Hi everybody,

I registered a few weeks ago but then I was busy studying and had no time to introduce myself. Anyway, I have no experience in prop building, but I am excited about starting doing some props, with my first project being the Ant-Man upcoming movie costume, starting from the helmet, with the pepakura kindly provided by this forum.

I'll keep you updated in a future post.
See ya

P.S. you can call me "picc" and I'm from Italy.

hi im new to the prop game i have got a couple of helmet builds underway however im concentrating on my white ranger build at the moment,
any help would be appreicated :)

Hello All!

I've loved costuming since I was a wee thing, and have in fact been lucky enough to get a job doing what I love. Creating replica costumes and cosplays has been an all-consuming hobby of mine for a little over fifteen years now. It'll be quite nice to get involved in this community of other artists and artisans who share my interests in the crafting of props and costumes. :D

Well hello everyone,

My name would be Corné, came along on this forum by searching on other Jack Sparrow compass builders, and i will be sharing mine soon. And of course looking for inspiration on building other props as well.

Hi guys,

I'm new here, I joined in June, but I was taking a look at a couple things for a while before I decided to join the fun and start posting.

I've been creating things since I was a kid, started in graphic design, moved to digital effects, leading to practical effects. I think that's possibly one of my favourite ways to create something. To obtain and actually hold an physical item in your hands, from movies, or something you've created with your two hands always keeps me motivated.

I'm always working on projects....I love feedback, everything is constructive, no comment too negative, no comment too positive. We are all here to learn and help eachother, so I hope to learn from all of you. Thank-you. :)

P.S. Adam Savage Rocks!!!!

Hey, my name is Cayla!
I've been making costumes for about five years now in the cosplay circuit. I'm super passionate about making things and am always looking for new challenges and skills to pick up. I've been lurking here for a long time and figured it was finally time to join in. I look forward to chatting with all your lovely folks :)

Hi!

I've been following RPF a little bit on Facebook because my best friend was a prop fanatic. Sadly he passed away recently, but he left me a few dozen props and parts.

I am now the proud owner of a box of lightsabers in various states plus a few blasters, not to mention some Bab 5, Serenity, and even Battlestar Galactica stuff. Oh, and a couple of Icons Klingon disruptors including the 3 piece one.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with it all. My house is too small!

Not to mention he didn't have the one prop that we always talked about wanting to get which is a Sandman pistol that shoots flame. Alas.

Hello everyone !
My name is Amanda, but everyone calls me Charlie.
I'm an amateur blacksmith and cosplayer from Toronto.
Cosplaying for 2 years and blacksmithing for almost 3-4 years now,
I found my way on the forums when starting my Spider Gwen and Pepper Potts suits.

Good Evening.
My Names Mike and I live in the UK - I ended up here because of watching the tested podcasts and heard Adam Savage mention it, I had also stumbled on this site previously looking for some Dr Who stuff and Boba Fett stuff.

I finally posted because I have something to post...

I'm going to Comic Con tomorrow and have made a costume.
Ill post it up now in the appropriate place --- Glad to be here - its a good place.

I'm looking for information about props and masks and things.

thanks

Mike

Hello!
My name is Austin, and I am excited to be venturing into the world of prop building. I follow a couple of prop builders/effects artists on YouTube (punished props, and Adam Savage and Frank Ippolito with Tested) and I'm excited to be able to use that knowledge to start my journey!

Hey everyone!

Trying to imagine how to boil down my background so I don't write a book here. I'm a portrait artist who over time branched into a lot of other interests.
I have a deep math and logic background which led me into computing. Self taught as an IT freelancer with multiple programming languages under my
belt. I'm self taught in 3d. My interest in gaming led me into 3d with the intent to mod games; but, fell in love with the 3d work and never got to
modding. I've done ground up rebuilds on cars and motorcycles at this point with no formal training. I'm on my second motorcycle doing that right now
- a Harley, though that is largely just getting started. I've been scratch building since I was like 6. My first prop/replica I think was the derilect ship
from Disney's Black Hole. I've also built Star Trek type I & II phasers As well as having made a couple of attempts at a 3 piece Vader mask from Balsa.
The multiple attempts arose from having lost the original in a fire.

I've built models from kits as well as doing some serious kitbashing. Resin entered my vocabulary about 15 years ago. I still don't know as much about
it as I'd like to. I'm very interested in learning to work in resin among many other materials. Having had a really bad experience buying work from others
before, I'm a little skiddish about granting access to my own work or buying from others. That has stalled the finish of my 3d work previously referenced.
But it's kept the integrity of the build. I don't know how much I'll get involved here. But the work you all do here seems right in my wheelhouse crossing
multiple interests in many different ways.

Love building. Love collecting certain things. Not the cosplayer particularly; but, I do own a suit of stormtrooper armor which is on display in my front room
and the which I have worn for charity fundraising. If another set of armor finds it's way into my front room, it'll probably be something from Fallout. I'm a gamer
and the languages of choice for me are Fallout and ElderScrolls - hands down. Nice to be here. Looking forward to seeing and sharing.

Hello everyone ! I'm just entering the cosplay and costumes replica world and I decided that it was time to get an account here !
So, I'm a 18years old french student and in september I will start a costume designer course in a parisian school. I'm just a beginner but very motivated.

Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Greetings everyone,

I just created my account, I'm Marshall :) I've been familiar with the site for some time and thought it was about time I became involved. There's been many occasions whilst looking for reference photos for my projects that the RPF has popped up. I have a huge passion for animatronics. If you're interested in seeing my work, visit https://www.facebook.com/marshallsprops

P1000769 MT.jpg

Marshall

Hi there,

I have long since come here for resources and have decided to take the plunge and start posting.
I've been costuming for a good while and now that I'm getting ready to add star wars and destiny costumes to my list, I wanted to dig into the trenches.
Looking forward to interacting with you all.

Hello,

I checked out this site after watching an entire day of Adam's One Day Builds. Then I discovered the replica model sub-forum. Wow, what a great way to take my hobby to the next level. In the past I've done small dioramas, model railroading, and kit assembly. I look forward to discovering the wealth of information and hopefully contributing something of my own,

Self-Declaration:

Long time day dreamer, first time modeler.

I recently helped pull a V10 out and dumped it into a caddy and that was with no automotive experience beyond fuel goes here, unscrew oil filter and replace.

I have confidence now because of the above project.

They announced Fallout 4. They announced Pipboys for all (who pre-buy). They kinda hedged around its functionality. Apparently it's a big clam shell that bites onto your cell phone and then you use the touch screen to do all menu navigation.

I said many things not permitted in this forum (and still say them) about this.

I considered what I had learned from the general contractor who helped me put up a wall and run all new electrical circuits as well as the plugs that went with them. I considered the car experience. I decided it was not that far fetched to take an existing Xbox controller and with a lot of work turn it into a FULLY (armed and) OPERATIONAL Pipboy for use in game.

I am Determined.

Hello there - I've been a member of the Aliens Legacy forum for a number of years and I am slowly getting all the kit together to do a USCM rifleman in my own named gear (not a character named impression)... I have been advised to join the RPF and look forward to getting to know you all...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back