Hello all, I'm an Electrician by trade with countless backgrounds in all stages of "construction". I'm here because my hobby and passion is making things from the movies that I love. haven't made a whole lot of anything, but I figure I'll see something on here that peaks my interest I'll ask for help. I love this website and how supportive everyone is with everyone's pet projects! Look forward to showing yall what I can do.

-heroicpeach

Hello everyone.
My name is Davide and I'm a real fan of anything that may be inherent in film, video games. I do cosplay, I love Marvel and I am here to learn from the most good partnerships to realize everything you dream.

Hello all. Glad I could get up on these boards to tap into the endless advice and examples. Starting my Anovos armor build when it ships so I'm just peeking around until it gets here. Just got my resin Doopydoos E11 in the mail an hour ago! Thanks in advance for any and all help. Ive done a bunch of Gundam model builds in the past and just enjoy everything video game and sic-fi related. "i wanna start making"!

Hello fellow prop makers! very excited to learn more about prop making from you all, ive been cosplaying/making props for about a year, there is so much more for me to learn!

Hey everyone! Very happy to be joining the rpf community! I've only done one cosplay so far, but I really enjoyed it and am excited to do more in the future. My one cosplay was ambitious, but I think it turned out really well. It was a weeping angel, which took roughly eight weeks and $200. I looked a lot at others' tutorials, and tried to improve on others' designs (especially with the wing support system). I loved making it and am excited for the next project I'll undertake.
tumblr_np5g5eOD211qdpfx0o5_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Hello comrades!!

Making my first Clone Phase I Helmet directly from Chile.
Thanks to all of you, it will be finished in a couple of weeks!!

Hello everyone, I am a Police memorabilia collector from the UK and have made many replica UK Police movie props over the years. I mostly use genuine Police badges/equipment and tweak them to make them screen accurate. Now I am venturing into USA badge territory and have found a wealth of information here. Looking forward to speaking to y'all!!

Hello, everyone. I've checked out this site before but only recently decided to join. 24 year old OIF vet married father of 1. I don't do cosplay and know very little about it, but I'm a diehard TWD fanatic and am venturing into collecting replica props. I value People's opinions, and hoped to gain some ideas/insight on here.

Hello! I found about about the RPF through following the 501st. Im also into building robots. Ive had so many ideas for a bunch of sci fi, anime, and video game cosplays but not a ton of experience i have taken a few welding, woodworking, and composites classes. just need help on where to find materials,m tools, and designing my own stuff.

Last edited:
Hello RPF Community!

I have always had a love for props and costumes since I was a little kid, so I figured this is the perfect place for me to get back into this hobby/ passion of mine, and have a chance to connect with so many like minded people!

I am a manufacturing engineer by trade specializing an plastics, especially thermoforming, and have a varied background in machining and material removal as well as welding, but again my forte is the polymer sciences. I would be happy to share any knowledge I may have on the subject of plastics and manufacturing since this area of props, costumes, models and the like are such a closely related mix of art and science. My collection is small and mostly self made from some lucky encounters with family members who had access to lathes and mills to help my childhood fantasies grow into a passion for the rare and obscure, as well as the well known props and doo-dads.

The shortlist of my limited collection (pictures to come) are:
-some attempts at lightsabers including Luke's ROTJ (still incomplete since 2008) and what i thought was a Graflex 3-cell but actually turned out to be a 2-cell (I was 12 at the time) which i will turn into something cool for sure.
-Intense builds of WW2 and WW1 fighter planes and tanks, all painted by hand because I could never afford an air brush, some with weathering but most without.
-nick-nacks and doo-dads I've attempted to assemble for Indy costumes including a hat (the very nice one with the pink lining)!

I started, I'm sure like most of you, by building LEGOs, then quickly into models. I spent most of my summer days inside painting boats and planes, building model rockets and getting them stuck in trees. By the time it came to leave high school I wanted to head for LA and start doing practical effects and working in prop shops, but I let my parents talk me out of it and I went into manufacturing engineering at Chico State instead. All in all, I'm happy I went with engineering because in the back of my mind I knew I would always come back to my first love of props and movies and sic-fi and having that manufacturing background allows me to understand how to make things and gave me access to tolls and techniques that are key to practical effects and props.

I am very excited to join this community of people who are doing the things they love and helping others like myself start or re-start their passions for this industry! I hope to post as often as I can with project updates and the like!

Hey Howdy Hey!

After being gone for a while I am back. I am fairly new to most of this. I first joined when I was looking for a map of Wilderland back before Weta released theirs (which I after the fact wasn't as much a fan of compared w/ what I ended up with!). I found what I was looking for from master artist Juan Pablo de Miguel from Spain who crafted a beautiful map on heavy paper and hand distressed it - so if anyone is still looking for that piece of Middle Earth, look for him.

For all of my life I have been a fan of movies, sci-fi and pop culture. The last few years sucked away most of my time as I finished college and then pharmacy school. But now I have had a bit more time to get back into this type of stuff. Last fall I made a Prince Phillip costume from Sleeping Beauty (although I admit the sword and shield I bought from Disney, mostly due to time constraints before Halloween). I am currently working on a Lowery Cruthers outfit from Jurassic World. My dream project that I hope to soon actually do is make a Jurassic Jeep Wrangler.

Hi,

The RPF was brought to my attention through Tested.com and that crew and I must say blown away by the level and number of talented people out there. I was brought up on sic-fi and fantasy. The joke around my house growing up was my mom went to see Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom with me as a ride along, and that's where the bug bit me.

I've always been into comics, models and anything gadget related. Recently I became interested in model/prop making and I hope that I will be able to post some of my own projects soon. I'm fairly new at this so hopefully I'll absorb some of the myriad of skills available here.

Reguards

Hi! I'm Sergio
I live in Mexico, I get here through searching for tips in order to make a Sabine Wren helmet for my daughter, so ended here and found great things to know so far, now I want to build an entire armor for myself :D

Hi all. My name is Scott. I live in Houston, TX. A couple friends directed me to this site and prevented me from making a bad mistake on buying an armor outfit from some site that looks like a scam. So hopefully my questions can be answered here and I can find what I am looking for.

hello everyone,
My name is Ludwig Vasbinder ( alias COSdissey ) i'm 24 years old, i come from Belgium
Actually, i work on satrwars project helmet:
st 2.PNGst 3.PNGST 4.PNGST 8.PNGST 9.PNGST 10.PNGst 1.PNG
i make a lot of personnal creation like my armour ( on my profil pictures )
1507796_744001865715640_7219389123698925010_n.jpg10430051_744001895715637_869814469560069926_n.jpg11059870_744003855715441_7134882807946039446_n.jpg
Thanks for your patience

Hi everybody,

I'm found this forum trough google and i'm very exited about it. I'm a newbie prop collector and always looking for more.
I hope to get to know some new people here!

So hi everyone. Thought I should actually join after visiting this site so many times while researching various projects. So far I've largely made weapons and various small props from Anime and games. I've got quite a list ahead of me though, and it'll be great to be able to share them with others and maybe learn a few things to improve my prop making skills!

Hi everyone, just found this site.
Amazing stuff you guys got here, definitly an intresting read :)
Also a huge BTTF fan, i got a scale delorean, also a few transformers toys from the first movie (the best IMO)
And after watching the Equalizer, it seems he (Denzel) has the same watch as mine :D so that would be a prop ; )

Best regards

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back