Hi all.
I'm Doykim, french, 41, and not very good in inglish (i'm french...yet said, no ??)
I'm "specialized" in model kit, garage kit, and from not so long, in papercraft.
I'm trying to make a cosplay of Duke Fleed for a coworker, and I discovered this forum by a member of a french forum called "Anigetter", following PDO made by JF Custom...
I'm here to learn a lot, I have 2 months to finish this cosplay :wacko

Hi, from Texas. I'm David and I've been coming back and forth to this site learning cool ideas and seeing how well this community really helps each other to achieve goals of each other and figured it was time to at least introduce myself.

Hello Everyone. My name is Joao Carvalho. I am originally from Brazil but i live in the USA for the last 6 years. I love here and i plan staying here forever. I am into horror movies. I make Friday the 13th masks and now i am working on putting together a leatherface costume. I love movies, art and photography. Thanks.

Hey guys. Im Tim. I have creeped around this forum for years. I decided to finally join! Im into star wars, so I make lightsabers here and there. And im currently interested in making a captain America shield soon. So hope to learn some great tips and one day maybe being of some value to the community

Greetings from Arizona.

I made my very first prop (a brass guantlet) a couple months ago for a steampunk convention. And now I'm hooked. 2 more works in progress and plans for 3 more.

I love building with metal. I think that will be my preffered medium. Especially since armor looks good when it's made out of actual metal LOL

Hi all

I stumbled on some youtube videos on how to build an ironman helmet and after doing a bunch of research thought I could give it a go. So I'm halfway through pepping a mark 39 helmet file. I think i made it too big on the scale (i measured my head and scaled the model so the hole in the bottom was the right size. now i'm think that i should of taken the measurements from my ears to inside ears of the helmet). Am i supposed to be able to get my head in and out of the paper version?

Anyway I'm super excited to get going on this

Thank you for inspiring me

uh hey rpf! my name is josh and im from texas! just got here to the rpf, heard about it for a while just never got around to getting myself on here. im just your average nerd who loves to build cool stuff. my first armor project was a simple mandalorian costume. my current project is building an ironman MK 6 armor. i am fully completed with just afew touchups lefts and id love to post some pics to get some feedback!

Hi folks,

I've come across the site a few times now in search of various costume ideas and help. It's wonderful knowing there's a massive community to help with suggestions and offer their own experience etc

I'm a big costuming fan and love doing projects on either taking the simplest of costumes and doing mods on them to achieve the professional look, without having to spend a fortune or getting a good looking cheap alternative!

Current project is Spiderman and upgrading one of the Zentai suits. I've seen some great ideas on here and hopefully these will help! Also will be searching for the best lenses out there for the mask!

Going to be great being a part of what this community is about :)

Hi guys,

New member here, I'm a really big fan of all things mech from transformers to gundam. I also do cosplay for them and I will be posting my creations soon. Glad to find that this forum exists.

Hello, I'm Ozzy Millz. I create costumes, props, and sfx makeup. I'm also an actor and avid horror fan. I hope to share my experiences and learn some things from the lovely folks here.

Hi Everyone Im Dan from the UK its very exciting being on here and I hope i can contribute in some way, I am a regular on the dented helmet but Im moving from star wars props to more Marvel and DC stuff,

Greetings from the frigid Michigan swamps! My name is Aaron, I don't do too much in the way of prop building anymore but when I was in high school I was obsessed with Sci-Fi and Fantasy which led to my love of props, costumes, cosplay, and the people that make them. I am usually a savage lurker but I would like to get more involved in the community discussions as well as making my own props and costumes. I still have much to learn when it comes to building but I am hoping that increase involvement will help with that.

Hey everybody, my name is Will and I've been cosplaying for about 5 years now. I'm looking to delve deeper into costume and prop building. I found this forum looking for help with my Winter Soldier cosplay and I'm very excited to start working on it.

Well, I lurked for a couple years like others, then joined a couple months ago. Started with MR star wars replica props and have expanded my horizons here and at rebelscum. I have most of the MR blasters, several parksabers, a decent life-sized r2, rubies yoda, Illusive concepts HIC (yes, the centerpiece of our living room), and quite a few neat pieces from members of the forum. decided to join bobadebts' ROTJ han blaster build which is why I jumped on board. I was there at the begining. I saw ANH 10 times the summer it came out. I could not stay away from the dollar twilight show. I have probably watched it 100 times since on VHS/DVD/BD. Love this community and have learned alot about the props from the movies I love.

BTW, mods why do I only have 2 posts when I have posted over a couple dozen? Am I still a "new member"? I seems I joined over two months ago.

cheers.

Mike

I'm recently registered here, mostly because of the 8th Doctor sonic screwdrivers that have just been on offer. I'd not heard of this forum before a friend mentioned the sonics to me. At this point, I'm don't consider myself a huge replica prop person. I'm halfway through building a Dalek, but have been stalled for years unfortunately.

I wouldn't mind doing a B5, R2D2 or some more Dr Who robots eventually but for the moment family life takes more than all of my time and money.

As for my background, I work with computers and I love woodworking and Meccano (Erector). I'm pretty hopeless at fibreglass and marginal with metal.

- Pauli

Hey there, fellow Prop Makers and Like-Minded Replica Enthusiasts!

My name is Dan and I'm pretty fresh to using forums and doing props in general. My hands have only gotten dirty on a few small scale products, so I'm really hoping to get deep in the site here to better understand builds and possibly suck up a good deal of knowledge from all the geniuses and wizards I've seen on the site so far. Most of my prop building has been focused around costumes and replicas from the video game series The Legend of Zelda. I've got a lot of room for improvement (and by a lot, I mean A LOT), but I hope what little knowledge and technique I have can help someone else out.

Hopefully I won't be too much a bother with questions! Can't wait to start learning and getting to know you all!

-LuffyDan

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back