Heyo, I'm Nat, I'm graduating from college in 17 days and I'm already eyeing what to use up my free time on! I'm really determined to start a Saint Seiya cosplay and I see RPF is an endless pot of resources for cosplay armor hell.

I'm Edmund Ervin a budding sculptor, my goal is to be able to build props for stage and film. I am currently working on my BA and will eventually like to start my own production company.

Hello, I am Don and from Michigan. You can find a lot of my cosplays on Facebook under "Michigan Cosplayer". This is my most recent work that I am doing. 11116521_763263710459350_3125193912199819148_n.jpg

Hi, Jon here, been a fan since '93 (1st local con) and started doing costumes around then. Then a few years ago I did a costume for DragonCon and it was only recently that I found this forum. Now I'm wanting to "up my game" and do something really cool.

Hello All!

Once upon a time I was an avid cosplay and costume designer, but have been a bit thrown back in the past 4 years as work has gotten the better of me, the world of AAA games development has been a long process, and now want to get back into it, and I feel that now is the time to shine and finally make something I can get my hands on again!

Sooo....London is hosing the secret cinema event for Star Wars Empire Strikes back. It's going to go all out I reckon, possibly more popular than the back to the future experience they did last year. I really want to make something within the next few months to go in cosplay, and for that I may need some help from the much more experienced guys such as yourselves.

I was thinking of creating the xwing pilot for my partner, and for myself, well, perhaps a female version of Han Solo? (There will be 100s of Leia's so want to do something a bit different)

I would LOVE to build the xwing pilot helmet using the pepakura method, but can't for the life of me find a file (Attempted Fierfek's files but doesn't seem to be available anymore) If anyone can help me find one, I will be eternally grateful, and very thankful, with a cyber hug! And will of course, document all my progress as I go along.

Nessa x

Hello,

I'm a 40 something SF fan who's been working on a full size exterior TARDIS for over 9 years (which I've documented over at the TARDIS Builders website). Recently I've been thinking about trying to make some Zorkmids and decided to join this site.

Colin

Hey everyone!My name is Gus.I am the owner of a small workshop in Greece and specialize in practical SFX and props.I have watched the rpf for quite some time via FB and decided to join .I worked on a couple of feature films (fantasy -horror) as the main sfx and props tech.I also do work on theater and short films and go as far as to construct sets or set pieces.Ive done my share of mistakes and goofs so i'm a firm believer of trial and error thesis..Nice to meet ya all!!!!

Hello all!
My name's Carlos, and I'm a complete newbie in all things prop. I'm trying to craft a Spartan costume for an event, and still trying to figure out the Pepakura thing... It looks like I'm going to have a ton of fun. :)
Nice to be here.

Hello!!
I'm so excited that I can be a part of this community now!! I've been doing research on here and can't wait to hear input from all of you!!

Hello all,

I've been watching this site for a few years, just never posted. Decided it was time to fix that. :)

I'm currently in school for welding, machining, and mechanics. I've worked as a blacksmith, gymnastics, and in the Haunted House industry. I've done a lot of costumes and props, but I want to step up my game.

Current Projects:
Steel Ironman suit (I mean it's made of steel)
Steampunk Ironman
Steel Thor's Hammer
Alucard from Helsing

Hello!

I discovered this site through the recommendation of Adam Savage, and have sought and found quite a bit of help here before creating my account.

I'm a 13 year old prop and costume enthusiast and have been building props on occasion for 2(?) years now. I have recently started costuming at the latest Wondercon Anaheim, this year I went as a plague doctor and a Cobra Public Relations trooper! My sister is the one who really got me into this entire thing, and boy, I'm glad she did; This hobby is awesome. I believe my first prop was a Little Sister syringe from Bioshock (pic below!). Mid last year I created an Attack on Titan costume that never saw the light of day, but it was a great learning experience building it. Anyhow, I'm incredibly excited to become a part of this amazing community and get better at this hobby I love oh-so-much.

Joe

Hello,
I'm 25 and French fan of 70-90's Sci-fi movies (Tron, SW, Terminator, Abyss, Close Encounter, E.T., ...)
Like most people here, I searching some inspritation, informations and pictures to making props.

Greetings. The name's Kydasu. Ky for short. I've been into cosplay and cosplay fabrication for quite some time now. Finally decided to take it to the next level and embrace a community dedicated to it. I hope to learn many things, and eventually, in time, pass on all that I have learned as many aspiring fabricators have before me. I look forward to creating many great things with you all.

Hi! I'm kevin and I've stalked this site a few times and I am a member of the Mandalorian Mercs group and hang with the 501st a lot. Decided to throw my hat into a bigger ring though.
I've been re-reading kommisar's Barioth build thread from the monster hunter games (the thread is old, but still full of amazing detail) I figured I'd try to see if I can improve and put my own spin on it. I'll be starting my build thread this week so stay tuned!

Hi! I'm Megan, I've been consistently coming back to this forum for references and friends being featured so I finally made an account. I've made many super hero body suits (50+ pattern pieces depending on the costume and no DPI but here is to trying that someday) for both men and women and I am about to go to school and take design courses . Besides sewing I've made a few props but I really hope to expand and grow as well as possibly contribute to helping others in this community with my experience.

Hi, my name is David, from Valladolid (Spain). I'm a big fan of 80's movies, E.T., Goonies, Star Wars, Indy etc... I come to this site for some inspiration on making some props. Thanks to all by our works.:p

Hello all!
My name is Sebastian, and I'm from Sweden! I'm also known as SebvirartZ and The Swedish Scarecrow! I'm a cosplayer since March 2nd 2014, and I mostly focus on horror. I'm a big fan of Star Wars, DC, Aliens, Silent Hill and much much more, I tend to make a lot of masks all the time, so my main character focus lies with the incredible villain, Jonathan Crane, aka The Scarecrow which is a Batman villain who loves psychology. Just like me.

I found the page through looking at images of another person's Scarecrow cosplay, which was awesome. And thought; This page seems like a good place. Good people and stuff! So I joined! Probably not going to be super active since I have a DeviantART, a Facebook and an Instagram page to keep track of already, but I'll do my best to post!

Hello RPF,

My name is Nathaniel, I'm from Colorado, I'm into buying and making props from popular movies, and games.

Sorta new to the RPF been a member since January 2015, made a thread about two months ago, asking for help to make a replica Scout costume from the game Team Fortress 2.

Going to my first Comic Con in about a months time, in Denver.

Huge fan of anything BTTF, Star Wars, Gravity Falls, movie props, and of course TF2 related and a ton more.

Trying to be more active and post more to the RPF.

Any ideas would help a huge amount on my tf2 thread.

Hey RPF,

My name is Mary and I'm from London
I'm fairly new at making my own stuff so I'm not particularly good at it at the moment - hopefully I'll get better though!

I'm into a wide variety of things really, ranging from movies to games. Right now my current cosplay queue mostly consists of cinematic Marvel stuff including Sif, Heimdall and Ironman :p

I prefer prop making to sewing and I'm going to start my first Pepakura project over the summer. Planning on asking for advice before I start and browsing through the treads to get any helpful tips and the like ^^

I tend to visit London Comic Con mostly but I'm trying to branch out to the rest of the UK as well, I guess I'll stay quiet for now until exam season is over - but after that I'll try to start posting often~

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back