re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

I never stopped by here the first time around, and forgot my username/login for a long time, but I found my way back.

I'm Bill, and I'm active in the 501st, Rebel Legion and Fan Force. I've done a Rebel Fleet Trooper, Tusken Raider, Episode 2 clone, Snowtrooper, and am working on a Hoth Rebel Trooper and a Snowclone now.

One day I'll try my hand at making stuff, but until then, I'll keep on learning from the masters who have gone before me...

Hello everyone. I stumbled across this site just this past weekend, and lucky for me it was during open registration! I've been making costumes of one type or another for most of my life, but just in the past two years started to get into the convention scene. I've been suffering through with the teenagers and anime and general hatred for live-action over at cosplay.com, and finally decided there had to be something better. When I found you guys I signed up right away!

So about me: 29, female, married, no kids, hard-core geek. My current costuming obsessions are steampunk, and Hit Girl from Kick Ass. In the past I've done costuming for everything from Lord of the Rings to ChronoCross to Peter Pan to Tomb Raider. My first completely screen-accurate costume was actually Victoria from the first Twilight movie. Most of my construction has been of the cloth, embroidery, beading, and paint variety, though last year I made my first set of wings, and would like to do more prop creation as my costumes need it.

Anyway, that's me! Very excited to be here. :)

Hi all.
I've been browsing through these boards as a guest for quite some time now and was finally talked into joining. ;)
This whole forum is one big temptation - all the great stuff to be seen and had!

I'm a SW guy and member of the 501st but also have a knack for all things Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, ALIEN(s), Terminator, Robocop...you name it.

I'm already enjoing my joining here, even if I'm more of a passive guy. Read read read, look look look. With the occasional drooling mixed in, you know.

hey gents,
I'm new here. I just joined a few days ago. seeing as i enjoying undertaking one major costume a year i figured i'd join here and show case them, and get ideas for future projects. I don't go as big as Iron Man costumes, i started two years ago with my girlfriend. our first costume was the Joker. we did two last year, Rorschach and the Crow. I'm still at a loss as to what this years costume will be.

heres my thread showcasing my Rorschach and Crow costumes

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=86349

Last edited:

Hi, I'm new here. I'm from Mexico but I have lived in a lot of diferent places.
I'm still a college student but I like the CAD. So practically I can do whatever I want. So if some one have a project maybe I can help.

copyofgun2.png
Hi, I'm Rick from Missouri, Like alot of you I am a dreamer, Until I stumbled upon this site I felt alone, now I feel I might have found my place in this world. Thank you for the chance to learn and if I can help with ideas. And if ya wondering thats the arm cannon from Metroid.

Last edited:

Very cool costume. How long did it take to make?
LOL I was heading into work and the wifey was like I needed to take a pic with me in uniform so I did. As for the cannon it took roughly 16 hours to get it to where ya see it now from scratch.

Hey all,

Adrian here, I am brand new into prop building...I haven't actually build my first prop yet.

I have wanted to build something for while and I am still not sure where to start.

I would love any suggestions as to where to begin...something simple as I need to develop the skills.

Have a great one all

Adrian

Hello folks,
I'm new to building, but hope to be more involved as time goes on. Right now i'm finishing up a bit of work on the aa classic star trek props.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi all,
Stumbled onto this site when looking to build a Tron identity disc from EL sheets/tape.
Never tried prop building, but the information/images here were a huge help.
Prototype is on a Tron identity disc thread.

Fortunately I was able to finally register and upgrade (slightly) from lurker.

Contemplating whether I want to build a Tron-inspired costume (original, not legacy).

Hey all

Garv here. I'm relatively new to prop building - I've made a few lightsaber hilts before, but when moving lost my dremel & other tools :( My wife and I are big into costuming, so I figured props were the next logical step and happened to stumble across this board while looking for ideas.

We're both huge sci-fi geeks, and hope to build our own vacuform table and Trooper armor by Halloween (lots to do in a short time, I know!), and have the props and everything else ready to go with them.

Been looking around - seriously in awe of some of the talent of the builders here. Hopefully we'll have some good stuff of our own to put up before too long.

Thanks, and nice to meet you all!

Hi everyone, another person who is completely new to prop building here. I first got interested in prop building after watching "The Girl in the Fireplace" episode of Doctor Who when I got this crazy idea in my head that I wanted to make a life size replica clockwork man with working clockwork in the head. This obviously won't be happening for awhile, but I figure that everyone has to start somewhere and I hope to learn a lot from this community.

Hi everyone. I'm pretty new into prop building, but I've been inspired by a combination of Volpin's incredible work (even though I'm not really into Daft Punk) and Mythbusters (I use the term 'Proof of Concept" a lot now).

I'm a dentist by trade, so a lot of these concepts (resins, casting, vacuforming) are quite familiar to me, but I have very little idea how to apply them in a different setting than what I'm used to. So I'm trying to learn as much as I can as I go along.

My first prop was a GLaDOs Core from the PC game portal, which i've posted in the appropriate forum. It seems to be going over well, thanks a lot for the encouragement! :)

Hello there everyone. As some of the guys above me already said it, I'm new into prop building too, a noob so to speak. I've built my lightsabers and ANH Communicators, but that's really it. However lately, I got a lot of spare time and wanted to satisfy my inner child by building a spaceship-cockpit setup around my table and maybe even build my pc in there.

So I've stumpled across this board for a few times now and finally decided to register and get help building my 'cockpit'. And of course - if I'm able to - help others.

I'm a games journalist and show host located in Munich, Germany. I've studied hosting and voice acting and have worked on some TES IV: Oblivion Mods.

So yeah, Hi. I'm Zeis. Nice to meet you all. :D

Hey guys! I'm from Chicago and, like most of you, I'm a techie/prop lover. I'm the guy always buying the newest remote, newest iGadget, etc.

I'm absolutely in love with the Iron Man stuff (You can probably tell) and I was led here so that I could try to acquire the means of getting an arc reactor. I want to learn how to build and this is the place to be!

Nice to meet you guys and look forward to participating in many discussions!

Hello,

I'm from Toronto. I've been here for a few years - I've bought a few items from the JY over that time but basically have been lurking for a while now. Thought I'd de-lurk.

Hello all! Just joined after being an un-registered lurker as well. Big on the 80's/90's replica stuff. Ninja Turtles, Star Wars, Power Rangers, Blade, Judge Dredd, etc.

4628850038_9ae5d97631.jpg

Hello all

Smirkingrevenge here. Into all sorts of things. Love Sci-fi, music, movies, guitars, cool movie costumes. Pride and joy is my Jonathan A Logan Fight Club jacket which i have posted here

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=86754

Also have an Abby Shot Deckard Trench coat and some other bits and peices. Currently saving for a Rusty Ryan Oceans 11 suit from Baron Boutique. Found the forum by accident and knew that I belonged here.

Come and say hello

whats up everyone... just joined a few days ago.. meant to intro but well so caught up in the amazing works here that i totally forgot.. anyways i am attempting my first ever Pep costume, why because i literally have no clay sculpting skill... i can bondo and smooth well but scratch builds well not yet lol.. i have finished peping one IronMan Mk III helm.. and it wasnt to bad (ill use it to attempt the glassed bondo and what not on first) and im currently Peping the Mk V... I really lookforward to all the great people and help that i hope to recieve :) anyone know where i can find the war machine body pep files i have the helm.. thanks! just PM me..

oh im Jason btw lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back