Hello all,

I am a professional wood turner from Winston Salem, NC. I do all types of custom work from canes, pens to art work. ncwoodart.com is my webpage. I am looking forward to contributing & learning more about the art of building props. Techniques & tools for handling all the custom stuff you do is amazing! It is great to see all these think outside the box type ideas & sharing of information. Glad to be a part of this site.

Bill

Hello,

My name is Brian, and happy to be here. I have never done any props, but I just recently started making a Captain America suit through different "cosplay builders" (I think that's the right term). I really enjoyed it and have even had the opportunity to visit some kids at a Children's Hospital here at home. I really enjoyed it and would like to add a couple more hero costumes to rotate through for visits. I really wish I had the talent to pull of some of the things I've seen made on this page. Amazing! I look forward to meeting you guys and hope to learn something.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
Hi... My Name is John , I live in Maryland, at the Northern part of the Chesapeake Bay, in the US. I have been collecting Movie Props since around 2003 . In 2003, I became very interested in the Movie "Last Samurai", and began avidly collecting anything I could from this film. I purchased items at first from Ebay, then Backlot Props, until they sold to Abacus, then from Abacus directly until they went under in 2010. The Last Samurai, really drew me into in the field of collecting.
in 2011, I branched out to a variety of other films. I have collected items from Last Samurai, Hunger Games, Last AirBender, Star Trek, The Immortals, If I Stay,Batman Forever, and a variety of smaller films. Some that were filmed locally, and some with Actors that have performed in our Town, with House of Cards.
I am really excited to join the forum and talk to others who love this field, and the excitement that goes with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and salutations!

I found this forum when looking for sources to obtain the pieces to make my costume for a Post-order 66 republic commando that betrayed the new empire and saved his jedi officer. I look forward to getting advice and ideas from everyone.

See you around troopers.

Hello all,

I've been lurking for a while, but really want to get started building some props! No experience other than some CAD and 3D printing, so wish me luck!

Just wanted to say hello. My name is chris. I live in the united states. More specifically georgia. I have been building props and costumes for over two years. I have built from foam Helagak's starlord helmet and his mark 42 that was unfolded by Ironmaided. I made the HD war machine by Juice and unfolded by dubean33. I hobby build the things I like. I Have made my own unfolds for making foam builds super easy. I would be interested In unfolding some of the impressive work of the 3d artist here. I think maybe I would also like to learn modeling myself one day.

Hello, all.

I actually had heard about this site some time ago, but came here and registered because I'm working on a Sith costume for PAX Prime and I'm trying to figure out a lightsaber build. This will be my first Star Wars cosplay, and I'm pretty excited!

A bit about me: I'm a game developer living in the beautiful, sunny city of Seattle (lol) and video games and cosplay are my two primary hobbies. I have a kickass English Bulldog named Roxy who loves to try to eat bits of Worbla >.< and a large collection of wargaming models (Warhammer and Warmachine) but I don't play really as often as I should.

I've been trying to find someplace to buy supplies to build a lightsaber prop, and from what I hear The Custom Saber Store is it... but he is out of stock on EVERYTHING and I'm in a bit of a crunch... does anyone know of any other sites to buy supplies that are reliable? Or am I going to have to go with a prebuilt?

Thanks much in advance. :)

Greetings to all. Been enjoying the Facebook site images for a long time, decided to stick my nose in a little further...many years spent in aircraft sheet metal repair shops and now working on a scratch built star wars e-11 blaster as a first prop build. Happy building everyone.

Hi everyone!
Was directed here from the TARDIS Builders Forum after looking and drooling over Rebelscum's TARDIS build. Then I thought what the heck, so I joined up! I'm from Adelaide, South Australia and have built a 1980s TARDIS Console (from the Five Doctors), and have built a Tom Yardley-Jones Police Box from the same era. I'm currently working on a New Series Dalek with my friends who are members of the Australian Dalek Builders Union. I plan on building a 2010 Police Box and a K-9. Looking forward to looking over some of the magnificent work that's on here! Cheers. :)

Hello RPF community,

My name is Greg. A friend of mine recommended this forum and it sounded like a great place to get ideas and advice. Over two years ago we both got pretty heavy into cosplay and have started to look for ways to make more durable and realistic props other than just gluing a bunch of foam floor mats together and painting them. We are planning to make a bunch of diablo 3 costumes for next year. I also have a RWBY costume on the go.

Well that is about it for where I'm at. Looking forward to getting to know you all and seeing how I can up my game.

Thanks,
Greg

Hey,
So this is my first time joining one of these online forums. My brother is currently building a Clone Trooper suit and it made me want to build my own suit, but I am looking to build a Man of Steel suit. Any help would be much appreciated. I would like to have it completed by October. Again, any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. Im really looking for good places to start.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Good news everybody - Olaf signed in as well.
I'm a aerospace engineer from germany and mostly interested in science fiction props like the alien franchise and, firefly etc.
Been lurking for a while (actually several years) and don't have much to contribute but at least i show up in the statistcs now.:)

Hi there, Im Tammi and new here. I started out as a diehard SW fan back when the movies came out but as I grew older I turned to Star Trek. My biggest project to date is a functioning replica of Capt, Kirks chair from the Original Star Trek. https://youtu.be/UC0Lh_2BVR8
I am going to make a Darth Vader costume for myselfe so any help is apreciated.

Hi everybody, Kristofer here! Just started my Han Solo ANH Blaster build for my Han Solo ANH costume ... Just missed the latest run of Dark Energy parts thought :( But i'll give it a go any way. Will try to create Lara Crofts holster while i'm at it! :) Been collecting vintage Star Wars action figures for a long time. I've alson been building a home theater where my Han Solo Blaster amongst other future build props will be displayed http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...450535-my-swedish-home-built-home-cinema.html

Hope to learn a lot in here!

Hi! I'm a seamstress and I recently migrated from making kids cosplay and face-painting to adult cosplay and theatrical makeup. My first attempt was Captain Jack Sparrow with period-patterns and digitally printed fabric - unfortunately I lost the photo's (along with my phone BOOO!) otherwise I would share. Someone just started a geeks group on FB with the aim of holding a Comicon type affair in our local area so I'm currently attempting Peter Quill's short leather jacket from Guardians of the Galaxy and I wouldn't mind attempting his (less popular) canvas flight jacket next. You can watch some of my progress here:
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles...lection=all_collection&sub_action=new_profile

Hello, everyone. I have been making costumes fr aa few years now. I have worked mainly in cloth and leather. I recently spied a few posts on working with EVA foam and am itching to give it a shot. I attend Dragon*con regularly and have seen some awesome costumes. Not sure what I want to build just yet. Any ideas on a good starter build? Most of my work has been pirates and steampunk, but I feel I can branch out.

Hi everyone, I am working on my first build, part of an Avengers theme for our Family for halloween. I have never built any props or costumes before, so a lot of the info I am finding on here is going to be very useful. I am excited to push the limits of my creativity and develop new skills. From what I have seen so far, this really looks like an awesome community. Every seems to encourage everyone else, so I look forward to being a part of this!

Hi i'm Christina. I'm a graphic designer from europe with a huge love for video games, movies and too many tv shows.

Soon (i hope) i will be able to post the projects under execution such as my lord of the rings middle earth map, a nice boba fett helmet and a couple costumes.
( I'm still a noob at this things of forums and prop making.... soooo dont be harsh :) )

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back