The Henry Rifle - Pics up

PHArchivist

Master Member
Last edited:
Re: The Henry Rifle

Well you could go this route or get a real Henry cheap and have converted to blank fire.Hope this helps

Before I clicked on the links, I thought you were getting a real Henry rifle. What do they go for now? Ungodly high prices, I'm assuming?

As a kid, I remember the cowboy movies where they loaded a Henry rifle and loaded it through the front tube. I always though that was cool.

Yeah, real Henry rifles go for a lot more than $200ish, as the replica is priced.

I've had some experience with these, and as wall hangers and occasional goof around with guns, they are great. I don't think you will be disappointed at all.

You're going all out on the silverado collection, huh?

:)

Love that flick!

I'm fairly sure my father has one, but if he does, it's an original. Either that, or it's a Mississippi Rifle. I'll ask tomorrow. Regardless, he'll have good info on both originals and repros.

Just make sure you get the caliber, etc right. My husband and several inlaws have done Civil War reenactments, and I know that a lot of the Henry rifles in the catalog had a very similar body, but the wrong specs for what they needed. I used to have a catalog laying around here, but no idea where it is at the moment. When I worked at Gander Mtn, they were able to order most models in for you. I'm sure Bass Pro, as their competetor. would be able to do the same.

Yup! May have to get two! ;)

Danny Glover carried a winchester yellow boy rifle with the front stock removed, not an actual Henry rifle. His Dad carried a Henry though. My guess is they did that because of the bullet follower. Danny Glover probably had problems with it pinching his hand.

You can pick up replica yellow boy rifles too, if you're going for extreme accuracy.

Danny Glover carried a winchester yellow boy rifle with the front stock removed, not an actual Henry rifle. His Dad carried a Henry though. My guess is they did that because of the bullet follower. Danny Glover probably had problems with it pinching his hand.

You can pick up replica yellow boy rifles too, if you're going for extreme accuracy.

Correct. In fact, I considered doing just that; grabbing a Yellow Boy and modifying.

I suppose if I were going ALL out, I'd spend the money on actual firing weapons, or at least blank firing. I've found some blank firing stainless SAA Colts that put the Dinix finish to absolute shame (understandably).

I reenact civil war this is where I picked up my 1859 Berdan sharps rifle.
http://www.fcsutler.com/
The Henry is my next goal to get.
They have period correct henry rifles also. While a bit more pricey then the one you linked to it really depends on what you are going to use it for.

i can't seem to find any info on where to purchase the .44 caliber blanks this rifle takes. i see .22, 8mm, and 9mm... perhaps it was a typo? like .44 sized cartridges that hold .22 blanks?

I'm strongly considering purchasing a replica Henry rifle.

Has anyone here had any experience with the available replicas?

Below are links to three sellers. I'm presuming they're all selling the same product.

Thoughts?

https://www.blank-guns-depot.com/blank-firing-guns-store/product.php?productid=1355&cat=62&page=2

https://www.blank-guns-depot.com/blank-firing-guns-store/product.php?productid=1355&cat=62&page=2

http://www.circlekb.com/product/CA22-1030L.html

Can't say I have any experience with the replicas, but it looks like a great (and somewhat cost effect) addition to your collection!

I could be wrong, but aren't the real rifles going for over $700 (and up to $1,600) right now?

I could be wrong, but aren't the real rifles going for over $700 (and up to $1,600) right now?

$1300 to $1500 roughly. Interestingly, only Uberti make an accurate functional reproduction of the original 1860 Henry Rifle. The modern Henry Rifle company does not.

Are you thinking of the 8mm blank firing lever action rifle made in Italy?

doh my bad, i just re-read the initial post and now realize that you are interested in a Non-firing replica. no wonder i couldn't find any info about what kind of ammo it used.:$

Well all the info my dad had on replicas of these has been covered already before I had a chance to post again. :lol Nice to know there are other historic firearm enthusiasts here too.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back