collection showoff! - Video Tour - last page

ave4uevoli

Sr Member
collection showoff! - lifesize boba fett and misc.- pg 18

So, I've got two - four weeks before my first kid! It's going to be a girl - I got all of the babies room done and 95% of the construction done... but my prop room has suffered. With all the construction and two floods, things have gotten really cruddy down there.

So I started this weekend to start really cleaning things up and arranging things for the future. I have a bunch of things in the pipeline and i don't want to get caught where I'll have to spend too much time downstairs in the basement when I should be rocking a cradle or pooping or burping or wiping... etc. Whoa.... that's a whole lot of stuff.... :confused :confused:eek :confused :confused

Okay ---- so massive cleanup in the basement. I grouped star wars lifesized stuff (mostly darth vader) in one side, comic stuff on another, SS models on another side... etc. Still a whole lot of boxes and grouping and making and doing.

I was procrastinating until now - but - I finally realized that I may only have anywhere between 1-3 weekends left!

Enjoy the pics... I'll be happy to answer any questions I can about any of the props. (edit - I've added descriptions of stuff so I can give props to people who have helped me out over the years)

*EDIT* Okay - this post used to be filled with pictures and descriptions - but for some reason the pictures disappeared! Rargh!

Here are some random pictures of the collection, all out of order in time. Sorry, I'll try and get the original pictures and descriptions back up at some point.

IMG_9769.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

Last edited:
Re: collection showoff- 2 weeks before BABY!

I should be rocking a cradle or pooping or burping or wiping... etc.

pooping? I have two kids and don't remember ever having to poop for them... ;)

Seriously though, by the looks of that awesome collection you have way too much money, kids will fix that problem for you! :D

So I'm happily reading about how your first baby is on the way...and thinking to myself, very cool...digging that part of course, and noting that you too are blessed with a girl...and so I start scrolling through the pics...and then more pics of the awesome displays....and then the pics of the rest of the collection, and the Vader stuff.... and the big room and the nice floors and cool ceilings... all that really nice stuff and cool things and by the end of it all I was like...

........'oh yea....he needs to get this ready because he's having a baby soon!'

LOL...:thumbsup

I share your excitement bud. :) Our first was actually twin girls.....and I've also had to give up two rooms in the house since. :lol
You're going to really enjoy this part of your life. Congrats to you and your significant other. :)

David

Great collection man! (Especially the Superman & Crystal display.) If possible could you post some better pictures and descriptions of your Indiana Jones stuff? (Particularly the framed Headpiece to the Staff Ra.) Thanks!
View attachment 23887

Congrats on the coming child. :)

I think you'll soon need to find a higher/safer/encased place for that Basestar to prevent a potential trip to the hospital from an accidental facepoke :lol:cry

Nice collection! You've got a massive basement, but of all of it, I don't see anything on the walls! You could get a good amount of your collection up on the wall and the rest below.

Your collection is simply to die for, Thomas!

And congrats on becoming a daddy-to-be! :cheers

I DON'T want to be the one who will have to clean all that stuff !!!!

Most impressive.....having such half of that space to display my pieces would be a....a....a dream !!!

Excellent.

Thanks so much guys! Yea, throughout the years, I definitely felt support from all you guys. I couldn't have done this without you.

Pedestals and more mannequins are shipping and on their way. Now to answer questions.... :)

Beautiful collection. What is that truck from?

Yup like said earlier, the truck is the screenused miniature from the 80's knight rider series. Pics can be found here.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=72996&highlight=knight+rider

pooping? I have two kids and don't remember ever having to poop for them... ;)

Seriously though, by the looks of that awesome collection you have way too much money, kids will fix that problem for you! :D

Financially, yea - these last 5-6 years have been a trip. I actually had to set up a "prop fund" just to keep up with some of the amazing stuff that the RPF produces. I suggest this for all collectors here. I started out with an initial "investment" into the prop fund, and I only spent money that I "made" from the fund. Essentially it's like only spending your winnings in vegas. This actually allowed me to hone my skills in the real world, with learning to play the odds with risky investments. Financially sound investments I kept for my family and that's a whole new ballgame.

I suggest this for everyone - even if you can't start a whole new "fund" or anything, but just put a small percentage away for your toys... don't spend until you're in debt or if you're currently in debt get out of it before you start buying toys.

Great collection man! (Especially the Superman & Crystal display.) If possible could you post some better pictures and descriptions of your Indiana Jones stuff? (Particularly the framed Headpiece to the Staff Ra.) Thanks!
View attachment 23887

Here ya go!
jmtwo's tablet in the back, markpoon's nurhachi urn, Grail diary from Kalkamel,
IMG_2860.jpg

relicmaker's cross, a lead hand carved cross, and mark poon's cross
IMG_2859.jpg

magnoli headpiece (a little dusty sorry) shadowboxed with extra attachment piece, plaque and picture
IMG_2857.jpg

azuma's new run of sankara stones. Quite possibly the most accurate ones thus far.
IMG_2856.jpg

soon to have baby toys and a stroller in the images

Congrats on the coming child. :)

I think you'll soon need to find a higher/safer/encased place for that Basestar to prevent a potential trip to the hospital from an accidental facepoke :lol:cry

The basestar is safe - I have more pedestals on the way, and I wanted to keep it away from the other props for now because I was dusting the rest of the stuff. I'll have to start a BSG corner soon. I have SS models.. somewhere.

Thankfully I have this room to myself. I even have it hidden away. I don't think I'll be telling the little boo about the basement for a few years. There are plenty of other things around the house for her to break. :rolleyes
I have a secret bookshelf door that has electromagnetic locks. These locks actually keep it really secure. I can't budge the thing no matter how hard I push. There's even a keypad with my own combo that opens the door leading to the basement.

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

The tutorial can be found on my youtube page... the videos were taken before I renovated my kitchen...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnE70IxLTSo

Nice collection! You've got a massive basement, but of all of it, I don't see anything on the walls! You could get a good amount of your collection up on the wall and the rest below.

Yup - I agree. I plan to put stuff on the walls once I finish "grouping" I used to have stuff on the walls but after my collection grew I realized stuff on the walls didn't correspond to the stuff underneath. So if this is the final grouping of stuff, I can put the right stuff on the walls.

Last edited:

Yes, I remember the thread about hidden doors from a few years back :lol

So, did you think about installing a pinhole camera to see if there is noone in the kitchen when you want to leave the basement? I can imagine your kids surprise when she is in the kitchen and suddenly daddy comes out of the prop closet :lol (alright, pun intended :p ).

If only I had that much room! Looks great. Your walls need some framed posters or onesheets.

First off, congrats man! Your going to have your hands full but im sure you will love every minute of it.

Now..good ****** that is some collection man. I thought the big room was ..well big..until i seen the blade pics. Amazing man. But like others have said a few framed posters would be sweet. Then get yourself a nice seat in the centre so you can sit and admire

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back