Willy Wonka Office Bust

CaptainEO

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I was watching the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory last night, and thought of a great idea for a prop to put in my office:

Good+day+sir.bmp

The bust cut in half with his hat on it.

The only problem is, can anyone identify who the bust is of? Also, any idea on where I could get a top hat in the right color? I think this would be a fun prop to have, and should be relatively easy to put together once the pieces are identified.

yeah i have always wanted to do several cut pieces from that office. Love the wallpaper too

edit , I emailed Mel Stuart to ask him if he remembered. I have had email conversations with him before so maybe he remembers if no one else does.

Last edited:
That was exactly what I thought a couple hours ago when I first looked at this thread.

Maybe we could find someone who has a life mask or someone to sculpt one and we can do a run of these??

i always thought it was Gene wilder , but who knows. Kinda looks like a younger version. I just want to know for sure . I don't have my wonka book here dang it

Here's a picture from the book:

wonka.jpg

It could be a bust of Wonka, but to me it seems more like Mozart.

As a portrait artist it's my impression that is not Gene Wilder!
Whoever it is appears older with jowls, a double chin and neck wrinkles.
The space between the bottom of the nose and the upper lip is shorter then Gene's. Also, Gene's nose seems to stick out farther and is pointier.
Sorry I could not be more helpful as to who it might be but I do not recognize him at all!
I am also sure it is not Mozart. Bit it could be another classical musician of lesser fame who's bust they picked up cheap and chopped in half.
If I find out who it might be I will post a pic.
Best of luck searching, Petseal

My pea-brain totally skipped a groove when I read the title of this thread.. I was envisioning someone arrested at an office while dressed as Willy or something...:lol
On topic tho.. I always liked the 1/2 clock on the wall

I always thought it looked like Thomas Edison.

tn_Thomas_Edison.jpg

I don't know why they would use a bust of him though...

Maybe it's supposed to Roald Dahl, but it doesn't look much like him.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back