Hello there! I'm a new member as far as 10 minutes ago. I was introduced to Sci-Fi conventions 13 years ago. I of course soon after, got into costume making. Star Wars is at the top of our list as well as Star Trek. We are venturing out to other genres. I am here to learn so much more about the costume world :) And props!

I'm Eric and I just got interested in Pepakura so here I am. I've collected Star Wars since 1977, cards and figures and Sideshow Collectibles since they released their first SW figure. As a scifi fan my interests are vast but my bank account isn't, so I try to stick close to SW and Predators as well as some Iron Man for Sixth and Quarter scale. I am just about ready to put paint to my first Pep, a Pred P2 Boar mask and have started a Republic Commando Helmet as well. Happy to be here.

Hello! My name is Kathryn. I've been a cosplayer for about seven or eight years now. I recently got into pepakura and tried to make my first piece about a year ago (Mass Effect helmet...except I didn't know to scale it so it was way too big). I have since then made a Skyrim: Iron armor build and am working towards one day making the inevitable Iron Man build!

Hey everyone! I signed up after hearing about this site on Tested. Com a few times and decided to check it out.
I was an industrial design major in college and I'm always making things and getting ideas from Pinterest and instructables for different techniques and such.
I haven't built any prop type things since I was in middle school and made a yugioh arm deck thing out of Lego's but I recently realized that making props would be a great way to hone my precision in various skills and also give me something awesome as an end result.
I look forward to learning some stuff from the members here and sharing some tips myself. I'll see you around!

Hi All :)

I'm Kate and I'm a lurker/admirer of work over on the Facebook page and thought it was time I finally signed up :)

I run UK-based Chompworks with my husband Andy, and we model and 3D print props of all shapes and sizes - it's nice to meet you all!

Hello to everyone! I have been a casual convention visitor for a while and I'm always so jealous of other peoples costumes. I heard of this site through many of people I'd talk to and I decided it's high time I make my own costumes. I'm trying to start with a good web head suit. let me know any ideas you would like to share. I am eager to learn :D

Hi everyone,

I've lurked on this site for a while and finally decided to make an account! I've only really done paper props, but want to learn how to make some cool stuff! I'm incredibly impressed with the talent that posts on here!

Hello,

im super glad to be here, the creativity here is amazing ! I have built Ghost Busters stuff and I am gonna try my hand at a foam iron man costume. Thanks for having me :)

Hello RPF !! Awesome to be here - I'm Ron - into TOS BSG, Buck Rogers, Pacific Rim, Stargate / SG-1, WWII to name a few. Looking forward to picking peoples brains on a great many things !

Hey everyone! I'm completely new to replicas and prop building. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos and I'm completely hooked on the idea of making some replica props. I'm not new to making, but the level of detail and sophistication required for quality replicas will take some time to build my skill level to. That said, my interests for props are the Quentin Tarantino Universe, the Star Wars Universe, Firefly/Serenity, Kung Fu weapons and costumes (Crouching Tiger, Iron Monkey, 36th Chamber, etc) and anything related to the American Revolution era (The Patriot, John Adams series, The Crossing, etc).

After reading through some threads on here, I realize just how little I know and that excites me! Can't wait to build my first replica!

Last edited:
Intro and advice:

Hello,

My name is Josh and I am new to this forum. I recently was introduced to the technique of pepakura and want to use it for an upcoming project. I am not designing a costume instead I am making a to scale 3d model of a sculpture and looking to this forum for expert advise.

The sculpture below is an assemblage of cubes. I am looking for any guidance someone might have in converting my sketch up model to perakura designer. I am completely oblivious to how designer works and seek anyone's advise of where to go next or who to ask for further help.

Thanks Again
. unnamed.jpg

Hi my name is Sofia and someone asked me to look at this site to check out a custom he is planning to buy. I had helped him maintain his Iron man suit and I am very much into learning how to expand my creativity. I haven't explore this site but hope to be a part of this talented community. Thank you.

Howdy

I'm looking around as I contemplate costumes for future conventions. Hubby and I plan on dressing up (although not as a couple). I have a few ideas and I'm gearing up to do some mock-ups. I figured this would be a great place to gather information on the technical aspects of sewing things like lycra and jersey. I know how to sew pretty basic materials- both hand and on machine. I know how to draft patterns. I also know how to custom dye any material to pretty much any color using acid based dyes. I also do a bit of wet felting. Currently I'm drafting the pattern for a sweater that is directly inspired by Spider-Gwen's awesome costume. I'm fat so buying a costume for myself that fits properly and doesn't look horrible is almost impossible. Adapt and overcome, though! :)

Hey everyone,
New guy here. I know pretty much next to nothing about prop making, but I've gotten really interested in it over the last year or two. About a month or two ago I talked to a friend of mine about Mr. Fusion and all of a sudden I wanted a Mr. Fusion of my own. So after a couple of minutes on eBay I ended up being the lucky owner of a Krups 223a. Unfortunately, it turned out to be orange.
So yeah, I'll probably end up asking a whole bunch of dumb questions, but I will of course go through every single Mr. Fusion thread (and I've already found quite a lot) before asking which paint I should use to cover up the orange color of the coffee grinder and where I should get my Mr. Fusion stickers from etc. :)

Hello,

I'm Mickie I found this forum because I search things about Harry Potter

sorry for my English, I'm French

Hello my name is Werner and I come from Germany. I am truly professional figures modeller. But I love Star Wars and also this forum. There is much to learn, and I am pleased to be here. Since I also have the Hasbro falcon.

Hello all,

I have been costuming for around 10 years. I have never branched heavily into props which is why I am here; to up my game. Everyone here does great work and I have learned a lot just in my time lurking. I am excited to be attending my first DragonCon this year and look forward to seeing some of you there.

Hey, everybody!

I came across this page after trying to start an ESB Boba Fett build and I found this and The Dented Helmet. I've been lurking for about a year now and finally decided to make an account. I just started costuming and it's super fun and I've really found myself immersed in the hobby. I've learned quite a bit from a lot of posts, tutorials and countless hours of trial and error.
Currently I'm building a Hunter from Destiny with all Crota's End Raid armor. Wish me luck!

Hi, Paul Pape from Paul Pape Designs. Been a custom fabricator of collectibles for the last 10 years. Been getting into more than one-offs lately and thought I would join you all. Great group!

Hello all. Newbie to the forum. I'm a mask and statue collector but I've recently become interested in scaled Star Wars ships. Lots to look at here.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back