'm very excited to see all the incredible things everyone is making! Maybe someday I'll have something to contribute to the mix!
Thanks,
~Robin

Briefly, I discovered years ago that I much preferred being on location over the Snail Chase on the LA freeways, and that if I was going to work outside of WhollyOdd, I could LIVE outside of WhollyOdd! Shooting is only one of the things that I do for a living, but I'm proud of it and of my ability to pick the projects that I will work.

I started making crude props back when Star Trek was in its first season. I'm grateful that my parents didn't save the stuff that I made back then!

I came here because I was reminded that I want to make a housing to fit my smartphone which will resemble the Follower carried by Sandmen in Logan's Run, and was looking for dimensional data. I'd also like to either make (if I find the time) or buy a DS Gun. I had done a really nice one (nonworking), but it disappeared in my divorce 20 years ago (along with an original Lifeclock and a lot of other things).

Anyway, I dunno how much I'll be around here, so we'll see.

Hi *waves*
I'm Matt, an Englishman now living in Canada. Only delved into cosplay stuff about two years ago but its slowly becoming an obsession. With a few characters under my belt such as Booker DeWitt, Jacob Frye from Assassins Creed, Patch (Wolverine) and my current project Captain Boomerang from Suicide Squad.

I hope to try armour at some point but my skills are still basically n00b. Making lots of new friends in the cosplay community and loving every part of it. I'm also a T-shirt artist and do some official work for Marvel, Adventure Time and Hasbro.

Hello everyone!!, Im nit sure if this is the right place to introduce myself, Im JC (short for Juan Carlos) Im from Querétaro, Mexico and Im building a Darth Vader ROTJ -ESB suit. Hopefully i'll be able to troop with the 501st legion . Im 42 yo old , but hell, who's counting? I building this baby from scratch and no experience whatsoever, Learning as I go.
96801ee56c2051433a2805e1e68734a6.jpg
e2097e6009b0770c0518cae8a17070b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hi, my name is Cameron other wise known as Silver. I'm quite a big prop fanatic and recently have begun setting up my own replica business called Silver Bow Replicas/Silver Props where we specialize in making cheap but screen accurate replicas such as resin/pewter cast lightsabers and improved CO Sonic Screwdriver toys. I'm only 15 so it's cool to say my first job is making replicas.
My interests include Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek and any other popular nerdy media.

- - - Updated - - -

That mask looks awesome man!!! Let me know when it's finished!

Howdy. Name is Joseph..long time member of the 405th(GnR8TnXxX.. also member of astromechs and rebel droids.wanting to get to know everyone and share in the wealth that is communal knowledge. Preffered method of building is pepakura/cardboard/and paper mache . But looking to learn new methods of creating.
Lots pf very talented folks here to learn from, and look forward to hopefully contributing a suprise or two myself ;).

Hello future friends, acquaintances, muses, and rivals!

My name is Seth, and I love to create. Top three are Lego building, Harry Potter wand carving, and most recently Lightsaber making, thanks to the custom lightsaber thread here. I'm out of witty comments for now unfortunately, so yeah. Glad to be here!

Long-time browser (5 years or so), mostly interested in sci-fi and other gear-related content, costuming as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back