Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi All!

Big-time Trekkie here (I prefer Trekker, but I think I've lost that battle).

I've always been pretty poor, so I only have a few Star Trek props/toys/models, and most of my props are in pretty poor condition, either because of use/misuse or they came that way.

I have an '80s convention special TOS Phaser II which is in desperate need of refurbing and an '80s convention special TOS Communicator. I also have what looks to be a recast ST:III Phaser. A pretty poor one at that, but it was all I could afford at the time.

I also have a passion for the Refit Enterprise (No bloody A) and plan on scratch-building a 1/144 scale model of my own.

Recently my husband and I acquired a 4x8 CNC router (thanks, mom and dad!) which we now have set up in our garage...er...shop. Our primary focus will be signs and cat towers, but I'd like to make some props for myself, too. I don't have the hand-eye coordination to sculpt anything by hand because of past insulin overdoses (really messed with my head), so I plan on modeling everything on my PC and sculpting on my router. I have decent 3d modeling skills and a pretty good eye for detail, though I'm not the fastest.

The ST:III props are my favorites, but I'd also like a TNG Cricket Phaser and various TOS props.

I can't sew to save my life, but my ultimate goal is to have a screen-accurate Monster Maroon. I have all the pins and even two sets of the now-discontinued chain (One set is 25 years old and one was bought in a panic when I couldn't find my old chain after I found out it had been discontinued, and no, you can't buy it from me :p ), but not the skills to create it myself. I'll need to commission that one.

My husband actually has a lot more prop-building experience than I do, but I figure with my 3d modeling skills and his hand-building abilities, combined with our router we could be a force to recon with. :lol:

I've had several of my miniatures and some full-size Dalek parts 3d printed at Shapeways, so I'm familiar with that process, as well.

Looking forward to taking part in these fora and showing off any future progress I make!

Hi there!
I'm mostly a 1:6 collector/customizer, but, as NYCC is approaching I was really thinking of going in style and costuming up. Naturally, this seemed to be the place to go to see what might be possible and what is available.

Other than that, I really love seeing what people are able to make that comes out so awesome and accurate.

Hello! Greetings from Ukraine! :cool Yes, Ukraine))
I am 25 years old, I work as a masseur in spa-salon and sometimes at home. All my free time i like to ride on my bike, singing in my band, write songs, music and texts. Also i like to make masks, moto-helmets, amour and other superheroes stuff:D
If you want know more - write my a letter to e-mail, or leave a comment on my first post. Cheers for all members of this site.:thumbsup

Last edited:

Hey everybody,

I heard about this website from Stealth's youtube channel and so i checked it out and got started on iron man mark 6 but i kind of didnt finish and now i want to build (sometime in the near future): Pacific Rim jaeger pilot armor, and Halo armor.

Hey all,

I'm an engineer at work, so I figured why not be one for fun too? I hope that my props will turn out well, this community seems like an excellent resource!

Love,

glurman

Hello everyone not sure what to say. I should probably get a forum avatar and stop lurking.

Hello fellow costumers and prop makers!

I love this art and craft, i'll post some of my completed works soon.

Hello !
I am a long time visitor to the RPF and finally decided to make an account. My interests include photography, illustration, skateboarding, and listening to trippy music.
I love watching movies of all sorts and dig prop making. I am excited to be a part of the community.

Hey, Guys!
At first, I'm from Germany, so my english knowlegde is only from School! I love Harry Potter, the books and the films, but the Merchandise of Harry Potter is very expensive, and I think, too expensive, so I search on YouTube, for Harry Potter selfmade ideas, and found a link to this page. And so I'm here, my Prop interess is only Harry Potter. I can't Show you my collection, because I haven't any photos yet.

Bye!

Hello All
Just joined less than 24 hours ago and I am really enjoying the forums. I recently started a hobby of mod-ing Nerf Guns and love it! Here are my two cosplay guns that I made for my steampunk black widow.
dyzeve7y.jpg
3e7u8y5u.jpg
atanyded.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hello,
I'm a Star Wars guy myself, but stumbled upon this site while looking for a good way to do a spiderman costume. Great people, awesome ideas and unbelievably creative. Been browsing longer than I've been a member

Hi all! New here and to the hobby! Been in the shadows for a while reading some great posts and decided to join. Got a lot of interests, some are Carpentry, car restoration, Home projects (everything from hanging a picture to building a large two story addition with new kitchen), Milsim Airsoft, and love Iron Man. Hoping this will be a good replacement for when funds are low and cold weather doesn't permit me to work on my car restoration project. I hope to post up progress when I have time. Hope I'm up to the challenge!!!

Hi RPF! I'm a costume enthusiast and a huge fan/lurker of this board. I'm getting more and more intense with my builds, so I figure I belong here if I intend to learn how to do things properly. In the past I've cosplayed Darth Maul, Mal Reynolds, and my favorite, Bender Bending Rodriguez:

7JgZeNk.jpg

I'm considering doing the Iron Patriot or War Machine next, and I can't wait to start posting my progress. Glad to be here!!!

-Steve

Predatom was the name

Hello... long time member stepping out of the shadows again. Probably since 2003 really. Went under a different handle. I wasn't outspoken here so much... sorta just blended. But was always blown away by the talent. I did however stand out on another brother board.. The Hunters Lair. One of its first and founding members and one of its first moderators next to Andrew (kithunter). Back then being very hard to find any original or quality predator gear. But in time we grew to find quite a bit. In fact I own a lot of predator gear molded from the original stuff... even a pull of the Predator suit from Batman Deadend fan film from Sandy Collora... who is also a friend. Which was also painted in the dead end main pred "colors" for me by Mr. Univrsal Designs himself David Pea... Or DavidYR1 another great guy and freind....Amongst other goodies. Really a bunch of great guys... Oh and Larry Kidd was also a person who stands out to me too. Yo Mr. Fett you too. I really had fun over there at the Lair.

The reason for the departure. One day the whole online board thing got soured for me. During my stint there. I happened to have a fellow board member there befriend me. Who showed great talent. And was ready to start a fan film. And wanted me in it as a pred. And got me to spend a bit to come to his country and film with him, and he was never actually ready... wasted my time... To add I got insulted by his locals because I was aggregated at the situation. Which was so outta line and insane. They drove from a couple towns away. I took two planes and crossed an international border. I had a lil more invested than they. With everything Promised from him and nothing Delivered. Which I see was his Mo everywhere after that selling his wares. I believe he's banned from these places now. And at the same time my mom got cancer.... so I decided to go back to reality and and be family focused and stayed away from the online communities.

But being a prop collector and artist and with all the unbelievable superhero movies through the last few years got me going again. So when I saw they had open registration here again a while back I wanted to come back. So I started here. New name... New Passion. And have been just lurking. And also I am happy to report mom is striving and healthy. Truly a miracle. New username is for a reason too. I'm Norwegian. . 6'7" with long blonde hair. Always had a love for norse mythology and a comic character that I sort of resemble. Not the actor (well maybe a little...I've heard) but the character itself. Even twenty years ago my now fiance who before I ever even talked to at the time... had already nicknamed me Thor.

Well I Just wanted to come out into the open again reintroduce myself and say hello. Always liked it here. And look forward visiting on a weekly basis and see the projects. I may become a member at my old board too. See what's happenin there now. I used to go under the username Predatom there. Actually here too... Some referring to me as PredTom. Great to be back. Maybe talk to some old friends again.

Hi all,

It's nice to meet you. I enjoy costumes, have since I was a small child and my mother made them for the local theater company. I doubt I'll ever be the same caliber seamstress, but I have fun trying. :) I don't discriminate; I love gaming and movie characters, Star Trek, Star Wars (especially the expanded universe long before/after episode VI), DC, Marvel, etc. If it's fun and creative, I am all for it. I would love to learn molding and casting (though I'm not sure how much garage space the hubby would be willing to surrender lol).

Besides costumes, my hobbies include mountain biking, hiking, reading, and gaming (no current games, having recently quit GW 2). I also play with legos...a lot...sometimes even willingly!

I look forward to learning from all of you and sharing my own experiences.

Regards,

Isis Denile

Hello, I am a new member yes but I am not newly talented.

I have been doing multiple kinds of art-work from graphics, to murals, to canvas and crafts, costumes! My family calls my work amazing how ever that's not as crafty I make my food. In my life I enjoy to make art my life. So my daily outfits are made with custom, call me strange but I can be a very kind friend and I love to meet new and artists like me. I have been to conventions and Expos, never once had I strayed from the open light seen some famous people in my life for being daring. Though my work would look professional I am not known famous, but I can make things authentic and to the scale real looking without that big million dollar tag to it.

So, to not sound like I am mastermind perfect it's just the many comments I get when I share. Thanks and I hope to be known someday.

Hey guys. My name is Tysen, I work in IT. I've been working on a custom theme for my Camaro (picture below) and stumbled on this site while coming up with ideas. I plan to tackle an Ironman suit eventually. Look forward to working with you guys.

Hi all, I'm a member of a costuming group in Ireland and whilst I haven't quite finished my 501st clone trooper I have been gripped by the crazy urge to start a new costume. So my Dredd 2012 build has begun. I have the leather jacket and trousers, boots, gloves and pouches. Also have belt accesaries and a badge on order. My main focus now is a lid and as my making from scrtach skills are limited at best I think my best option would be a fully prepared model. Any tips or links would be greatly appreciated :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back