Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2017
    1 Week Ago  May 13, 2017, 11:56 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12201

New-ish to the cosplay community, my first attempt was Hellboy for Halloween last year. Open to ideas and criticism about my projects. I'm in the planning stages of making a robotic Right Hand of Doom for NYCC this year.
    From
    Texas
    1 Week Ago  May 14, 2017, 4:12 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12202

I'm new here. I have an obsession with science fiction space suits and armor. I'm hoping to do some research here and make my own.
  3. Member Since
    May 2017
    6 Days Ago  May 17, 2017, 4:26 AM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12203

Hi all,
    vwcranky here, my interest came about years ago about making the stroomtrooper helmet, never was able to make anything back then.

but when interest renewed, it started looking into making the helmet again....
    found a template and just had a go, my first attempt is a failure... but have learnt so much from it... and have retarted it again.

seem to have got the bug for doing this and will be making a few for display and a few for fun..

I am so impressed with the work that is being done ..
    but I think I will have a lot of questions .......

will post my failure later but would like frank feedback as I need a steep learning curve ...
    From
    England, United Kingdom
    5 Days Ago  May 17, 2017, 6:48 AM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12204

Hi everyone,

I'm Luke, just getting to grips with my first project (Under slight duress) due to a close friend finally convincing me to give it a go. After seeing how much money creators were charging for stuff online I figured that while it may not be any cheaper, I might actually enjoy it more if I make it myself.

I'm terrible at introductions, not much better at creating either... so this'll be fun.
  5. Member Since
    May 2017
    5 Days Ago  May 17, 2017, 4:47 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12205

Hello all
    I'm jenn and I'm all the way from South Africa. I'm a teacher. I'm a complete noob when it comes to prop making but I've always had a passion to create and make my own things. Nothing is better than making something with its imperfections and saying I made that. Which is an excellent way to encourage my students. So I found this site when I was browsing for different ways to make reinforce props as my early attempts all collapsed on me. Lol.
  6. Member Since
    May 2017
    5 Days Ago  May 17, 2017, 9:05 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12206

Hello, I go by Kalak online. Tried cosplaying last year after volunteering at a Comic Expo and being jealous of the amazing costumes. Bought a cheap zentai spiderman costume, and joined the RPF recently in order to add a faceshell to the look. And now of course, I'm hooked. Upgrading the spiderman costume, looking into a superman, etc.
    From
    Alessandria - Italy
    4 Days Ago  May 18, 2017, 12:08 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12207

Hi all, i'm a new member and also a new collecotr.
    I write from Italy, and start a month ago collecting marvel props.
    Hope to fit here well
  8. Member Since
    May 2017
    4 Days Ago  May 18, 2017, 5:58 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12208

hi!
    i'm looking for FOTK armor
  9. Member Since
    May 2017
    4 Days Ago  May 19, 2017, 1:28 AM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12209

Hi, All Vincent here. I've been highly interested a lot of things, but also props and prop-making in the broadest sense of the word for quite a while now but never actually found the time to build anything myself. To start off light I'm currently researching the build of an Iron Giant Bolt. The "actual" dimensions are what seems to be the most difficult task to tackle at the moment.
    3 Days Ago  May 19, 2017, 4:52 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12210

Hey everybody!
    I'm really late to introduce myself. Better late than never though. I can't wait to start building things with all the help of the people here.
  11. Member Since
    Apr 2017
    From
    Mcminnville
    2 Days Ago  May 20, 2017, 5:16 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12211

Hello everybody!
    I am a beginning maker and have collected 2 movie props so far
    (screen used shirt from the final battle of Gangs of New York and a Michael Scott Business card)
    I've made a few cardboard helmets and a few trinkets here and there
    I look forward to learning alot and researching interests on this forum!
  12. Member Since
    May 2017
    10 Hours Ago  May 22, 2017, 7:22 PM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12212

Hi everyone.

I'm an industrial designer from ireland.
    I think this is a really interesting community in so many ways, but the reason I joined is because I wish to educate myself about Nike Air Mag replicas and this seems to be THE place to do that. There are a few very meaty threads here with all the info I could ever want. So even though I haven't read them entirely yet, I would like to thank all those that have pitched in to create this amazing resource.

Sincerely

Crimewave
  13. Member Since
    May 2017
    From
    Jyväskylä
    29 Minutes Ago  May 23, 2017, 5:13 AM - Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! << #12213

Hello!

I'm an illustrator/comic artist/manual laborer from Finland. I've been reading these forums for a few years but hadn't really had any projects to show that would fit this forum, most of my projects have been metal- or woodworking projects(medieval armor, catapults etc.) so nothing that would really fit here. Some months ago I started a new project though, my first costume project I've begun if you don't count the medieval stuff. So I was thinking I might share it since some might find it interesting as it is a bit of an obscure and old-ish game title which this costume is from- something different to add among all the HALO, BTTF, Blade Runner and other more popular title threads. I'm also working on a pretty small budget so maybe I could share some tips and tricks worth real money for others who lack funds but would like to make props and costumes.

- TheSpaceMongol