Hai there RPF community!

My name is Ryan. Im always stopping in, looking on in amazement and learning a thing here and there. So finally ive decided to register and become apart of the RPF! I cut my teeth on replica Friday the 13th hockey masks over at Frightstuff.com and Ive been making things since I was about 10 yeas old. My most recent project is a Dark knight Grumpy mask (gonna start selling em soon) I love making and collecting old school slipknot masks and memorabilia, as well as Star wars props. Cant wait to meet some of the talented folks around here!

hi everyones! i'm new here from france i'd sign in therpf community cause i want to do my own HC bttf2 replica shoes i think i can find serious people here so thanks! :)

Hello, my name is Chris.

Been lurking on the site for months; Finally decided to join I love the passion the members bring with all the detail and research, I look forward getting to know a few of you.

Hello!

I'm pretty new to all of this stuff, although I was always interested. Going to start with the ACU from Jurassic World! Hope to learn a lot from you guys as time goes on!

Hello all!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been using the RPF as a resource tool for years to either oggle all of the stuff I'd one day like to own, or to learn more about specific techniques, props, or costumes. While I've never done, what I'd call, a proper cosplay, I did do a half decent 11th Doctor, and a not too shabby Indiana Jones for various Halloween appearances. I've recently decided to put together a cost effective Rick Deckard costume and I've just completed my toy blaster conversion (I plan to post my own thread about this!). The RPF has been invaluable to me already and I look forward to learning more from all of the brilliant members here!

Cheers!

RG.

Hi All
The name is Gary and I have been a maker for over 40 years now
I have worked in the film and T,V, industry here in Australia for over 20 year full time as a props maker and part time for many years before that
I Built a fully working K.9 (Robot Dog) from Dr Who in the late 70's and my first R2 in the early 80's.
About 1984 I made an Admiral Akbar costume which got the attention of Lucas Film
In 85 I got to work with John Stears on the aborted film Total Recall and have had a passion to work on SF projects when they happened down here in OZ
Other shows that I have worked on like The Red Planet and TV's Farscape and an untolled number of commercials over the years.
Steve Sandsweet now has some of my creations in his collection and I have been involved with the Sydney Robot Builders Group
over the year I have been called on to build anything from a 57 Chevy that can seat 30 for a Japannese Ad to something small like a boomerang with a car tire tread on it.

View attachment 492039View attachment 492038View attachment 492041View attachment 492042[View attachment 492040ATTACH]492044[/ATTACH]View attachment 492183View attachment 492043View attachment 492188View attachment 492190View attachment 492186
Hi Gary
My name is Damien im in canberra.
Wanted to pick your brain if possible

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Became member a few days back. looking to build second costume and would be interested in iron man armor. Any help with list of maker would definitely be helpful as to who has the best kits available

Hello!

I joined a few days back. I've had an interest for years in doing some prop replicas and decided to make the leap and start an upgrade on one of the HC BttF2/3 Hoverboards. Looks like a great community here and I look forward to interacting with you all!

I am new to prop building and have wanted to get into it for awhile and am finally doing it. I hope this is the place to get the help I need it seems like a good place.

I am currently working on captain America's shield and jurassic park cryocans and always looking for new things to build.

Hello everybody!

I'm Taylor and I'm really just getting into prop making. I have a lot of ideas and plans for things I want to make and many different things I hope to learn or try when it comes to making thing in general. so far I've made NCR veteran ranger armor and I'm working on some props from the game Bastion and a dagger from a favorite book series, Alcatraz Smedry by Brandon Sanderson

Hi folks, my name is James, and this is my first time on the RPF.
A little about me:
I am a leatherworker and my main focus is steampunk and dieselpunk. I've been making leather items for about 4 years.
I am most well known for my Star Lord boot covers.
My current project run is a steampunked version of the Hazardous Environment Suit from Half Life. I would love to post progress pics if someone would kindly direct me to the proper board.
I recently got back from a tremendous opportunity in Los Angeles. I will be appearing on a competition show on GSN called Steampunk'd.
my facebook: http://www.facebook.com/starboardskyleatherworks
my project site: http://www.starboardsky.com
Steampunk'd show site: http://www.gsntv.com/videos/steampunkd

I am super stoked to be here!

Hello!

Long time lurker here at the RPF. I've been making props for about 8 years for the LARP that I play. Everything from cheap, lightweight armor to puzzles and maps. I'm a bit of a budget jack of all trades. I'm interested in getting into casting for things like body parts and animals so I figured this would be an excellent resource. I have some rather large projects I'd like to start.

Hi everyone!

I'm a 37 year old amateur cosplayer in Florida. For the past few years my wife and I have been doing some cosplaying at the local MegaCon. Now that we have a 1 year old son, we're hoping to make it a family tradition, and to do as many 'cons as possible. We really only cosplay the comic book superheroes I grew up with. Right now, I'm working on an Arkham-verse Batman and she's thinking about doing a Wonder Woman. We usually buy our costumes because we don't often have the time or skill to make our own, but we have sewn a classic Thor, Valkyrie and Ms. Marvel in the past. Hoping to meet lots of people on here who enjoy costuming, and we're always looking to buy/sell/trade pieces for what we need. Thanks for the opportunity to join this neat community!

Hey!

I am just starting out with cosplay, but plan on keeping myself busy with several projects in the coming years. I am 16 years old, and will be studying Fine Art and other related courses in college as of September 2015. My current project is a set of Dragonscale Armour from Skyrim, for which I will soon make a thread for. Most of the time, I will be using Pepakura for my projects, but there may be exceptions. I may need help with things along the way, which is precisely why I joined this forum; that and to share my progress and thoughts with other people with similar interests.

Hi All,

Been popping past looking for ideas so decided to join in, I am just getting in to major Cosplay due to a mates wedding in November. I am planning on going as Mal Reynolds and as Australia doesn't allow you to import replica weapons I am forced to scratch build Mal's sweet, sweet side arm. so I'm looking at getting ideas for how and what to make it from, and any ideas on specifics that have and haven't worked before. so I will be hunting for dimensions for things and with comicon coming in Sept I am considering taking my kids to it so may need details for StarGate cosplay too....

Thanks for listening. and happy modeling

Hello All!
I stumbled across this great forum just as I am getting deeply into prop building. This brings together three of my favorite things - fabrication, model making and electronics. I've got a slew of projects on the go right now and no doubt will be asking many questions. At the moment I'm focused on screen - inspiration and functionality (i.e. making the prop do something fun - not what it does on screen!) and sometimes a little screen accuracy gets sacrificed - I don't mind as long as I have fun building it. I'm looking forward to sharing projects with and learning from this great community.

Hey,

I've been interested in starting making replicas for a long time. Spent allot time with my father tinkering and building, and learned a lot of small simple skills. Even went to a few Maker's Fairs in Austin TX with him. Heard about this forum from a few of Adam Savage's talks a while back, a just now decided to check it out.

Have had quite a few large scale projects I always wanted to start, but was never in the place or had the resources. Finally moving to a place in Florida where I can start to build, and have some acceptable size items I want to make. Decided to join so I can better learn from those who have been doing this for years.

My main interests are video-game props, but have a few Blade Runner and Alien props I would love to do in time.

Hello!
My name is Jason
I'm pretty new to cosplaying. Bought a spiderman costume off zentaizone about 2 years ago when I had money to spare.
I'm here looking for an Iron Fist pattern so I can get it printed and sewn. I want to wear it for haloween so if anybody has one, can you send it my way?

Looong term lurker, seemed about time to actually register. Just a fan rather than a builder, but an account is useful for those times you have something to chime in and contribute with.

Cheers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back