re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hey there. Best site ever!!! Cant wait to find more friends that enjoy this stuff as much as i do!

-Kyle

Hi everyone thank you for allowing me to be part of this amazing community of creative people
A little about myself I started making props around 3 years ago mostly out of the shear frustration of not being able to afford or even buy life size props in Australia the fire arm laws here are very restrictive and its nearly impossible to get weapons imported , ive collected some sideshow and master replica stuff and made some pieces for myself ill post a few pictures soon
At the moment im working on a life size terminator 2 and I am struggling to get my head around all the skills I need to do it..... but its slowly getting there

Will

Hey,

Not sure if people read this or not, but here it goes.

I'm a 27 year old swedish prop maker wannabe. I've been interested in making props for about half a year, but I haven't really finished anything yet. What I have built I have scrapped due to my perfectionism, but I'm hoping to be able to produce something good eventually.

A newb question I'd like answered if someone may (feel free to PM me, I'm a nice guy!):

Is this forum strictly for movie props, or is it kosher to post about props based on video games as well? I'm more into video game props, but I don't want to make an ass of myself for venturing outside of the purposes of the forum. So far I haven't really seen that much props coming from the game world.

Take care.

Paw

HI GUYS !!

i'm francesco from italy and i'm really honored to be part of this comunity

i'm a prop collector and maker , i collect avction figures and gadgets from i'm really young but start with lifesize items when im 16 years old
now i'm 37 :love

i founded the 501 ITALICA Garrison years a go (i still a memer now)
i'm member of various forum and this days i seen this forum is open for the join and i joined.

this days i will post photos of my works and my collection

really really sorry for my bad english guys!!

Howdy!

I stumbled upon this place while researching some props I was interested in doing. I have been into historical recreations of armor and weapons for some time now, but I've had requests by some family members to make them various props (Fallout, Halo, various tv shows, etc). I've been lurking and learning for months now, so I'm glad to finally get to say hi.

Hey, I joined in January and haven't really had time to do more that lurk for these last few months. I'm into Star Wars, Star Trek, LotR, Comics and Video Games.

My Prop collection is pretty much just Lightsabers at this point, I'm working on getting a Captain America Shield and hopefully I'll be working on a Vader RotJ costume and Jedi Costume.

I'm interested in learning some new tricks to flex my creative muscles, I've been reading about casting and anodizing.

We'll see where that all leads.

Hi all. I stumbled onto the RFP forum last summer to read about TMP’s amazing IM Mk III armor. Last month I started carving my own Mk III. I’m starting with the shins and working my way up. I should be making my first ever mold of my first ever carved piece this weekend. My build is going slowly because I don’t have much free time right now, but I’m enjoying the process very much. Thanks in advance for all the help and advice I’m sure I’ll be asking for. I’ve been amazed at talent and creations of the people on this board.

Forgot to mention you can also find me over at siwdat.com/forum/; same user name.

Greetings from Malaysia~!,

Sup guys,

this site is awesome!! Lots of talented people here who makes the screen touchable.

thanks for the registration.

Howdy everyone,
Im actually enjoying myself reading through the threads. I haven't tried making a prop before but maybe going through them will inspire me.

Hello all!

I've been lurking around on the various incarnations of RPF for ages. I even remember posting a little on the old AOL boards way back when. I've ended up in the threads here many times over the years when searching for info on various props, and have had it in the back of my mind to register someday, but only recently did I happen to stumble in while registration was open. Score! :D

Brief info about me: I'm an artist, fanboy, and nerd of all trades from New York, and I've been replicating props and costumes since I was old enough to use scissors and construction paper. I'm currently rebuilding my online portfolio, and I look forward to sharing my silly work with all of you.

Hey guys, my name's Shyam and Im from the sunny island of singapore.

My main focus is 1/6 scaled figs and you'll often find me roaming SSF and OSW boards. I couldn't resist signing up when i saw registration for this board opening up.

I've a keen interest in movies and science fiction. I'm currently working on a full 1/1 scaled halo odst set of armor and am hoping to add a USCM colonial marines suit to that as well.Lovethis board and all the friendly members!

Calling Dr. Tusken. . . .

Hmmmm. I never know quite what to put in these things. Well, I'm a full time med student with a passion for Star Wars. I just got into the costuming game about 4 months ago. I'm finishing up a couple of Jawa costumes for my son and baby brother. Im going all out. Thank God for my future patients I'm better with medicine than with managing cash (the costumes have cost me so far $900). LOL! I'll be posting pics and eventually be putting up a website with step by step tutorials on how it all came together. I am almost finished with my Tusken Raider costume. Just waiting on the helmet to be delivered then it's application time! I currently live in eastern Tennessee near Knoxville.

Hi,

I'm from the Philippines. Been a long time lurker of this site, I'm into props, scale modeling, and anything to keep my hands busy.

Thanks for the registration. This is a really helpful site.

Hi guy's recently got into prop building via airsoft (it all started with a dl44!) and absolutely love it. I'm more of a dumpster diver/greeblies lover than a precision engineer and have got a real thing for original star wars props.

Built a working airsoft dl44 and a light saber hilt. Now looking at building a working E-11 and the dollar store arc comp thats on ATM!

See you around

Dave

Hello everyone! I was finally able to catch registration! I have been admiring all the great work on here for sometime!
I am a graphic designer in Seattle and big movie fan. I build a lot of props and such for Halloween and for friends. My favorites are of course Star Wars and the sci-fi stuff. I have a few projects I want to start on, so hopefully I can add to the great work done here.

Hi folks. Discovered the forum last year when I really got into Firefly. Was glad to see I could join recently. I just want to use this forum as a resource to research things I want to put together. I'm not skilled at all in craft making, but I certainly want to learn and develop it as a hobby. Some fandoms I enjoy include Firefly, Farscape, new BSG, Aliens series, Teminator, and pretty much most sci-fi out there. Also an avid gamer so I've started venturing into the cosplaying world.

Hey all, some of you may already know me a little bit from BOTB. Definitely into superhero costuming -- especially BB/TDK. But love all the other stuff too and I have seen some really great stuff on this board! I love how big and diverse the people and the things on this board are and look forward to contributing and learning!

Just have to say how much I've enjoyed (and learned from) all the talent on these boards...and now I'm finally a member!!

Hi ,I'm Tony..been collecting props for over 40 years.
Been following RPF for about a year.....always learning and collecting !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back