collection showoff! - Video Tour - last page

Re: collection showoff- 2 weeks before BABY!

Thanks for the close-up pics and descriptions of your "Indy" stuff! Much appreciated. (Again,...awesome collection.) Good luck with your new adventure!

dude, that is so sweet!

I need more info on that secret door, mainly the keypad and mag-latches. I still need to tweak my own secret door :cool

Dude, your collection is Killing me!
First off the collection as a whole is fantastic...but I love the Robocop, Rocketeer, and the proton pack...what did you use to stand the proton pack up on the pillar?
I need to get mine off the floor.
BTW you have too many captain america shields, I'll take the round one. lol

Also your hidden book case, door is sweet!
mike

dude, that is so sweet!

I need more info on that secret door, mainly the keypad and mag-latches. I still need to tweak my own secret door :cool

keypad, and mag latches were all part of a kit from skylinkhome.
http://www.skylinkhome.com/us/products/sdo/automatic_swing_door_opener.html
got the DM-100 with an extra mag lock, keypad and wall button to open the door from the inside.

It also helped when I ripped the bookshelf door out and redid everything. I learned that the door opener works just as well upside down and is even more stable. So if you get it, just turn the instructions upside down. :)
IMG_2862.jpg

Hope that helps.

Dude, your collection is Killing me!
First off the collection as a whole is fantastic...but I love the Robocop, Rocketeer, and the proton pack...what did you use to stand the proton pack up on the pillar?
I need to get mine off the floor.
BTW you have too many captain america shields, I'll take the round one. lol

Also your hidden book case, door is sweet!
mike

Thanks Thanks!
Proton pack is on a guitar stand. like this:
725586631545.jpg

It's not exactly like the pic above but pretty similar - My only suggestion is to get a really really sturdy one. The one I have is kinda sturdy but if I were ever to run into the pedestal, I'd be worried of it falling. Damn proton pack is nearly 50 pounds with all the batteries, sound, lght and alice pack...

Captain America shields - Two are ones that sideshow released - But there are two more realistic ones (IMO) from Irishamericanlad here on the boards. He makes great shields :thumbsup

where do you get your pedestals?

http://www.edisplays.biz/products.html

the pedestals totally get the job done. They can hold anything I put on it. :thumbsup

It's not the prettiest, it's not real marble, or stone... :unsure

I started getting these when I first started collecting. Back in the day I couldn't fathom how displaying a prop could sometimes cost more than the actual prop.... so I got a lot of these.

Over time - I felt like I had to match what I had previously or else the entire collection would look weird as a whole.

I'm still not sure if I would have gone a different route with these. They're very practical and functional

Let me also congratulate you on the forthcoming addition to your family!

Next...That is one superb collection from the hidden door all the way down to the displays. But don't you think you might need at least 1-2 more X-Wings? :lol

Keep us updated on how the other side of the basement develops.

Bruce

I always thought it was cool to have "full figure" displays. I always wanted a Stormtrooper one. Awesome collection!

I spotted a Gundam some where in there LOL, and some interesting looking GOdzilla stuff, i'd love to get a closer look at that mate, congrats on the baby!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back