collection showoff! - Video Tour - last page

Re: collection showoff- 1 week left before BABY! Pics pg 1,2,& 3

HEY HEY HEY! So - my wife's tummy felt funny last night -we thought that it was TIME! ...but after 30 minutes the feeling went away... rargh! this baby needs to come out already! :angry

Soooo... since there is no baby - lets continue with the thread. Things from here are in are going to appear less and less finished because of, y'know, the whole baby thing.

Lightsabers - I have a bunch of efx sabers - but the coolest ones are the ones that are just the hilts. They're heavy, they're cool to hold and highly addictive.
I gotta be honest though - i'm not as crazy as most of you guys here on the boards. I don't have every single saber ever made. In the beginning I only wanted one, the Luke ANH saber. So after being here for a while, I waited and waited for a nice replica made from a real graflex. After I got it, I noticed that the graflex is really really cool and it would be great to get a Luke ESB saber. So I picked up another graflex.... and somewhere down the line.. another. -sigh-

I do have a set of gino's saber grips, as well as all the parts that I need to finish off the ESB saber.

I'll have to add an extra hook or something for Rylo's upcoming ROTJ Reveal saber. WOO HOO! Then I"ll have a nice good complete set of Luke sabers. :thumbsup

These sabers have been sitting in a box for almost a year - I never figured out how to hang these on a wall or display them. Then, as fate would have it, I was strolling through Home Depot and discovered Peg boards! I'm putting peg boards everywhere! I can even hang really long hooks off pegboards and hangers for spandex suits and costumes that I couldn't display before - it's awesome. Highly customizable and quick!

(Speed is key when you're hanging batarangs on the wall between tummy contractions)

First pegboard of sabers - I'll have to start another one soon. Yes, this one is still on the floor - It should be quick to drill it into the wall. I'll also be adding some padding on the hooks so that they're all "level." There is an obvious tilt on some of the sabers - it drives my OCD ass nuts.
IMG_3022.jpg

Here's a blank Graflex on top - I can finish this into a ESB or a ANH. I have all the reflective tape, D rings, grips..etc. But it's almost too pretty to finish.
On the botton is another unfinished graflex with a esb circuit board - same story as above - Most likely I'll just finish one of them and leave the other one alone.
IMG_3023.jpg

Here's the ANH saber - real graflex - bubble lenses - etc. I gotta count how many grips I have - I might be short one for a ANH saber - no biggie, I'll just shift them all around and add another one if needed.
IMG_3024.jpg

Vader saber - Okay - a bunch of inaccuracies here - It is a real heiland though. I'll accurize it up after I'm done with all the Luke sabers
IMG_3025.jpg

Stunt Luke ROTJ saber: Don't know the origins of this - It's machined metal - has some nice heft to it - Got it from my good buddy Simmon M. It's just cool to have.
IMG_3026.jpg

Hero Luke ROTJ saber: Same story as above - could probably pick up some triangular light pieces from pastor jedi or something to give this a little more "kick" but - yea.... when I get to it.. haha
IMG_3027.jpg

As stated above - pegboards are awesome - I can finally get all my batman props together into one cohesive display. I'm starting to work on it now - but I figured I'd show off the beginnings of it, as well as the all metal 89 grapple gun.

Here's the starting of the display - Those sonar batarangs are all metal, made by Henry Wayne. I have three of them, one chrome, one black and one gold plated one. (The chrome one isn't shown) The batarangs are "fully functional" (when you push the button they are foldable). Henry Wayne made some great stuff back in the day. He made a lot of batman stuff out of metal including a functional panther belt buckle, a 89 belt buckle, a bat heater etc. I haven't been keeping up to date with his projects, but I haven't seen him pop up lately...
IMG_3029.jpg

Batman begins grapple gun, with little wayne enterprises display plaque and a metal grappling hook. (the grappling hook fits the 89 grappling gun too - so it's fun to swap them around) :)
IMG_3031.jpg

Okay - here's the all metal 89 grappling gun. I don't know the origins of this particular piece, hopefully someone with better knowlege can use these pictures to figure it out. It is all metal, you can screw the two halves apart. There is a metal coil inside which can be pulled out. The hook shown is resin. I know it looks weathered - but it's really not. That's "real" dust from all the construction that went on. :unsure

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

Okay - that's all I had time for this weekend prop wise - I figure you guys don't want to see pics of me dusting the house in my undies.. :lol

Last edited:

Dude! Where do you even find half these props?! Amazing collection!!!!!

Dude! Where do you even find half these props?! Amazing collection!!!!!

a whole lotta time wasted surfing the junkyard and ebay.... :confused

i tried putting as many sellers and makers as I could remember - it's tough to keep track. Hopefully that helps but if you have specific questions about a certain prop I can always try and answer them. :thumbsup

Making friends here certainly helps. I'll gotta tell you, replica props and screenused props are two completely separate worlds with their own culture and people. I've gotten to know a lot of great, generous and intelligent people here by PM'ming people on the side and asking questions.

let me know if you need me to dust the place off!!:love thats one hell of a collection you have going on!! congrats!!(y)thumbsup

I hope you have a complete photo catalog of all that stuff. Just in case something should happen. You need to make sure you have a record of it.

As for the collection, impressive!

Re: collection showoff- 2 weeks before BABY! Pics pg 1,2,& 3

Hmmm, that Idol stand looks familiar. :)
Holy Orange, Batman!!!! Can I come to your house?! Absolutely stunning collection there my friend! I'm betting your home security system must be equally impressive. :lol

-AL

Nice museum.......er I mean collection.

Awesome eye candy!:love

I have to agree, that IS a museum for sure!

Congratulations on the upcoming baby. You will need a playpen in your collection room! :)

Very impressive... I would like to have my workshop something like a third of your space, it would be way bigger is it now... o_O

Good luck with the baby ! :)

Well - The baby is here!
Annika Fan
Born 5-9-10
Weight: 7 lbs 7.5 oz.
10 fingers and 10 Toes! WOO HOO

So I guess this thread wont be updated for a really long time... Thanks for all the support guys! :)
Man - I'm tired - I haven't slept in nearly 57 hours now...only 18 more years to go :lol

CIMG4345.jpg

CIMG4344.jpg

CIMG4343.jpg

CIMG4291.jpg

CIMG4204.jpg

CIMG4323.jpg

CIMG4237.jpg

Re: Collection Showoff- Baby is here! Pics pg 1,2,& 3

I have two of those last items. I keep trying to sell them but nobody is taking them. Congratulations on being a father.

What a cutie.... You'll be busy for a while... Sleep is overrated until your NOT getting any...

Thanks so much for the kind words guys. It really means a lot.

I gotta say, the first day you have your first child it really does change everything. The combination of not sleeping, but also knowing that your whole life is changing is quite remarkable. Nothing can really prepare you for the experience. Back in the day I thought I was totally ready to be a father. One night of baby crying will make you realize that it's a learning experience for both you and your child.

I didn't expect the change to be so drastic. I'm exhausted, but I'm happy so I really don't care. :)

I will most likely continue with this thread once I get my life in order... there's still more stuff hidden in the depths of the basement :love

I don't have the words to describe how amazing that is. Great collection!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back