Iron Man Bust

Thanks for that aldenthomas! Almost as useful as your other posts!! :wacko

Anyway.... Oh yes, just heard that the molds have been completed and casting should start next week. I'll post details about getting one when i know a bit more. And thanks again for the positive comments!

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thats an impresive bust, I am working on somethig similar, also with super sculpey but i can not get that level of smoothness, can you tell me if you are using somoethinbg special to reach that finish?

Again, excellent job man!

Yeah, i used a rake tool first then smothed it out with a flat tool then used isopropyl alcohol to smooth with a brush. I then had to sand to get the machined look.

Pete

Thanks for the smothness tip Pete.

Im working on my second statue, Iron Man, obiously the use of sculpey is new to me, basically just as a hobbie, and to find this posts is very vulable to me,

Let me tell you again that you are very talented sculptor, and see you work can give us "the newbies" the motivation to keep sculpting.

Thanks

JerryBatacas.

Wow Thanks Jerry! Your Iron Man looks fantastic! Not sure you're allowed to call yourself a newbie when you can sculpt that well though!:lol

Pete

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back