Hi, I'm Maddy from Australia:)
This is the first forum I've been on before so I'm pretty excited! Last year I made a fairly basic Black Widow costume for Supanova in Sydney. I love Marvel and many other things and have seen some of the amazing work done making costumes on therpf before so I thought it would be a cool thing to join. Looking forward to seeing some further stuff from the great and talented people here:D

Hi there,
since I am lurking around for some time now and am admiring the awesome work other members are doing here I thought I would introduce myself. I'm Marius and am interested in making stuff. Most of my "projects" revolve around 3D-Printing and mechanical things. But I am also interestet in the artistic part in replicating props. My current projects have nothing to do with movies (RC-Airships and an Immersion Circulator), but since I read the book and the movie was announecd I am eyeballing "The Martian" as a source for my next project.
So, looking forward to meet some interesting people and see some great projects!

Greetings from Germany,
Marius

Hello everyone!
I've been cosplaying since 2012 and I've been on this site a couple of times since then. It's just today that I found out that I actually need help on one my cosplays this time and saw that I didn't have an account. So here I am, a lurker on TheRPF coming out of the cave and saying hello to all of you wonderful talented people. My cosplays in the past have been: Booker Dewitt, 11th Doctor, Marius Pontmercy, and Hunter S. Thompson. Happy to officially be with you all now.

Just joined and wow I didn't think there would be a forum like this out there came across this by accident as I'm currently searching for HIC panels or something close to it .looking at posts I'm pleased to see I'm not the only 1 who has an obsession with wanting to build a HIC lol ...hope to share story's n tips along the way .

Hello there RPF forum!
my name is Gary i like star wars,skateboarding,drawing and building light sabers, i from oklahoma city,OK, 25years old and looking to try some new types of prop building
it look like there is much to learn from this fourm, happy to be here!

Hi RPF'ers! I'm a long time cosplayer, doing mostly Star Wars and Marvel right now. I've done plenty of stuff outside of those universes, too, but I've been making Star Wars costumes since I can remember. My favorite thing about costume building is I almost always learn a new skill in the process. Captain America: leatherworking. Princess Leia: airbrushing. Raven: resin casting. You get the idea! I've been lurking on these forums for years and I've gotten countless tips, ideas, and inspirations from all of you. I figured it was time to say hi! So, hi :)

I am Kris AKA Turd Ferguson. I'm a former Army Infantryman of 6 years, airsoft tech/admin/store manager/player of 10 years, amateur astronomer and gun user/collector.

I've been a life long Trek and Star Wars fan. Also into a few other shows like Stargate and Firefly. I built my first props as a joke. My airsoft store coworkers and Iassembled TOS uniforms to wear to a large airsoft game on a military base as a sign of disrespect to the hosting team. Afterwards attending airsoft events in costume became a common occurrence when we disliked the home teams attitude or admin style. Nothing pisses off a team of cheaters or stolen valor posers more than being beaten by a team of nerds in costumes from TV shows or movies. This was also where I started building custom guns. I started with airsoft guns since I was very particular about my guns matching the costume but have since moved on to live firearm replicas.

Hi everyone! Been working as a Set Decorator for the past 5 years, always enjoyed this board, and happy to be here with little personal projects, like my 1964 Tomorrowland Jetpack I'm currently working on.

Hello,
I am a brand new member.
A friend of mine who has much more experience with costuming recommended I come here because I have a few costume ideas that I would like to make in the next few years.

I have NEVER made a costume to the level of quality that I am seeing on these forums so this should be interesting.

A few years ago I threw together a Silver Age Sandman costume that was very amateur:

IMAG0784.jpgIMAG0775.jpg

I produced the gun from a Boba Fett gun toy. Had to file off the sight and paint the entire thing black.
I added a few odds and ends to the gas mask.

I know it's not a great costume.

I am interested in producing a very customized Deathstroke costume for myself but lack quality costuming skills so will probably be buying most of the wardrobe and modding it with a friend's help.

Hello rpf forum,

I'm Paul, or as my forum name goes, Overhaul (being a Transformer fan among other things, I figure that might be my Autobot name).
Anyway, to tell you about myself:
Needless to say, I'm a geek (which I consider a good thing). I'm an electronics technician, and I've also been building models since I was a kid. I usually have some hobby or build I'm working on at any given point, albeit I haven't always followed through.
I grew up a big Star Trek and StarWars fan, and am a fan of many of the usual sci-fi movie/show series (Terminator, Aliens, BSG, Farscape, Firefly, ect..).
I also love superheros, and the cartoons and films that result. I am somewhat versed in the actual comic universe, but I can't claim to know too much more than the casual reader.
As for projects, I've never really done a whole lot in the costuming' prop scene yet. As my first cosplay project though, I have been working on a War Machine suit, which is somewhere around 40 -50% built out of card stock, and I'm currently beginning to resin much of what I have. I also have a Halo Assault rifle that also made using Pepakura; I'm done making the actual model, but I've decided to put it on hold until I'm done with the War Machine armor.

I found out about your site this past weekend when I was visiting a mini Make Fair, and ran into a member who had a few of his prop helmets on display. It was good to meet someone with the same hobby, and it also made me think I probably should be trying to get input from others who have actually done this sort of thing before, since thus far I've been building the armor by myself with no other input.

Anyway, I apologize for having posted already, I'm still learning my way around the forum, but I already started logging my progress in this thread:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=240600&p=3665520#post3665520

Looking forward to getting to know you folks:

Overhaul

Hello everyone! I would like to introduce myself, my name is Jon, i'm new to the world of costumes but not new to props and modeling. I have been lurking in the shadows on the RPF for sometime but I am now looking to join the community and start enjoying the art of crafting my Fandom!

Thanks,
Jon- aka panzerfas

Hi everybody,
so much fantastic and creative artwork here. Love it! I am Dennis, live in Germany and just startet with building my own costumes. I love to build stuff all on my own and hope to find some help here. THX to all for the great impressions

Hello everybody,
My name is Fred from The Netherlands. I have a Darth Revan costume from Wicked Armor. And I'm with the Dutch Garrison, SL-61854.
Currently I'm working on a new costume of Kylo Ren. Wich I hope to have finished before the premier in December :)
Grotefoto-K4P8SSKJ.jpg

Hello,

I've finally registered after months of lurking. I've been building helmets for a while, but very, very badly, then I stumbled across Atlanthia's thread on building a Stormtrooper bucket, something I had earmarked as my next project. Now I want to post my progress as a thank you, so I registered. I'll also post the process on my other builds, so everyone can see I'm not being modest, they really were not good!

Hello Everyone,

Lets see, I am a videographer by trade. Since childhood I have loved "making". Hoping to be very active in the forums and plan to create videos of my upcoming builds to help add to the zeitgeist.

Hello!
I'm more musican and digital painter (newbie painter ;) ) But this month I'm getting into creating some movie clothes and I hope I will find helpfull info here :)

Hello my name is Loco Max and im from Spain. My writted english its pretty bad and i discovered this thread today so i would like to introduce myself. My avatar seems to be a spanish soldier of ¨ultramar¨ post in Cuba and the Philippines about the end of the century XIX.

Hola a todos; muy buenas noches !! aqui en Barcelona Ahora Mismo es la 1:44 horas de la madrugada del viernes.Bien; me presento, me llamo Miguel Angel y la cuestion por La cual él Encontrado this web y mí él Registrado en ella es por mi hijo, Miquel de 6 años, yreconozco Que Yo tenia tambien ganas de Encontrar algo asi. El caso es Que mi pequeño es fan de los héroes del mundo de Marvel al Igual Que su padre, el Tiene La suerte de Verlos en pelicula; yo los Conocí A través del cómic. De Aunque la curiosidad del pequeño me Arrastra una las Bibliotecas párrafo buscar cómics de todos Ellos y ya Comienza un coleccionar algunos de ellos, aparte le fascinan las maquetas, ya sean dioramas o teledirigidas por RC Algo que tambien reconozco Que se lo he inculcado yo sin querer . Y por supuesto veo Que En Esta web nos pueden Ayudar y Estamos Dispuestos a Aprender de todos los Miembros de this gran comunidad. De Momento El Primer Proyecto en el cual sea nos embarcaremos los dos es la fabricacion de la armadura de Iron Man, bueno dos Una par Cada Uno. Sin mas por mi parte, un saludo a todos. Espero Que this project no hay mar el Único y Hagamos mas, ya de antemano muchas gracias.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back