re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hey I'm John. I've always been interested this kind of stuff. I'm a big fan of horror movies. I've collected some things over the years but would like to take on making something myself. I heard about the forum when Adam Savage mentioned it on the Nerdist podcast.

Hello,

I finally remembered to stop by during a registration window! I've meant to join these forums for a few years now, but I always managed to miss it.

I've been making prop replicas for a while. I've designed and built a few lightsabers (all custom interpretations), and small BSG props (Bottles, labels, pamphlets), some blasters and a Blade Runner PKD.

I also designed the custom iPhone theme for jailbrokens iPhones based on the Blade Runner pay phones called "BR Vid-Phon" which you can download thru Cydia.

Oh, and I'm a stop motion animator and have a few award winning short films floating around out there.

Hello - my name is Liz
I've been making Star Wars costumes and some props for
almost a year. I am very happy to be here:)

Hi Guys,
first off some of the work i have seen on this forum absolutely blows my mind. Would love the talents so many of you lads possess. Have been making my own props for years now, although not for the last couple of years as i finally left university, had a baby (not me the missus, that would have been impressive!) and got a job.

My lads now 5 and is a huge Iron man fan, which led me to looking for a helmet which led me here.

Some really talented people on the site and i hope to get to know some of you guys better as times goes on

Glad to be on the rpf

James

Hi I am Matt,

I have lived and breathed in the rapid prototype world and been using urethane and silicone for half of my life. I love seeing creative and amazing work. I am a free resource of information if you want it. I can steer you clear of trouble with what I know. Keep up the good work and I am pleased to be here and to see so much great work.

New signup, and new to actually creating props. I have been lusting after them for a long time, but I am looking forward to trying my hand at building them :)

First build is probably going to be a couple of Toht coat hangers

Hi there :)

My name is Fran, I'm 25 and I am a long term Star Wars fan and costumer since I was about 13 :)

I already have a cleared Jedi costume and Hogwarts School Uniform and am going for clearance with my Aayla Costume in the next few days (pics will go up here too if there is interest :) )

Am thrilled I have finally managed to catch one of the registration periods as I always seemed to miss them - lol

Anyway, looking forward to sharing information on the board and admire all of the stunning work you guys produce!! :D

Fran x

Hi everybody! (I bet you just read that in Dr.Nicks voice)

I'm Joe, college student and a fan of back to the future and the technology in Star Wars. I like Star Wars but I'm more about the droids and Imperial Forces.

I've had some experience building some droids and experience working with cosmichrome. But I'm no master, still learning every chance I get

Last edited:

Hello all,

I'm new to this whole process, but hope to gain insight and tricks from the gurus here. My first project will be a Thomas Bangalter helmet from Daft Punk. I've been following Volpin's process with his Guy-Manuel helmet for some time now and found this site through him and @donttrythis aka Adam Savage on twitter.

Depending on how successful my first attempt is, I'd like to do the Encore suit with EL Wire and LEDs at some point, and possible an Iron Man suit or something in the future.

You guys do some amazing stuff on these boards from what I've seen and I hope what I'm able to make will be up to those standards. :)

Hello, my name is Jeff.

I have always loved movie props, and in college started to make my own. My first was a rubber Necronomicon book from the Evil Dead movies, and of course anything Star Wars related.

As of recently though I have been sucked into the world of Harry Potter. I am addicted to making wands and slowly will have the complete collection of real hardwood wands.

I absolutely love this forum, lots of inspiration and real top quality props from people who really put their heart and souls into them.

Hi there!
My name is Kacper and I stumbled across this site when looking for some scratchbuild/movie props forums. I'm new to this and I hope to look up some tips on how to roll with it :)

Hey guys! I've been a member for a few days now, and totally didn't see this. Lol.

Well, basically I became a member when I was searching for references on making a "Quibbler" from Harry Potter 5, and I saw that "Monsters_5" had made one himself! I was immediately drawn in with follow prop makers, People had such amazing talents and collections I wanted to join in! Luckily for me, I came across it only a few days before registration opened again so I didn't have to wait long!

I've been really into graphics art for about 6 or more years now. And i've found that I can get alot of experience by replicating movie props!
Here's what i've MADE already:
rpfk.jpg

Left: 1 of 15 of Dolore's Umbridge's Proclamations from "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"
Center: Quite of few of Susie Salmon's Photographs that are seen throughout "The Lovely Bones" (I did not make the CAMERA obviously)
Right: A California Postcard, sent by Abigail Salmon, to Lindsey Salmon featured in "The Lovely Bones" (I also made the Custom Display as well)

At first, I wanted to try and make a BUNCH of Harry Potter paper props, However, i've decided instead to do a whole set of props from "The Lovely Bones" because i've felt that they're an easier start to Paper Prop making, and also I've started a Lovely Bones collection so I must as well add to it!

You can see my Lovely Bones props, and my progress of New Lovely Bones Props progress in the thread titled "The Lovely Bones (2009)" started by myself!

As for props im interested IN. I'm really into Harry Potter of course, so i'm totally obsessed with it's Props, thats probably one of the things im most interested in, but I also really like the Props from Lord of the Rings, Narnia, The Golden Compass, and Lemony Snicket's as well.

That basically sums me up!

~Zeeky5678~

Hi every one. I want to say hello and how every one is doing?
I us to post on the ASAP board but not to much happening there so
I came here as there is more life and active topics at the RPF.

I also wanted to show of my prop collection and see any one else great collection. See my Sig.

I also heard that nicksdad has A screen used B5 PPG and I was able to contact hem here for one of his amazing replicas, Hope he will make A Crusade version.

Thanks

Hi folks,

New here! I'm Mike. I found this forum after searching for props online. Glad I did, too, as this seems like the place to be for prop discussion.

I have some concept props from Ghostbusters and the Super Mario movie, but I am always in the market for props from the Ninja Turtles movies.

Mike

Hi, I have never thought much about movie props. I heard about this site listening to a podcast with Adam Savage. Looked it up and I'm hooked! The stuff you all build is amazing.

Hi guys,
I found yall looking for a replica of NT's Book of secrets, after hours of searching I came across this forum and was shocked at how everything I was looking for is right here. I cant make anything but I do like to collect certain props from my favorite movies, I also like to see how everything is done to create these props.

Glad to join!

high all its great to see all this great projects

Hello to all,

My name is Edward and I have being making fan props and costumes for over 30 years.

Back in the early 80's I started(with some friends) a group called Not The BBC Props Dept.

We recreated props and costumes from Doctor Who and took them to various conventions in Canada and the US.

I have a 3/4 scale K-9 that is 26 years old, a partly finished Dalek in my basement and a TARDIS in my backyard that I use as a Garden Shed.

I have also made props and sets for community theater and fan productions, everything from Dinner theater to Star Trek Plays and even preformed as Worf in several fan plays in the 90's.

I look forward to reading and trading ideas and info on props, costumes, and modeling in general.

Edward

P.S. I also own a giant blue Hamster costume!

Last edited:

Greetings from waterlogged middle Tennessee!

I'm a 501st/Rebel Legion member recently transplanted from FL by The Search For More Money. Started costuming after getting introduced by a high school friend to anime and sci-fi conventions by building an A-Wing pilot, I have since added a Biker Scout, several other SW costumes, and some new BSG stuff. Always like building model kits when I was tiny, and even though they've gotten a lot more expensive, the new toys are getting a lot more impressive.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back