Hi, I'm new here. I joined because there are a lot of talented people that I can learn new ways to do things. I'm specifically interested in building helmets ( iron man, master chief, Boba fett, storm troopers, scout trooper, clone trooper, dead pool, red hood) but occasionally I build props too. I am new though so any and all help is much appreciated.

My inbox says "Here is the message That one guy posted"

Hahahahahaa xD Nice name, bro. xD

Hello everyone,

My name is Johny. My family has been costuming for a long time. It started out with themes for Halloween. We would choose something like Harry Potter, Star Wars, Final Fantasy, etc. and cobble together costumes because we never liked the cheap store bought stuff. Eventually we learned of conventions in our area and decided to try competitive cosplay. My wife does all the sewing, but I do all the propwork. Recently I've decided to open myself up to commission work (at the insistence of some and hesitant excitement on my own part). I've known about the RPF for a long time, though I just joined recently, and I'm looking forward to participating in everything that people have going on and sharing my own work.

I have a lot of projects on my table:
Just finished a Battlestar Galactica Gun
Raistlin's Staff of Magius from Dragonlance
Weapons, Armor and Accessories for five separate Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn characters

I plan on posting my build write up for the BSG Gun soon, when I have time

Hi All,

My name is Mark, Im 47 and I am from Southern NH. I have been building models and doing paper and wood crafts for years, When I was in my teens, I was involved in costumes , Boston Scifi con, etc. I have always been a fan of Fantasy movies and love the LOTR, Hobbit, Harry Potter books and movies as well as countless other sci-fi movies and shows. I have wanted to make an Aragorn Ranger type costume for years, and I have begun.. I am making the bracers from craft foam & vinyl, leather, I started making a chain male shirt as well as a suede jerkin. It is a lot of fun and keeps the hands nimble. I am hoping to meet more folks from the area on here too. Take care

I'm from the Annapolis Valley in NS Canada. My cosplaying has been very limited, it was never even something I thought I would attempt until recently. I've been a Blade Runner fan since I first saw the film in the early 90's and became addicted to cyberpunk through it. One thing I remembered most from Blade Runner was Deckards unique trench coat. I absolutely fell in love with it and always remarked to people over the years how I would love to own that iconic coat. It wasn't until a couple years ago I discovered just how much of a cult following Blade Runner had. Through ebay I ended up buying a cheap cosplay Blade Runner coat, but it wasn't the true deal. I discovered Abbyshot and ended up buying their V2 Blade Runner coat which I absolutely love. Then I also discovered that Indy Magnoli also offered a variant of the coat and I recently obtained one of those. From there, through the help of ebay I've pretty much assembled an entire screen accurate Blade Runner Deckard outfit which I guess is my first true cosplay outfit. I still need the blazer which I will likely get from Indy Magnoli in the future.

I've become a fan of movie coats and have actually assembled a collection of long coats inspired from film and video games. Some notables in my collection are the Aiden Pearce Watch Dogs coat, the Clive Owen 'Shoot Em Up' leather coat, the Kirill green coat from The Bourne Identity, Neo's Matrix long coat, the David Tennant Dr Who long coat, the Captain Jack Harkness military trench. I still have a lengthy list of coats to acquire, from Sin City trench coats to Abbyshot's upcoming Firefly browncoat.

Some other cosplay's I've been toying with are various types of Street Samurai from Shadowrun. It's hard to obtain replica firearms in Canada and I've actually had Canada Customs confiscate replica pistols I've ordered before so I suspect some outfits will remain incomplete. I did manage to obtain a replica of Robocop's modified beretta pistol which in the Shadowrun universe is an Ares Predator Mark I pistol and also works well as a Snatcher pistol. As a cyberpunk fan I've almost got a complete Gillian Seed 'Junker' outfit from Hideo Kojima's 'Snatcher' assembled using Abbyshot's Deckard Trench as Gillian's coat because it is identical in color.

Hi. I'm Bill. I live in Asheville, NC. I'm mostly into Batman but am working on some other DC stuff and possibly BSG or Buck Rogers in the future.

I have a home made (pieced together) Batman Begins suit and am in the process of piecing together a Clooney/Kilmer Panther suit.

I am also starting a Helmet of Nabu for Dr Fate.

Hello every one! My name is Manuele R., but everyone knows me as Manovello! I'm a Graphic designer based in Sicily(Italy), and in my free time, i like to make props and nerd stuffs! It's long time that i follow this forum, and now i decided to join! Good work to everyone!!!=D

Hello everyone!

Im a huge fan of props and prop making. im building a Captain America shield and his suit. bit of a lengthy project but its something i enjoy doing

Forgive my forum manners, I didn't see this thread until now. Another lurker that has done different costumes in the past for Halloween and such. Haven't done any costuming in a long time, but wanted to get back into it with some friends. Started off with a canon Stormtrooper about 12 years ago and have since done a Custom Mandelorian, Dread Pirate Roberts, Indiana Jones, Man With No Name, Capt. Jack Sparrow and some other things here and there. Easing back into costuming with a LoneStarr costume to accompany a couple friends who do Barf and Dark Helmet. Going to Wondercon in a couple weeks which will be my first Con in about 6 years.

Hi am a new member of the forum, but have heard about it for a while. I teach technical theater at a small college. I have been doing that for about 15 years.

Hi there! I'm Justin.

The only proper costuming that I've ever done was late last year, taking a shot at a Venom costume. I was pleased with my results, but I have plans to improve it. I started researching methods to achieve what I'm looking for, and that landed me here. =D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I ran into this site while searching for an aluminum Captain America shield. This is literally the best site I have found and am overwhelmed by the immense talent here. I can't wait to try out so,e of your ideas and coming up with my own!

Hi

I'm Michael

Seen some awesome movie costumes here and wanted to register directly
maybe i'll build my own someday :)

Hello Hello to all!!!....I have been following the RPF quietly (kinda like a ninja)..and I have been blown away with inspiration and awe!
I am a huge IronMan Freak! and I have been in the process of building my suit for quite some time.. I will start posting progress before too long.
I am also working on a whole line of Mortal Kombat suits...super excited!
I just got back from Wizard World St. Louis Comic-Con..so if anyone has any questions about that or suit building I would be more than happy to share what little knowledge I have
Thanks!!!!!
NAMNORI

Greetings!

Ive been a lurker on the boards for a few months after I found it when looking for some props to get my wife (Currently working on a Boushh costume!) I am in the military, stationed overseas in Germany and enjoying life as we know it. Ive fiddled with making my own props, mostly getting toys and modifying them to look like something else like Nerf guns and whatnot. I really wish I would have found this forum back then but glad I found it now. This place seems like a great community and I look forward to participating and hopefully contributing to this wonderful group!

Soon Ill be making a thread on a project I am working on and hopefully get some pointers from you experts along the way!

Thanks and hope to hear from you all!

Hey. Been lurking for several months and gleaning what info I can. The next step for me is to actually start participating in the community. I'm working on some pretty involved stuff for a con at the end of the year with a lot of stuff I've never done before, so you'll see a build thread from me eventually, once I clean up my workspace enough to take pics I'm not embarrassed by, lol.

I've been into cosplay for the last few years (taught myself to sew, etc) but am looking to level up my costuming with doing more prop building and with material integrity. I've been recently getting into stuff like leatherwork and prosthetic sculpting. I have way too many hobbies, heh.

Greetings and salutation from the sunny isles of England! (Yhea, right!)

My name is Xander, a new face to the forums and prop making combined!

I've made a few little things here and there for puppetry work as well as clothing modifications, but never really built much outside of that. Though, I hope to soon change all that with some up coming projects I wish to make in both the armor and mask variety.
Hoping through these forums to meet other like minded individuals and perhaps even get hints, tips and material sources from other makers.. never made a full head mask before, so help with that would be champion to no end!

Look forward to getting to know you folks, and to getting my hands into the fabric of prop building!

Hi everybody,

I am a refugee of the digital world. After spending a decade + building practical models, puppets and props I fell down the digital hole for almost 20 years. Getting my hands dirty is still my passion and I want to join all you like minded artists.

Always more to learn and much to share.

My name is Henry but you'll know me as Hank-o-matic.

Hello everbody!

I have been a big lurker for a few years since 2011, but never actually made an account. I lurked alot on the 405th and had an account there as well.
I once made an NCR-Ranger costume as a first time.Had a lot of fun making it and loved it!I have been away from making costumes for a while and am planning to get back on it because i feel like doing it again.

Anyway nice to meet ya'll!

Hello, everyone!

I'm a creative director that likes to take a hands on approach to developing designs and costumes for my projects. My current project is a fantasy web show I've been working on. You can see some of the pictures of our costumes by scrolling down on the Kickstarter page here: kck.st/1lsJnqQ

I also will be doing frequent updates to show the process of building our props and costumes.

Thanks for having me!
Ian
www.facebook.com/orphanshow

Hi! I'm somewhat new to prop-making, but it's a logical progression for me... I'm currently repainting my son's original Captain America shield. He carried it around so much that the plastic was showing through. I'm interested in Fallout props at the moment, but I'm a fan of many more things, so it kind of depends on what my current interest is (or my family's current interests, since I have the most experience with hand and power tools).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back