Hi All, I'm from the top end of Australia, I'm currently interested in joining the 501st and have a stormtrooper armour on its way. I'm keen to build some props and I enjoy designing and sculpting. Looking forward to learning new skills and glad to join the RPF :)

Hello! I'm also in Kansas City. I'm currently interested in joining the 501st as a stormtrooper or Captain Phasma. And to (hopefully!) learn some skills along the way. I am a librarian and have zero "hands on" skills.

Nice to meet you all!

Hello all,

Heard about the RPF for a while and wanted to see what it was about. I'm a Film Major in my university and have been obsessed with many of the fandoms for a while. Just recently finished my first project. I designed and made a wand to the Pottermore quiz specifications.

View attachment 726783
Wand-complete.jpg

Now, I understand that it's not a replica in the strongest sense of the word, but I'm proud of it and hope to improve as I work on future projects like making those cool American auror costumes from Fantastic Beasts or build the monk's crossbow from Rogue One. Any suggestions for improvements are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JPWizard

hello everyone my name is arachnid and need a spiderman suit myself but am strapped for cash so if you have any suits and don't want it id be happy to take it off your hands.

Howdy RPF,

My name's John from Columbus Georgia. I'm a machinist and nerd. I'm really interested in making functioning weapons props that shoot either blanks or tracers. Also planning on working on a plasma blaster. Thank you for your time and have a Scaunchy Sunday.

Hi everyone, finally got round to registering to this forum after browsing and gaining lots of help/tips as a guest - hoping to become more involved with the community on here and dedicate more time to propmaking and cosplay!

I'm still very new to the hobby but am looking forward to the journey.

I just joined because I fell into a youtube hole and am binging tested youtube like crazy. I am a car guy at heart and have always loved tinkering and I love to make things but never made anything like a prop before. I look forward to learning a lot here.

Hello,

I love to build props and themed environments. I've working in the themed entertainment industry for over 28 years. I came across the RPF as a member of Tested.com.

Hi there!

I've been around workshops and practical DIY stuff since I was a kid, and always enjoyed building stuff, whether it was models or papercraft, or DIY film rigs. Over the last year or so I've been watching a lot of Adam Savage and Evil Ted Smith on YouTube, and just today I heard Adam name drop this site! There's so much awesome material and dedication here, and I hope to learn a lot!

My most recent build was a couple of Harry Potter wands, complete with boxes, for an event I was working that required themed trivia prizes:

13721095_1467741839918179_223655136_n.jpg

Hello all. I'm a long time modeler and occasional 1;1 scale prop modeler. Always fascinated by the full costuming, but generally more of a happy spectator. I just found this forum by looking for some Star Lord costuming information. Wow what an incredible resource. Thank you all.

G'day all, names Darren, Star Wars fan, 50+ father, interested in buying/building props for my own amusement, would also like to be a member of the 501st Desert Scorpions here in WA, ride and have ridden motorcycles for many years, currently riding a 2012 Ducati Diavel.

Hey all, I've been a lurker on the RPF for quite some time now, finally decided to make an account! I have very little experience in prop making/model building, but I do hope that after sticking around here for some more time, I can develop some skills I can use for my own endeavors. I have a few plans for the future, if time allows. I look forward to learning from all of you here to give me some inspiration for projects!

Hi everyone!
My name is Rafal, I live in Eastern Poland and I've been lurking around the RPF for quite some time. For an even longer period of time I've been working on my tiny workshop that started as a an amateur woodworker space (and still fulfills that purpose) and now also as a prop making mancave.
I've managed to complete a couple of builds, mostly from Mad Max: Fury Road and the Fallout series. Now I'm working on a bit of Mass Effect stuff. I hope I'll be able to share my work here and learn a lot from this amazing community!

Greetings everyone. I've been over at the 405th since before the merger a few years ago, and a week ago realized I didn't have an account here. Now that is corrected.

As for what I'm working on, I have a couple costumes that are in various stages of planning or design, and a couple props that are also in the planning phase. I'd flaunt them here, but no spoilers other than that I'm designing a yanme'e costume and a ghost from halo (games) [need to re-re-learn blender] till work actually resums on them.

I currently work full time as an assembly contractor for Volkswagen of America. My hobbies include playing games, watching movies and TV, and reading (big SciFi/fantasy fan).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

New-ish to the cosplay community, my first attempt was Hellboy for Halloween last year. Open to ideas and criticism about my projects. I'm in the planning stages of making a robotic Right Hand of Doom for NYCC this year.

I'm new here. I have an obsession with science fiction space suits and armor. I'm hoping to do some research here and make my own.

Hi all,
vwcranky here, my interest came about years ago about making the stroomtrooper helmet, never was able to make anything back then.

but when interest renewed, it started looking into making the helmet again....
found a template and just had a go, my first attempt is a failure... but have learnt so much from it... and have retarted it again.

seem to have got the bug for doing this and will be making a few for display and a few for fun..

I am so impressed with the work that is being done ..
but I think I will have a lot of questions .......

will post my failure later but would like frank feedback as I need a steep learning curve ...

Hi everyone,

I'm Luke, just getting to grips with my first project (Under slight duress) due to a close friend finally convincing me to give it a go. After seeing how much money creators were charging for stuff online I figured that while it may not be any cheaper, I might actually enjoy it more if I make it myself.

I'm terrible at introductions, not much better at creating either... so this'll be fun.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back